PDA

View Full Version : Help!

Darkhood_343
January 4th, 2003, 02:31 PM
Help! My friend has have 330$ and he doesn'y know what to spend it on! Please vote. I've allowed multiple choice.

Slagar the Cruel
January 4th, 2003, 04:15 PM
That's a choice only he can make. he can make.

;)

Cale Yin
January 5th, 2003, 01:26 PM
lol...

Palm Pilot, because real people ... Real people... um. Never mind!

Baby Rollo
January 5th, 2003, 01:57 PM
I'd say a PS2. You can enjoy PS games as well as PS2 games. Palm Pilots are pretty useless and X-Box has few great games.

LadyBeelze
January 5th, 2003, 02:04 PM
go for the ps2!

The Red Badger
January 5th, 2003, 03:23 PM
Put it in the bank.

dandin1
January 5th, 2003, 03:34 PM
Where's the "none of the above'' choice?
The bank would be the best place... make a few cents of interest on it...:p

Slagar the Cruel
January 5th, 2003, 03:58 PM
Better yet, buy government bonds...

*becomes black and white*

BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT GIVING - JUST LENDING - WHEN YOU BUY GOVERNMENT BONDS!

;)

VanessaNB
January 5th, 2003, 04:37 PM
I'd save it for a greater cause. Like your dog's expensive diet food;)
Bah, it's worth it! Save it I tell ye!

Lord Servone
January 5th, 2003, 05:09 PM
tell him to buy a new hat...so he can stroll around and say "Look at me! I've got a new hat!"
No?

Darkhood_343
January 5th, 2003, 07:57 PM
I guess it's unanimous (worst word in the world to spell). PS2 sounds like the best choice according to you guys...

Reds
Put it in the bank.
We disscussed that... but the only reasoon he has 330$ is because that was his christmas present.

Baby Rollo
January 6th, 2003, 07:03 PM
He can invest the money in the stock market. It's a cruel game, but the rewards are great if you're lucky. Or your friend can just buy a lot of lottery tickets. Or he can bet on horses or football games.

Martin the Warrior
January 11th, 2003, 09:48 PM
Darkhood
We disscussed that... but the only reasoon he has 330$ is because that was his christmas present.

That's a reason to not-save it? ;)

Consider this: Were the money put into a bank, then he wouldn't have to wait for a stroke of luck on a holiday before he had money.

Darkhood_343
January 13th, 2003, 05:34 PM
Martin
Consider this: Were the money put into a bank, then he wouldn't have to wait for a stroke of luck on a holiday before he had money.
*Considers it* Ya know, your right. Like always.

Baby Rollo
January 13th, 2003, 07:24 PM
*Considers it* Ya know, your right. Like always.

You can't assume that everything Martin says is correct. No offense Martin. People make mistakes all the timem. I remember saying that Iraq was our ally back in the old political discussion thread(I got confused with Saudi Arabia).

Your friend should put half of the money in the bank. The other half should be spent on horse-racing and other forms of legal gambling. Watch as your friend's money grows--then watch as it plummets like Eddie Murphy's career.

Mackinsie
January 14th, 2003, 12:15 PM
You can't assume that everything Martin says is correct. No offense Martin. People make mistakes all the timem.

Martin made a mistake?!?! :eek: Where? When? I need to write this down...

Seriously, though, where's the wrong in putting it in the bank? You put the money in the bank, the bank pays you interest, you end up with more money. :D

The other half should be spent on horse-racing and other forms of legal gambling

What does a little dibbun know about gambling? Have you been sneaking out of the Abbey again?

BTW, it's only legal gambling if you're of legal age.

Cale Yin
January 14th, 2003, 04:26 PM
No offense to anyone who enjoys or believes in the potential gain and luck of gambling and all, but to me, gambling is incredibly... unnecessary. Completely and without a doubt. I wouldn't even waste my (disliked) penny on gambling. If I lost it, the other one in my wallet would get lonely... :p

I say donate $20 to an animal shelter. But that's just me.
[subliminal message]Poor, innocent, defenseless, starving, mistreated, bootiful animals...[/sub mes]

Baby Rollo
January 14th, 2003, 05:52 PM
The money should go to gambling. It's the quickest way to get a lot of money. There is also some sort of mathemtical code to get the numbers on the roullete wheel right all the time. As long as your friend has connections, he'll do fine Darkhood.

Martin the Warrior
January 15th, 2003, 12:33 PM
Rollo
You can't assume that everything Martin says is correct. No offense Martin. People make mistakes all the timem. I remember saying that Iraq was our ally back in the old political discussion thread(I got confused with Saudi Arabia).

I've never said anyone should blindly take what I say as "correct", Rollo. Everything should be judged on its own merits-- which means, while you shouldn't automatically assume something is correct because I say it, neither should you discount it with the flimsy reasoning that "he can't be right all the time".

Now, I suggest you reread Darkhood's post. He didn't "assume" anything-- he considered what I said and, basically, said he thought my reasoning was sound (which it is). The only one doing any assuming is you. ;)

Baby Rollo
January 15th, 2003, 02:08 PM
Okay then. Back to Darkhood's friend's money.

Money is a precious thing. It drives people to work and it gets you a lot of nice things. Your friend has to spend his money wisely. Your friend could just put the money in the bank and wait 50 years for it to reach a thousand dollars. Or your friend can invest the money in stocks. Stocks are a faster way of getting money. However, the fastest way to get money is gambling. Your friend can bet all his money on a horse. Or he can use a few dollars at a time. See which horse wins the most. Football games are easier. You have a 50 percent chance of getting the team right. Make sure you do your homework though. See which team won the most games and their strategies and whatnot.

The Red Badger
January 17th, 2003, 11:16 PM
However, the fastest way to get money is gambling.

That's also the fastest way to LOSE money. :cool:

Baby Rollo
January 18th, 2003, 12:23 PM
That's the risk that you have to take. Plus, a big loss like that might make somene have a life-changing experience.

MoonShadow
January 18th, 2003, 08:03 PM
Maki nu nu! (Had to say that.) Anyway, if you're friend doesn't mind putting the money into the bank, then I would also say that's the best choice.

As for stocks, it's mostly a matter of luck. Believe me, playing the stock market game in fourth and fifth grade wasn't easy, though I really didn't take much part in it.... ^.^* Well, all I know is that all of us lost LOTS of money, though I only remember what happened in 5th grade, and basically all of our stocks went done, except for Dell.... If you're good at playing with stocks for some reason, then you have an extraordinary gift bestowed upon you. :p

As for gambling... I gambled over the summer. :eek: No, not with real money, just with tokens. Great way to lose lots and lots of tokens. Especially in playing this particular game whose name is a naughty word.... It's all in chance. True, those spinny things have a mathematical formula thing in choosing the numbers, or at least the one at our camp did, and some people actually did figure it out, and got a lot of money as a result. But don't let that encourage you to gamble.

LadyBeelze
January 19th, 2003, 04:33 PM
i wouldn't gamble...with most peoples luck you'll end up loosing more than you started out with in the first place. I've promised myself i'll never gamble with money in my whole life (wether that happens i don't know :/)

Darkhood_343
January 20th, 2003, 03:34 PM
You can't assume that everything Martin says is correct.
Mild Sarcasm when I said that Rollo, what I meant was, Martin's a smart guy, he knows what hes talking about. And as for gambiling, he's 14.:cool:

Baby Rollo
January 20th, 2003, 03:40 PM
14 is old enough Darkhood. Old enough to convince police at a first glance. Just make sure your friend watches his back.

Darkhood_343
January 20th, 2003, 03:48 PM
He may be crazy, but not THAT crazy.

Mackinsie
January 20th, 2003, 11:45 PM
14 is old enough to...

drive! (no...wait...that's not right...)

vote! (nope...not that either...)

drink! (no...no...no...)

gamble! (nope...)

:confused: Q. What can a fourteen year old do with $330.00 (legally)?

:) A. Put it in the bank or spend it.