PDA

View Full Version : Where have all the new members gone?

Jodan
April 2nd, 2005, 11:38 PM
Almost every day, it seems like on the bottom of the Long Patrol Forum's home page, there is a different newest member. I was looking through the member's list, and they weren't listed. What's the deal?

LordTBT
April 3rd, 2005, 12:28 AM
I've noticed all our new members too, which is why I'd like to invite the following new members to actually make a post:

"cad93" "KayJea abcdefg" "William Wallace" "Denjer_the_otter" and
"Dwullow McLeafpad"

Welcome to the Long Patrol.

Jodan
April 3rd, 2005, 01:00 AM
Their who I was talking about. They don't even show up on the member's list, and I remember when I would click on their profiles when they showed up as the newest member, it said I didn't have the right priveliges.

Lyrian Aryns
April 3rd, 2005, 01:08 AM
I think that's because they haven't even validated their accounts.

Bladeswift
April 3rd, 2005, 01:09 AM
I seem to recall that in order to activate your account you had to click the link provided in the email you received. Could they be members who haven't activated their accounts via the email? Or do members not show up until they've completed the registration process?

shadowmoon
April 3rd, 2005, 05:52 PM
if i remember correctly, you press the link and you get another message that leads you to the website. i can probably raid my email account...

...actually no, you get a welcome and that means you can go to the website and log on

this was my last message
shadowmoon,

Thanks for registering at The Long Patrol Forums! We are glad you have
chosen to be a part of our community and we hope you enjoy your stay.

Thanks again,
The Long Patrol Forums team

my first was confirming the log in details

does this help?

Mackinsie
April 3rd, 2005, 06:04 PM
It would be impossible for several of the people TBT listed to post on this forum. There are several reasons why people don't show up on the members list.

Hisk
April 3rd, 2005, 08:00 PM
I don't get it. Impossible, how?

Lonna Bowstripe
April 3rd, 2005, 08:36 PM
Click Here! (http://forums.longpatrolclub.com/member.php?find=lastposter&t=1276)
If that doesn't work, do an advanced search. Leave all fields blank except the "find posts by user" one, and type in "Denjer_the_otter" Then click on the "last post by "Denjer_the_otter" button.

Plus, he's listed.

Martin the Warrior
April 3rd, 2005, 10:31 PM
I don't get it. Impossible, how?

They no longer have the capacity to.

Hisk
April 4th, 2005, 02:32 PM
So they're banned?

Ringmaster
April 4th, 2005, 07:29 PM
No they forgot about this site and because of that their brains blew up because they couldn't live knowing that they passed by a great chance at being a member of one of the best redwall sites ever ;)

WarpedTower
April 6th, 2005, 02:27 PM
I just registered today.

LadyBeelze
April 6th, 2005, 05:08 PM
*points and jaw opens wide* LIKE OMG THERE'S ACTUALLY A NEWBIE. *chains Warped Tower to the forum floor* There you can't leave...
oh and BTW, welcome to the LP! ;)

WarpedTower
April 6th, 2005, 05:11 PM
*points and jaw opens wide* LIKE OMG THERE'S ACTUALLY A NEWBIE. *chains Warped Tower to the forum floor* There you can't leave...
oh and BTW, welcome to the LP! ;)

Thanks.

I have been to many other forums You guys can see me at the gamepro forums(I am a game nut).

I have been wanting to register here for a while and have finaly have.

WarpedTower
April 6th, 2005, 05:12 PM
It says I am a dibbun How do make youself a patroller?

Felldoh
April 6th, 2005, 05:19 PM
100 posts.

Rolinko
April 6th, 2005, 05:27 PM
Try not to get there in under two weeks. ;)

Hisk
April 6th, 2005, 06:07 PM
Like Wormerwing. ;)

Nah, dont be shy.

Sebastion Black
April 6th, 2005, 10:52 PM
They no longer have the capacity to.
Ergo, they got B& for something they did in, like, their first couple posts.

Or else their whole area got banned by a single IP ban or something, but I somehow doubt it!

Ringmaster
April 7th, 2005, 07:26 PM
Like Wormerwing. ;)

Err... Or me or Ringothewarrior (I think he left because the RPG of Redwall fell through) and several others. *Erases staisfy your need for spamming thread*

WarpedTower
April 7th, 2005, 08:25 PM
Yay!!!

I just finished reading taggerung. I think it is my favorite one.

Hisk
April 7th, 2005, 08:29 PM
Um...that was a tad unrelated don't you think?

shadowmoon
April 7th, 2005, 10:05 PM
a tad? :rolleyes: - jk :D
hey ringmaster? didnt ringo officially leave the forum te day i joined or was that someone else?

Rolinko
April 7th, 2005, 10:31 PM
Yeah, that was him. I remember saying something like "Alas poor Ringo, I knew him not so well."

Jodan
April 7th, 2005, 11:06 PM
I though Ringo was obnoxious. He couldn't take criticism at all, and threw a hissyfit when I said something he didn't like. Instead of dealing with it, he just ran away scared. I'm glad he's gone, if he's just going to be like that.

The Red Badger
April 8th, 2005, 12:22 AM
I though Ringo was obnoxious. He couldn't take criticism at all, and threw a hissyfit when I said something he didn't like.

Not like anyone here has ever done that. :rolleyes:

Is it so hard to follow the golden rule? If you don't have anything nice to say, keep it to yourself. Don't talk about people behind their back.

blankey_boy
April 8th, 2005, 12:25 AM
tons of new members sign up but i rarely see them ttalk. Erm i mean post. yah what ever. the point is tha why they sign up when they dun't post??? :confused:

Felldoh
April 8th, 2005, 07:55 AM
He couldn't take criticism at all, and threw a hissyfit when I said something he didn't like.

Your opinion is wrong then. Timesplitters better than Halo 2? *shakes head* I really don't know what to say. I reccomend you go to a neuroscientest, and ask him what is causing the obvious misfiring of neurons in your brain. Something has to be wrong, for you not to like Halo 2.

Not like anyone here has ever done that. :rolleyes:

I think The Red Badger may be on to something. :rolleyes: :lol:

Barkstripe
April 8th, 2005, 07:59 AM
Try not to get there in under two weeks. ;)
How long did it take me. a week or what

Jodan
April 8th, 2005, 08:12 AM
I think The Red Badger may be on to something. :rolleyes: :lol:

Halo 2 tanscends the ability to be criticized, and as a loyal acolyte of Halo 2, I'm merely trying to show you the light.

Lonna Bowstripe
April 8th, 2005, 04:37 PM
Err... Or me or Ringothewarrior (I think he left because the RPG of Redwall fell through) and several others.Err, he left because of Cinn and Reds.

*Erases staisfy your need for spamming thread* :lol:

Baby Rollo
April 8th, 2005, 04:39 PM
Halo 2 tanscends the ability to be criticized, and as a loyal acolyte of Halo 2, I'm merely trying to show you the light.

You're not that loyal if you complain about sniper rifles and energy swords.

Rolinko
April 8th, 2005, 08:15 PM
Tiptoeing back to the main topic...

Why is it that names of new members show up in the Welcome to our newest member box, but not on the member list until they answer their confirmation email or whatever?

Cheesethief
April 9th, 2005, 12:58 PM
Because they are technically a member, but the system requires them to activate their account in order for them to become fully-fledged Dibbuns.

Jodan
April 9th, 2005, 01:22 PM
You're not that loyal if you complain about sniper rifles and energy swords.

Ah, young Rollo. Trying to goad me once again, I see. Well, I'm trying to be a bit more mature these days, on this forum as well as in life, so I won't take the bait. Everyone who's read the Snipers topic knows my feelings on the energy sword and sniper rifles, and if they haven't you just reiterated them for everyone. I stand by what I said, and your vain attempts at taunting me will not sway my opinion. If it gets you your kicks to try, then more power to you.

Basils #1 fan
April 9th, 2005, 01:28 PM
I will not be on this site much,because I can't get on the computer any time in the week.

Barrag Barr
April 9th, 2005, 03:00 PM
Same here Basil, it realy annoies me, cause i love these forums

Rolinko
April 9th, 2005, 10:08 PM
Calling: Songossom (http://forums.longpatrolclub.com/member.php?u=445) - moonspot the strong (http://forums.longpatrolclub.com/member.php?u=452) - Gerbilkit (http://forums.longpatrolclub.com/member.php?u=453) - Felltooth (http://forums.longpatrolclub.com/member.php?u=454) - shadow51 (http://forums.longpatrolclub.com/member.php?u=455)

Do you come in peace... or war?

KitsuneRose
April 9th, 2005, 11:21 PM
Gah, my time has been so limited since softball started that I rarely have a chance to even get online as it is. And then I'm working on my fanfics :p Grath keeps reminding me to come visit, but I have a selective memory, heh.

Basils #1 fan
April 10th, 2005, 11:07 AM
Same here.Except I play baseball in the city league.

Hisk
April 15th, 2005, 10:52 PM
I find it odd that there is a high banning rate of new members. I mean, it seems high compared to when I first joined. If they had used the same standards of modding back then my post count would have ended in the 40s. :lol: It seems a little harsher now I geuss.

The Red Badger
April 16th, 2005, 09:48 PM
Same standard is still in place. . . and you came awfully close. :p But so have a lot of people.

There's not a higher banning rate. In fact, I'm fairly sure there's only been two in the past few months. And while some may have thought otherwise, we didn't do anything to Sebastion's account. That was more or less an argument on the theoretical.

A lot of people register accounts solely to post links to inappropriate sites. Those are the ones that get zapped from the get-go.

Just in the interest of accuracy. :cool:

Wormerwing
April 16th, 2005, 10:03 PM
Like Wormerwing. ;)

Heh, first time I looked at this thread...
Hey, (most of) my posts were legit and very meaningful. Okay, at least half!

Aleisou Swiftpounce
April 17th, 2005, 08:52 AM
I know what's going on! The new members are being banned because most of them have awful names...

and you came awfully close. :p But so have a lot of people.
Except for me, because I'm a good girl. ;)

Lonna Bowstripe
April 17th, 2005, 10:48 AM
I thought I was gonna get banned when I put html code in my sig to flip the text around, but it flipped the whole web page around wherever I posted! (I did change it as soon as I realized it, though.) The power of signatures... :redsy

Wormerwing
April 17th, 2005, 11:18 AM
Gotta tell me about that one sometime...

The Red Badger
April 17th, 2005, 04:42 PM
Except for me, because I'm a good girl. ;)

We're naturally distrustful of nice people. . . they're always up to something. . . so you were actually closest of all! Don't get cocky, missie, with all your "Hi"s and "Can't we get along"s. . . we're wise to your game! :redsy

LordTBT
April 17th, 2005, 05:36 PM
Hello Arflow!

LadyBeelze
April 19th, 2005, 08:24 PM
Welcome to TLPF Martin the Warrier, though It is slightly annoying that your name is so close to Martin the Warrior's. :p Hope you enjoy yer stay here :)

Warrier
April 19th, 2005, 08:26 PM
They probly just dident go to the link.

Felldoh
April 19th, 2005, 09:12 PM
Who? What link? :confused: Anyway, welcome mate!