PDA

View Full Version : HIstory of Loamhedge

Barkstripe
April 19th, 2005, 09:13 AM
WHat was Loamhedge before the sickness came. How did it come about. THis is my version of what i think. IT will be here in a bit

LordTBT
April 19th, 2005, 01:53 PM
That's what I thought maybe Loamhedge would have dug into

Josiah the Warrior
April 19th, 2005, 03:12 PM
Loamhedge used to be an Abbey, one as large and beautiful as Redwall until the great sickness came(probably the plague or "dryditch fever"). Not much more detail is given than that.

Barkstripe
April 19th, 2005, 07:31 PM
I know. I'm jsut making up what i think.

Warrier
April 19th, 2005, 08:06 PM
good thing that there was the sickness or else thered be no redwall

Mackinsie
April 21st, 2005, 11:27 AM
Thread moved to main Writer's Block from Fan Fiction.

Unless your thread contains a story, it does not belong in the Fan Fiction forum.

The Red Badger
May 26th, 2005, 06:24 PM
Thread moved back upon the request of the author, who now has the story ready.

In the future, refrain from creating threads until the story is ready to go. Placeholder threads are pointless and take up space.

Barkstripe
May 27th, 2005, 07:41 AM
Sorry Badger dude.

HEre is the first tale

Mattio the warrior was the leader of a band of peaceful creatures. They lived in the church of Saint Ninians. For many seasons the creatures had lived there, but recently they had been under attack a lot and Mattio and the elders had decided that they should leave their beloved home. Mattio knew of a place where they could build an abbey but to get there they had to travel across a small desert, up a cliff, and across a baron land that had many dangers. Today was the day that many of the creatures had hoped would never come. They were leaving. They left early in the morning with nothing packed except the essentials. By nighttime they were halfway to the cliffs. They camped in an open area. Mattio had made a mistake. He didn’t set up a guard.
Completely hidden by dust covered mats there was a small tribe of miniature rats. The only way that they knew how to communicate was by hand signals. No one other then themselves had ever seen them. They blended in with their surroundings and they moved swiftly. They had never killed a beast. All that they did was steal. That is what they were planning to do right now.
Mattio awoke in the middle of night to realize that they were being attacked. He yelled out the war cry of Guoraf shrews, “Logalogalogalog.” Suddenly the camp became awake. Out of the tree’s came what looked like small mice with rapiers. They were fierce fighters and they left no prisoners. They had split up into groups of 6 and together the group would charge at the rats. Quickly most of the rats surrendered since they had no real weapons other than stone knives.
Log-a-Log and Mattio had long been friends. Mattio explained to Log-a-Log what they were doing this far from Saint Ninians. Log-a-log and the rest of the Guoraf shrews agreed to help Mattio and the animals if there would be room in the new abbey for them in the Abbey. Mattio said that the help would be greatly appreciated and that there would be room in the abbey for them. They slept the rest of the night taking turns being guards. Early in the morning they left but instead of walking they went in the logboats that the Guoraf shrews had. By night they were at the cliffs. They set up guard and they all slept soundly on the boats.
Mattio couldn’t sleep. He was wondering how he was going to get such a large group up. Log-a-log knew what Mattio was thinking. He too couldn’t sleep. He quitly walked over to Mattio and showed him a very thick and long rope. Log-a log told Mattio that it had been passed on throughout his family for generations and that this was the time to use it. After that Mattio slept through the rest of the night. In the morning Mattio went up to a strong black squirrel named Kakakio. She was a strong squirrel and had been raised up among weapons. Mattio asked the squirrel to climb up the cliff and tie the rope to a tree or rock. The squirrel agreed and almost right away she went up the cliff with the rope. When she got to the top she quickly tied the rope to a tree tugged it very hard to make sure it was tight and than she let it down of the cliff. Kakakio started hearing sounds. She turned around and saw a tribe of about a score of rats. Her eyes filled with bloodwrath she charged at them yelling the war cry of hares and badgers, “EULALIAAAAAAAAAA.” Mattio had heard the cry and started climbing up the rope with amazing speed. Once he was up on the cliff he grabbed his sword out of his scabbard and charged into the rats along with Kakakio. Together they killed off the rats but Kakakio was badly injured. One of the shrew doctors was climbing up the rope already. He quickly ran to the squirrel and started caring for here. Mattio asked if the squirrel would live and the shrew doctor said that it was quite possible for here to live. Then he climbed down the rope to help the other animals up the rope. When he was down the rope he realized something. There would probably be more rats up on the cliff. He quickly climbed back up the rope but he was surprised at what he saw. There was a group of hedgehogs talking to the shrew doctor. He yelled down to the rest of his group to come up quickly. After that he went over to talk to the hedgehogs. The leader of the Hedgehogs was fearsome looking. He was covered in tattoos and held a massive mace. Mattio told the leader of the hedgehogs where they were going and what they wanted to do when they got there. The hedgehog leader said that he thought that he and his group of animals were crazy. He also said that he would help them on their trip. By mid afternoon they were gone but Kakakio had to be carried in a stretcher made from two tree lbranches and a piece of cloth. About an hour before the sun set they set camp in a flat area. Again they set up guard and the rest of the animals fell asleep. Mattio knew that in a day they will have reached the place they were looking for. Early in the morning Mattio woke the cooks up and asked them to make a special breakfast feast in honour of the shrews and hedgehogs that were helping them on their journey. They went to work creating a feast that would be remembered through the ages. The hedgehogs, shrews, and other animals woke with heaping trays of the best food in all the land right beside them. They eat with great speed and very soon they were thanking all the cooks for the delicious food. Mattio let the group wait until after lunch to stat moving. Before they left Mattio told them to stick with the group because this was a very dangerous part of the country. The hedgehogs gave each of the animals a slingshot and a small pouch of rocks. Then they left at double speed. They kept up at this speed until late afternoon. Mattio called a small rest and in about 20 minutes they left again. By the time the sun was set all of the animals in the large group stood in awe at the breathtaking seen that stood before them. The sun was setting but its rays showed a massive heap of shiny limestone. Mattio said loudly, “We have made it at last.”

Basils #1 fan
May 27th, 2005, 11:57 AM
Great job Barkstripe.I love it! ;)

Storm Swiftblade
May 29th, 2005, 05:27 PM
That's very good! You have couple spelling and grammar errors, and I know it doesn't matter, but I love editing things! "quitly" would be spelled "quietly" ,branches doesn't need and "l" at the begining, and "stat"= start. You're repetitive on the strength of Kakakio. I'm not being mean, and I'm sure you already know these things, but editing is so fun! Great start! I can't wait to hear the rest. :)