PDA

View Full Version : surgery

t@gg :)
May 26th, 2005, 05:17 PM
sorry i cant spel well i jst hadd surgery I have a hernia they fixed it i really hurts were they made cuts and im relly dizzy and can't walk by my self

Cale Yin
May 26th, 2005, 05:19 PM
*~*

Ouch... I know how that feels (sorta), I had my appendix taken out in 3rd grade. I hope it heals fast and without infection! :)

Furrtil
May 26th, 2005, 05:33 PM
Holy macaroni, man. I hope you get better... That's horrible that you had a hernia, but at least they were able to fix it. Hernias are nasty, you don't want them hanging around for long. My anatomy teacher made us look at several pictures of hernias... What is quite amazing is the technique they use to regrow the organ walls - they put in some sort of biodegrable material lined with epithelial cells, so the lining grows back, but the material disintegrates, leaving you healed!

At any rate, get some rest, take it easy. Make sure to eat well and don't push yourself. Get better soon!

PiarasJ
May 26th, 2005, 06:02 PM
Ouch, I hope it heals up quickly. We appreciate the painful struggle you made to get to the computer to let us know about this. ;) I have a hernia, somewhere in my middle, on the left, but the doctor gave me the option of surgery and I didn't think it was worth it unless it got really bad. Most of the time I don't notice it.

Did you have gas, or a needle? The gas tastes nasty. When I was seven I had general anaesthetic and it made me hallucinate. I was floating around in blackness and all these massive ugly claws were reaching out and grabbing me. Every time I struggled free from one of them another caught me...then I woke up for a second and found I was sideways on the operating table and the doctors were trying to straighten me up.

Nora the Rover
May 26th, 2005, 06:05 PM
Ow, jeez. I know exactly how you feel! I've had five surgeries during my life - four of them for those nasty cysts which are finally healing up, and the fifth for a hernia I had when I was seven. I couldn't walk very well for about a week, and it hurt like heck! I was constantly worrying I was going to burst the stitches open.
Get a lot of rest, and hope there's a lot of good stuff on tv after you've run out of movies and DVD's. I hope you feel much better, and I wish you speedy healing!!! Anesthesia and IV's really bite, eh?

Jodan
May 26th, 2005, 06:09 PM
What exactly is a hernia, how does it form, etc etc?

Bladeswift
May 26th, 2005, 06:18 PM
Google to the rescue!

A hernia (pronounced: hur-nee-uh) is an opening or weakness in the wall of a muscle, tissue, or membrane that normally holds an organ in place. If the opening or weakness is large enough, a portion of the organ may be able to poke through the hole. Imagine an inner tube poking through a hole in an old tire - that's what a hernia is like.

Here are some types of strain on the body that may induce hernias:

obesity or sudden weight gain
lifting heavy objects
diarrhea or constipation
persistent coughing or sneezing
pregnancy

Cale Yin
May 26th, 2005, 06:50 PM
Also, males are more prone to hernias than females, because females have the superstrong abdominal muscles (for giving birth). Most of the hernias I've heard of were in the intestines. When I went to summer camp in 5th grade, there was this girl in 1st grade who had a hernia. She was SO tiny, I had no idea at the time how it could've happened to her.

LordTBT
May 26th, 2005, 07:18 PM
Try to avoid posting on messageboards when high on vicodin ;)

Surely you know what your doctor is checking for when you get a physical right?

Felldoh
May 26th, 2005, 08:08 PM
That sucks... I was thought to have one awhile ago, but after awhile they found out that it was something else... something a bit more... unpleasant. Trust me, don't ask. :p

Mackinsie
May 26th, 2005, 08:45 PM
Hope you have a very speedy recovery! :)

Cinnabarr Rivershell
May 26th, 2005, 09:08 PM
Danga! Dude, I hope you feel better soon. Lots of rest, and lots of orange juice. *whispers* Orange juice helps speed up recovery. ;)

Sagrived Switpaw
May 26th, 2005, 09:20 PM
Get better! I had surgry in feb for my torn subscapularis. (guess that one)
Any way get better soon, I know the feeling.

Renegade
May 26th, 2005, 10:48 PM
Get well soon, t@gg !

t@gg :)
May 27th, 2005, 05:59 AM
Ouch, I hope it heals up quickly. We appreciate the painful struggle you made to get to the computer to let us know about this. ;) I have a hernia, somewhere in my middle, on the left, but the doctor gave me the option of surgery and I didn't think it was worth it unless it got really bad. Most of the time I don't notice it.

Did you have gas, or a needle? The gas tastes nasty. When I was seven I had general anaesthetic and it made me hallucinate. I was floating around in blackness and all these massive ugly claws were reaching out and grabbing me. Every time I struggled free from one of them another caught me...then I woke up for a second and found I was sideways on the operating table and the doctors were trying to straighten me up.
They gave me the needle, but i had laughing gas wile they put it in.

Martin the Warrior
May 27th, 2005, 03:09 PM
Hope you're back to full-health in no time, t@gg! :)

LadyBeelze
May 29th, 2005, 11:27 AM
Get better soon T@gg :)

..Muffin? *hands you a basket of muffins* :p

Clecky
May 29th, 2005, 01:34 PM
i say, tagg, make a fast recovery!