PDA

View Full Version : Worst Villain?

Josiah the Warrior
April 3rd, 2005, 08:53 PM
So there have been alot of threads about the best and coolest and cruelest villains, but which ones well.....sucked? Name who you think the biggest dissapointment at the villain position was :slagar. I'm gonna go with Gulo, I dunno why, but he just wasn't a good character.

Hisk
April 3rd, 2005, 08:58 PM
I couldn't agree more. He was terrible. I prefer "civilized" and organized bad guys like the ones in mossflower to junk like him.

Josiah the Warrior
April 3rd, 2005, 09:03 PM
Yeah, you hit the nail on the head. The only way to make a uhmm, how shall I put this.... to make a stupid villain enjoyable is if he is tough and at least semi-resourceful or has some other quality. Unfortunately, Jaques made no redeeming characteristics for Gulo's "retardedness" (for lack of a better word) and thus made him boring.

Bladeswift
April 3rd, 2005, 09:06 PM
Pfft, Gulo could actually fight, making him better than over half the villains in the entire series.

Gruven was annoying, but I guess Jacques made him that way on purpose.

Sagrived Switpaw
April 3rd, 2005, 09:55 PM
I wolud have to say the Fox Wolf (can't spell his real name)
He was so under matched with finnabar.

Badrang3
April 3rd, 2005, 10:37 PM
I think Ublaz was one of the worst. He never really hindered the heroes like a good villian should, and his constant underestimating of Rasconza annoyed me.

Keyla
April 4th, 2005, 04:07 AM
I tend to count a villain as bad if he is unoriginal or undeveloped, rather than any other quality, so you can imagine it is a little harder to choose, though I have eventually chosen Damug.

Arrowtail
April 4th, 2005, 04:26 AM
Raga Bol. Simply put, he was utterly awful, with virtually no redeeming points whatsoever. At least Gulo had the unique flesh eating, despite his stupidity, but what does Raga Bol have? A hook on his hand. Ohhhh!!!!!!

Barkstripe
April 4th, 2005, 08:17 AM
the same as switpaw

Sagrived Switpaw
April 4th, 2005, 12:55 PM
Raga Bol. Simply put, he was utterly awful, with virtually no redeeming points whatsoever. At least Gulo had the unique flesh eating, despite his stupidity, but what does Raga Bol have? A hook on his hand. Ohhhh!!!!!!

Yes! He was a BIG let down for me.
It seemed like BJ was trying to bring Captan Hook form Peter Pan, Into Redwall. And I dont think it worked.

And I diden't like his death.

Cheesethief
April 4th, 2005, 01:28 PM
It seemed like BJ was trying to bring Captan Hook form Peter Pan, Into Redwall. Are you being serious?

Raga Bol was pretty awful.

This intrigues me - "Sagrived Switpaw" - what is that meant to mean?

Sagrived Switpaw
April 4th, 2005, 01:38 PM
Not to sure myself :D , I was just trying to state that the are similaritys between the two characters.
The second I read Loamhedge that little tid bit stood out to me.
And don't get me wrong I am not suggesting there is some secret link between Hook and Bol, but to me it sort of looks like Bol is a week copy of hook? Thats about it cheese? Go figure?

Cheesethief
April 4th, 2005, 02:20 PM
I'm not sure if you're asking me something...

Anyway, Raga Bol was subtly being stereotyped by Brian. The pirate having to replace his hand with a hook was probably the best bit about Raga Bol.

Sagrived Switpaw
April 4th, 2005, 02:24 PM
Raga Bol remined me of Hook.
Thats all? But I do agree that the hook was the best part of Bol.

Abbess Sinister
April 4th, 2005, 03:50 PM
Of all the bad guys Brian has introduced to us, the worst has to be Sawney Rath.

Josiah the Warrior
April 4th, 2005, 07:35 PM
Awww I'm sorry to hear you say that! I liked Sawney Rath, I think the reason some people may not like him is because he is short lived (hah). Gruven is a worse villian to name but one in that book alone

Kreeve
April 5th, 2005, 09:01 AM
I think Raga Bol is the worst because their wasn't
really a fight between him and Lonna.I like
villians like Tsarmina and Cluny.

P.S. Ferhago(the assassin),I really have to admit
that you are really active in the foreums!
Keep up the good work!

P.P.S. I liked Sawney too.

Sea Bogle
April 10th, 2005, 11:02 AM
I also think that Raga Bol was the worst. He just wasn't very origional or well developed, and he seemed so stereotypical. (I did think his green eyes were kind of an interesting characteristic though, but that's about it.) If BJ had developed his character a little more, he probably could have been a good villain.