PDA

View Full Version : Favorite video game types

Baby Rollo
December 29th, 2002, 09:34 PM
Here's a poll on your favorite kind of games.

Slagar the Cruel
December 30th, 2002, 08:39 AM
Favorite type? The type that's good. :cool:

Come to think of it, that's also my favorite type of music.

Darkhood_343
December 30th, 2002, 04:03 PM
Whatever's worth playing.

Martin the Warrior
December 30th, 2002, 08:11 PM
I'm not that big a fan of blanketing a genre as "favorite". I go where the good games are. I'm far more likely to give an action-adventure or an RPG consideration than I am a fighter or FPS, but I'm hardly against the genres. So long as a game is good, I'll play it.

dandin1
December 30th, 2002, 08:55 PM
Platform games! :D Isnt that a type of game?

MoonShadow
December 31st, 2002, 04:50 PM
I like RPG games the best. Most of the video games I have are RPG. Like 3 out of 5? :p Anyway, I have more fun walking around, completing tasks, and beating opponents to increase my strength. Anyway, you can't get "stuck" as easily as in a Mario game or something, or at least I can't.

Martin the Warrior
December 31st, 2002, 07:39 PM
And here I always thought Mario games were more "player-friendly" than RPGs. ;)

MoonShadow
December 31st, 2002, 08:01 PM
Well, for the original mario game for the "ancient" Nitendo (I think its original... not sure though...), I have the Gameboy version of it. I've basically beaten the whole "obvious" game with the challenge levels and beating the "original" game, but I was stuck on level 8-4 for what some peole I know called the "lost levels". And there's still supposed to be another set of "lost levels" and its like: ... How am I going to get past that? Well, at least I got that far....

Well, the first video game I got was a RPG game, but as many people who had the red or blue version of the Pokemon game, I cheated in multiplying items. So it was relatively easy after you multiplied all of your rare candies and fed them to your pokemon, making them level 100s very quickly. Yeah.... But then, I also had strategy guides for most of the RPG games....

Darkhood_343
December 31st, 2002, 09:36 PM
Moon-moon
And there's still supposed to be another set of "lost levels" and its like: ... How am I going to get past that? Well, at least I got that far....
Don't games like that kill you?

dandin1
January 1st, 2003, 10:09 AM
well, I have the classic mario game, with duck hunt on it too... I got stuck I world 8 too....

Martin the Warrior
January 1st, 2003, 04:36 PM
It's a shame that we never saw more light-gun games. Duck Hunt remains a classic.

Russus Robur
January 1st, 2003, 06:35 PM
The only videos games that I play are any of the Flight Simulator and Disney Trivia that I have on my PC. I have not found many games I like that are offered by Play Stations or the Game Cube

Lord Servone
January 1st, 2003, 11:58 PM
Martin: It's a shame that we never saw more light-gun games. Duck Hunt remains a classic.

Actually, there was another game that the light gun was useable with...one of my favorite games of all time, Wild Gun Men... it was a game where you had shoot outs with various desperados and outlaws... one of my favorites for the old NES...
But still, I agree it is such a shame that games with the gun were so sparse...

Martin the Warrior
January 2nd, 2003, 03:40 PM
Really? Interesting. I've never heard of the game-- Duck Hunt and Hogan's Alley were the only two zapper games I was aware of.

At least the Power Pad got more use.

Lord Sarkin
January 3rd, 2003, 02:14 AM
I am a all around gamer or what ever game is good in the sad world.And Russus there are many types of good games for Gamecube.

Russus Robur
January 4th, 2003, 05:40 PM
Lord Sarkin
Thanks for the info, I will check on them the next time I get to Columbus or some other large city that has some large stores. Where I live the largest city that would carry a good selection of games is over an hour away. That is one thing that stinks when you move to a small town. You have to travel a ways to get to some really good stores or to see a good movie.