PDA

View Full Version : Eragon the Movie

Chelki Sureshot
April 9th, 2005, 05:14 PM
The auditions are over, but no word on who got any of the parts. It's scheduled to release in 2007. Who do you think should play:
Eragon
Voice of Saphira
Brom
Murtagh
Arya
The Twins
Hrothgar
Ajihad
Nasuada
Jeod
Roran
Garrow
Angela
Orik
Durza
Anyone I've forgotten. . .
A lot of people think that Kate Beckinsale http://www.kate-beckinsale.konta.waw.pl/galerie/IMAGES/kate-beckinsale-15.jpgshould play Arya. I guess she'd be allright. Stefen Fangmeier is directing it, and Peter Buchman is writing it. I dunno anything else about it. What are your opinions? Sorry the picture is so uge, but I have no idea how to resize it.

Hisk
April 9th, 2005, 05:19 PM
My only comment: I'll wait for the DVD.

Bladeswift
April 9th, 2005, 05:24 PM
Meh, the book was only fairly decent, and most book-to-movie translations turn out pretty bad, so I think I'll pass.

t@gg :)
April 9th, 2005, 06:50 PM
I can't wait for it!

Basils #1 fan
April 10th, 2005, 11:08 AM
Wow!A movie.I havn't read the book yet.Is it any good,and what is it about?

Bladeswift
April 10th, 2005, 12:22 PM
The book is pretty much a mix of Lord of the Rings with other cliche fantasy elements thrown in it, but considering it was written by a teenager it's a decent read.

This is the summary that can be found on the book.

When Eragon finds a polished blue stone in the forest, he thinks it is the lucky discovery of a poor farm boy; perhaps it will buy his family meat for the winter. But when the stone brings a dragon hatchling, Eragon realizes he has stumbled upon a legacy nearly as old as the Empire itself. Overnight his simple life is shattered, and he is thrust into a perilous new world of destiny, magic, and power. With only an ancient sword and the advice of an old storyteller for guidance, Eragon and the fledgling dragon must navigate the dangerous terrain and dark enemies of an Empire ruled by a king whose evil knows no bounds. Can Eragon take up the mantle of the legendary Dragon Riders? The fate of the Empire may rest in his hands...

WarpedTower
April 10th, 2005, 01:42 PM
Meh, the book was only fairly decent, and most book-to-movie translations turn out pretty bad, so I think I'll pass.

You think it is "ok"? It is better than all the redwall books(my opinion).

you know the author chris or what ever he is playing a part in the movie. He will play a guy who will get his head chopped off(it's old news)

LadyBeelze
April 10th, 2005, 01:50 PM
I'll go see it but It's not something I'm really hyped up for. -.-

Lonna Bowstripe
April 10th, 2005, 03:14 PM
Yeah, Kate Beckinsale would make a good Arya. She looks just like I imangined her.

Bladeswift
April 10th, 2005, 03:29 PM
You think it is "ok"? It is better than all the redwall books(my opinion).
Yeah, because the Redwall books average out at about 350 pages, while Eragon is around 500. You got to know the characters a lot more than you do in any Redwall book. But the fact of the matter is that Eragon was nothing new or different from all the other fantasy novels out there.

Jodan
April 10th, 2005, 03:59 PM

Why are you so excited about a movie of a book you don't know anything about?

From Blade's description, the book sounds really lame.

WarpedTower
April 10th, 2005, 06:26 PM
Why are you so excited about a movie of a book you don't know anything about?

From Blade's description, the book sounds really lame.

All he said was "wow a movie" meaning he was surprised that another book is becoming a movie.

Badrang3
April 10th, 2005, 06:38 PM
I'd suggest sensoring your language if you intend on staying here.

Martin the Warrior
April 10th, 2005, 06:45 PM
Oh, that ship has sailed.

WarpedTower's account has been deactivated until further notice. I'm not going to tolerate anybody (and I do mean anybody) circumventing the filter for any reason whatsoever.

Anybody who can't take the time to read our Terms of Use (http://forums.longpatrolclub.com/faq.php?) and/or comprehend and abide by "No profanity or vulgarity or any facsimile thereof." should find someplace more suited to their tastes, because it's not here.

Chelki Sureshot
April 11th, 2005, 09:02 AM
oookkkkk. Yeah, the book is very cliche. Eragon and Arya are a lot like Aragorn and Arwen. The whole dragon rider thing is nothing new. Brom and Eragon remind me of Cairpre and Merlin, but on the whole it's a good book. Definetly worth reading.

Basils #1 fan
April 22nd, 2005, 04:48 PM
If the book is like Lord of The Rings,I might as well read the book,and see the movie.

Mariel StormRider
May 13th, 2005, 12:45 AM
The setting and the characters reminded me of Lotr. The plotline seemed extremely similar to Star Wars: A New Hope. I didn't think it was original at all, but not bad for a teenager.

Cheesethief
May 13th, 2005, 02:22 PM
Heck, I penned a full-length parody of Potter. Then The Shameless Parody came out and all hope was lost. Though to be honest, Trotter was probably better.

shadowmoon
May 18th, 2005, 05:54 PM
ever tried posting it on the internet Cheese? there can never be enough parodies in the world.
As for the movie, I'm really looking forward to it though i'd scream if they messed it up like they kinda did with Harry Potter. I love Eragon and i know ppl say it's chiche and stuff but the book is really well written

Cheesethief
May 19th, 2005, 01:42 PM
ever tried posting it on the internet Cheese? there can never be enough parodies in the world.
Unfortunately, I lost the first two chapters. There was a hasty rewrite, but then some middle chapters got lost, and I gave up. Sorry, but... Anyway, the first draft was sort of a private joke at my school. I was adapting it for the mainstream when it was lost. :(

shadowmoon
May 19th, 2005, 05:33 PM
Oh yeah that's like me. I write fantasy where most characters die or suffer very badly. I published one chapter on the internet and the people didn't like it very much even though for a class mark I got 100%. I'm writing the second chapter now but haven't really got going cuz I don't have that much time.
On to Eragon... for the people out there who read the blurb, I know it sounds extremely lame but there's a way better story inside. I was put off by the blurb as well but I borrowed it from the library about a year after it came out anbd stayed up after midnight reading it.

Orlando The Axe911
July 14th, 2005, 01:20 PM
I think every one's gotten off subject shouldn't we be saying who we think should play somebody. I think that a new actor should play Eragon I mean a new face never did anyone any harm. The voice of Saphira I don't care as long as their good! Ummmm Brom. I think Liam Neeson should he would do a great job I mean he must be getting us to being a mentor In movies! I think Ewan Mcgregor would make a good Murtagh or Viggo Mortensen. I think Hugo Weaving would make a great Druza. But I don't know about the rest of them.

Darson the Warrior
July 26th, 2005, 02:21 PM
I've read the book so know I really want to see the movie.
Also, for you people that haven't read the book, read it because it is great! :cool:

Lisluna
July 26th, 2005, 05:26 PM
*pops in to make a random, off-topic-y post*

They are making a movie out of this book? Of all books... what a waste of film. And paper, actually. I really, really don't like this book. Tons and tons of typos, boring and unoriginal plotline, lame, stereotypical, unbelievable, 2-d characters, absolutely horrrrible writing.
What's not to love? ;)
And as for what everybody says about it being good for being written by a teenager, well, I could write a few hundred pages of worthless nothing, too. Does that make it good?

Bladeswift
July 26th, 2005, 06:17 PM
*pops in to make a random, off-topic-y post*

They are making a movie out of this book? Of all books... what a waste of film. And paper, actually. I really, really don't like this book. Tons and tons of typos, boring and unoriginal plotline, lame, stereotypical, unbelievable, 2-d characters, absolutely horrrrible writing.
What's not to love? ;)
And as for what everybody says about it being good for being written by a teenager, well, I could write a few hundred pages of worthless nothing, too. Does that make it good?
Show me a book that doesn't have typos.

Boring? What exactly do you consider exciting? The entire book was nothing but action.

The reason so many people consider it average is precisely because the story is unoriginal and stereotypical.

Unbelievable? Maybe you don't understand what the fantasy genre is.

Since you mentioned it, I would like to see you write a few hundred pages of worthless nothing. Comparing your work with Paolini's would be interesting, to say the least.

Lisluna
July 26th, 2005, 10:03 PM
Oi...

Show me a book that doesn't have typos.
Almost every book has typos. I am aware of that. However, I noticed in Eragon there were quite a few more than in the usual book. Glaring errors, too. Not saying that there aren't overt typos and such in other books, too, but that is something that really stuck out to me. It was intensely annoying.

Boring? What exactly do you consider exciting? The entire book was nothing but action.
The entire book was nothing but action. Well, I believe I said the plotline was boring and unoriginal. There were some moments in the actual story that were mildly interesting, some action scenes I thought were okay. But the overall plot I did not find very interesting. Something about a kid who finds a dragon and has this old guy as a mentor, finds out he's a magic dragon rider or whatever, goes on some journey, has dreams about this beautiful captive girl, finds out the king is evil. (Forgive me, it's been several months since I read it.) And I know I made it sound even less interesting than it is, but that's the (very) basic idea, isn't it? Or close to it. It just doesn't seem very... interesting.

The reason so many people consider it average is precisely because the story is unoriginal and stereotypical.
I'm afraid I don't understand quite what you are saying.

Unbelievable? Maybe you don't understand what the fantasy genre is.
I'm sorry. When I said "lame, stereotypical, unbelievable, 2-d" and such, that was all applying to the characters. I should have made that clear. The characters are all very unbelievable. And yes, I understand quite well what the fantasy genre is, thank you. I think that characters in fantasy can be believable. Sure, I don't believe in dragons and magic and so on, but I think that even a wizard or dragon-rider can have traits that make him/her seem realistic.

Since you mentioned it, I would like to see you write a few hundred pages of worthless nothing. Comparing your work with Paolini's would be interesting, to say the least.
I would rather not, thank you. I think I can write little of any worth. But I also doubt that anything I write will be a lot worse than Paolini's.

--
Two posts in one day! *gasp*
*drifts back into lurkerdom*

{{edited for clarity}}