PDA

View Full Version : Cable vs. Satellite

Baby Rollo
December 25th, 2002, 07:12 PM
Here's a debate over cable and sattelite t.v. I'll fight for the cable t.v. side. Anyone want to join in on the debate?

Cale Yin
December 25th, 2002, 10:03 PM
I've never had satellite, but I know what it's like, and I vote for cable. I hate the having to always fix the antenna.

Darkhood_343
December 26th, 2002, 07:53 AM
I'm voting for cable. I won't say why because I'm saving that for later, when people say sattelite(sp?) is better.

LadyBeelze
December 26th, 2002, 12:46 PM
i used to have cable..it could only have like less than 30 channels, i go for satilite...tons of channels, anime movies and everything else you could think of. Though when it snows or rains really hard the tv won't work for half a day or so.

Baby Rollo
December 26th, 2002, 03:01 PM
That's 3 for cable and 1 for satellite. We'll wait for more people.

MoonShadow
December 27th, 2002, 01:28 PM
Cable. Anyway, it allows a discount on our internet connection. :D Also, don't you think you should include "digital", even though its still a cable service.

Airemia
December 27th, 2002, 02:08 PM
Cable is way better. I have digital cable. It's got all the same channels as satellite, and it's easier to use. My friend has satellite, and her card keeps freezing, and she keeps having to go get it fixed. Ugh, I swear, every time I'm at her house her card is freezing, so we can never watch TV! :mad:

Russus Robur
January 1st, 2003, 06:38 PM
It is a toss up between cable and dish, we had used both at sometime or another. With cable you can get your locals without having to pay extra. Plus your system stays up if there is a strong storm. But you do not get the channels like you do on dish. There a channel on dish that is 24 / 7 of horse shows and classic tractors that cable does not have but dish does.

Lord Servone
January 2nd, 2003, 04:30 PM
I'll go for satelite, since its the only one I ever had. No cable lines run where I live....one of the things that give dishes an advantage I guess....

dandin1
January 2nd, 2003, 06:44 PM
Satelite is the best, even if I don't have it. With sattelite you get an enormous choice of channel, and you can wach a the same show a few times, because of timezones. ex: CBC-O CBC-A CBC-S, and you can control the guide, you don't have to wait for it to scroll.

Red Draco
January 2nd, 2003, 07:30 PM
I'm going to say "cable" but only cuz I get it for free. ;) It comes with the house rent. I don't watch TV enough to care much about cable vs. satellite.

LadyBeelze
January 2nd, 2003, 08:56 PM
you can wach a the same show a few times, because of timezones

yes yes, i like that too ^_^ Ex: the other day i watched the lord of the rings like 3 times in one day on different starz channels

Baby Rollo
January 2nd, 2003, 09:23 PM
With Comcast Digital Cable, you can get over 170 channels including local ones. The reception is always clear and sharp--even in stormy weather. You only have to pay for one cable line for all of the televisions in the house. With satellite, you have to install a satellite for every television. You also have to pay for certain channels when you use satellite.

dandin1
January 3rd, 2003, 10:55 AM
With Comcast Digital Cable, you can get over 170 channels including local ones. Do you work for Comcast or something? With sattelitle, you can get 900 chanels!

You only have to pay for one cable line for all of the televisions in the house. With satellite, you have to install a satellite for every television. no you don't... Go to radioshak and buy a 1 to 4 coaxial cable thing, and you can get satelite on more than one TV... or just make it yourself! It's easy!

You also have to pay for certain channels when you use satellite. Same with cable, you have to pay xtra for certain packages...

Baby Rollo
January 3rd, 2003, 02:49 PM
Who needs 900 channels.

Same with cable, you have to pay xtra for certain packages...

But you pay for each channel on satellite.

no you don't... Go to radioshak and buy a 1 to 4 coaxial cable thing, and you can get satelite on more than one TV... or just make it yourself! It's easy!

Not everyone knows how to make one of those things. And some people are just too lazy.

dandin1
January 3rd, 2003, 03:32 PM
I think people prefer not being lazy than paying extra $ a month

no you dont: If you paid for evrey chanel seperately, that would be a good thing...

Baby Rollo
January 3rd, 2003, 03:43 PM
Time is more precious than money Dandin.

And it's bad to pay for every channel. Each channel costs 3 dollars each. The movie channels are 8 dollars each.

Darkhood_343
January 3rd, 2003, 04:26 PM
Dandin
And it's bad to pay for every channel. Each channel costs 3 dollars each. The movie channels are 8 dollars each.
Wow... that's a lot. Cable is better...

dandin1
January 3rd, 2003, 06:28 PM
Each chanel cost 3$? yikes! Are you inventing those numbers Rollo? Here you can only pay packadges, not single chanels.

Paying for individual chanels instead of packages is way better since you can choose the channels you want and the ones you don't want. But with a package, you have to pay for EVREY channel in the package, even if you only are interested in one of them!

MoonShadow
January 3rd, 2003, 07:36 PM
With sattelitle, you can get 900 chanels! And with IO, you can get 900 too. ;)

Baby Rollo
January 4th, 2003, 08:42 AM
Packages are better because they are a lot cheaper. If you pay 3 dollars a month per channel, you hve to pay at lesat 60 dollars for the channels that you want. With cable, you pay only half that amount for 70 -90 something channels.

dandin1
January 4th, 2003, 10:57 AM
but you wouldnt pay 3$ a month for a channel. The numbers your are saying are highly egagerated.

Here you pay 60$ a month for EVREY chanel on sattelite.
Also, on satelite, you can get highly detailed info about the show, you can search the guide, password channels, choose diffrent categories, have bookmarks etc. Having 900 channels on cable would be crazy, because you can't "zap" trough all those channels to find something.

Baby Rollo
January 5th, 2003, 02:55 PM
$3 a month is no exaggeration. It probably is an underestimation.

LadyBeelze
January 5th, 2003, 03:00 PM
my satilite has 500 channels for about 45 dollars a month..i don't think its such a bad deal

The Red Badger
January 5th, 2003, 04:27 PM
The things we discuss. :rolleyes:

Oddly enough, a few months back Bill O'Reilly ran a story about how it's illegal in Canada to own a TV satellite dish. He had people whose dishes had been seized by the government and even more write in about how they were proud they possessed an "illegal dish".

*writes down the names of every Canadian here who says they have a dish*

I wouldn't answer the door if I were you. :cool:

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

dandin1
January 6th, 2003, 08:09 AM
eh? Looks like Americains beleived Rick Mercer... uh-oh