PDA

View Full Version : Robin

Barkstripe
April 9th, 2005, 06:13 PM
Ok. WHo watches teen titans. IF anyone does what is robins power.
WHo is your favorite character in it? wHy or why not do you like it

Martin the Warrior
April 9th, 2005, 06:31 PM
Robin has no powers; Robin needs no powers. ;) He's Batman's apprentice, physically trained to near perfection, a capable martial artist, with a keen intellect. That particular incarnation (Dick Grayson) is also a brilliant strategist.

As Deathstroke (renamed "Slade" in the cartoon) said in The Judas Contract (the arc Terra's betrayal is based on):

"Funny. Of all the Titans, the one without powers proved the hardest."

I watch the series and I enjoy it. It's not as serious as the comic, but it doesn't need to be. Sometimes you just need to have fun.

Felldoh
April 9th, 2005, 08:16 PM
Teen Titans... ick. Pretty high up on my list of shows I don't like. Oh joy... a wannabe Japanese anime show... how exciting.

Baby Rollo
April 9th, 2005, 08:18 PM
I hate Robin because he can kill anything with his stick. And he makes everyone feel bad.

Raven is hot though. She's the only reason I watch this show.

Jodan
April 9th, 2005, 11:45 PM
Raven is hot though. She's the only reason I watch this show.

You need help.

And I agree with you Felldoh. Too many shows these days are trying tap into the anime craze, such as the new Ninja Turtles, Transformers: Armada, etc.

Bladeswift
April 9th, 2005, 11:54 PM
They've got one heck of a theme song, I'll give them that much.

Baby Rollo
April 10th, 2005, 10:18 AM
And I agree with you Felldoh. Too many shows these days are trying tap into the anime craze, such as the new Ninja Turtles, Transformers: Armada, etc.

The new Ninja Turtles is actually way better than the 80's cartoon. It's a lot darker and sticks closer to the comics.

You need help.

Funny hearing something like that from a Halo fanboy.

Renegade
April 10th, 2005, 10:50 AM
It's a heck of alot better than some of the stuff I'm getting here, eg: Cyborg 009, Gransazers (something like power rangers), Power Rangers: Ninjastorm.

I find teen titans quite ok... i didn't really like it at first - it was too 'anime-ish' for me. (I've kinda lost the patience for anime - which is wierd, because i remember i used to like it quite alot). Then i watched some of it and realized that it wasn't the 'standard' anime-type cartoon with people trying to take over the world, people with identity crisis, agnst and "You have no idea what it's like!". They stopped showing it, but it wasn't bad really (it was kinda fun to watch).
My favourite character? Dunno. Maybe the cybrog guy... can't recall his name. They stopped showing Teen Titans.

Basils #1 fan
April 10th, 2005, 11:02 AM
I love Teen Titans.My favorite is definitaly Robin.

Sea Bogle
April 10th, 2005, 11:14 AM
Teen Titans started brodcasting in my area a little while ago. It's not really one of my favorite shows, but I think it's pretty good - it's better than a lot of cartoons on tv anyway. My favorite character is Raven.

Baby Rollo
April 10th, 2005, 11:38 AM
My favourite character? Dunno. Maybe the cybrog guy... can't recall his name. They stopped showing Teen Titans.

His name's Cyborg

I love Teen Titans.My favorite is definitaly Robin.

Why does everyone love Robin so much? He's way overpowered and he makes everyone cry!

Senav
April 10th, 2005, 11:44 AM
Beyond the whole "trying too hard to be anime" thing, Teen Titans actually has pretty good writing, animation, and so on. I kinda like it.
And Starfire is cool. Ditzy characters, if done well, are lotsa fun :D

Baby Rollo
April 10th, 2005, 12:01 PM
Beyond the whole "trying too hard to be anime" thing, Teen Titans actually has pretty good writing, animation, and so on. I kinda like it.

Starfire gets really annoying after a while. She's my second least favourite character next to Robin.

My favorite is obviously Raven. With Cyborg in second and Slade 3rd. Beast Boy ain't that bad as well.

Bladeswift
April 10th, 2005, 12:09 PM
Why does everyone love Robin so much? He's way overpowered and he makes everyone cry!
Maybe it's because compared to the other characters he's the least annoying? Personally I hate them all.

We have Starfire, who would obviously be a dumb blonde if she were from Earth.

Beastboy, the annoying shapeshifter who is supposed to be the comic relief, but is never funny.

Raven, who's the whiny goth chick.

Cyborg, the guy who acts like he's all that...but isn't.

That leaves Robin, who is sometimes too serious, but otherwise normal.

LadyBeelze
April 10th, 2005, 01:47 PM
Raven is my favorite character too, dark goth characters are always good. ;)

Baby Rollo
April 10th, 2005, 04:55 PM
That leaves Robin, who is sometimes too serious, but otherwise normal.

Robin the least annoying? What sort of blasphemy is this. With his beatstick of doom he can take down anything. He also betrays his own team and has a really big ego.

Felldoh
April 10th, 2005, 05:33 PM
Wow. Bladeswift summed up the characters quite well. I dislike Robin the most of them really... can't say I was ever a fan of Batman... and even less of a Robin fan. From what I've seen of the series, the least annoying character would be Terra.

Bladeswift
April 10th, 2005, 05:47 PM
Robin the least annoying? What sort of blasphemy is this. With his beatstick of doom he can take down anything. He also betrays his own team and has a really big ego.
As opposed to Starfire, who can shoot pure energy out of her hands and eyes? Or Cyborg, whose arm can convert into a cannon?

Martin the Warrior
April 10th, 2005, 06:56 PM
I think there's a tendency to overstate the "anime-wannabe" aspect of the show. For one thing it overgeneralizes anime and for another it sells the series short. Teen Titans is fun. It's not deep, it's not psychological, it's not even very faithful to the comics (except in very broad strokes). All it is is twenty-two minutes of good, ol' fashioned super-hero fun. And that's why it works.

Too many shows these days are trying tap into the anime craze, such as the new Ninja Turtles, Transformers: Armada, etc.

Technically, Transformers: Armada is anime. ;)

"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those death-mutes .....or should I? " - GITS:SAC/The Catcher in the Rye

Brief aside, but it's "deaf-mutes", not "death-mutes". ;)

LadyBeelze
April 10th, 2005, 07:01 PM
MTW
Brief aside, but it's "deaf-mutes", not "death-mutes".

LOL I should really reread what I type...

Furrtil
April 10th, 2005, 07:28 PM
I saw it once, and I liked it. It was funny, had nice animation, and it was nice that I could tell what was going on even though I had never seen the show before. Sometimes it's really hard to break into a new show. Haven't really seen it since, though. It's on at something like 3:00 or 3:30, which is a kind of awkward time. And I feel guilty when I watch too much TV. :o

Baby Rollo
April 10th, 2005, 09:16 PM
As opposed to Starfire, who can shoot pure energy out of her hands and eyes? Or Cyborg, whose arm can convert into a cannon?

Oh please, like those things ever do any real damage. Robin's beat-stick just pwns everything.

My favourite episode of the series had to be the one where the gang chases control-freak all over television. There are just sooo many references and the episode itself was so dang hilarious.