PDA

View Full Version : napoleon dynamite?

stoatmaster54321
June 16th, 2005, 07:24 PM
who liked napoleon dynamite?it was top voted movie of 2005

Josiah the Warrior
June 16th, 2005, 08:11 PM
Do you mean best film of 2004? I only saw a few minutes of it, and it wasn't that spectacular.

stoatmaster54321
June 16th, 2005, 08:15 PM
i mean the funny parts

Jodan
June 16th, 2005, 08:22 PM
It's pretty funny, but people over-quote it, and it gets less funny. I have it on DVD, but haven't watched it in a while for that reason.

dandin1
June 16th, 2005, 08:41 PM
I've never seem that movie, but the school election was a week ago and you saw alot of sings say things like "Éric is friend with Pedro, vote for him", "Screw pedro, vote Gealen", "All I know is that if you vote for me I'll make you dreams come true."

Folgrimeo
June 16th, 2005, 08:53 PM
I liked the movie, for me the humor was more in watching Napoleon perform every nerd cliche imaginable and earn the award for Best Nerd Ever (he certainly looked the part), as well as his dance at the end. But after seeing it two or three times, it started to get old. Doesn't mean I'm tired of the catchphrases though.

Wonder if I'm the only one who didn't like the opening credits, since I could hardly make out the names on the objects and it seemed to go on forever.

stoatmaster54321
June 16th, 2005, 09:25 PM
why arent you saying"it was awesome?"

Folgrimeo
June 16th, 2005, 09:29 PM
It was awesome the first time, but it got old after that. Meanwhile Shrek 1 and 2 seem to be funny each time I see it (I'd swear for the first one that the creators looked into my head to find out what I found funny and tailored a movie around that). Napoleon's not my favorite comedy, but I will fondly remember it for having the best nerd character in a movie.

LoritheQuestor
June 16th, 2005, 11:29 PM
Wonder if I'm the only one who didn't like the opening credits, since I could hardly make out the names on the objects and it seemed to go on forever.

I also didn't like the opening credits for the same reason. I thought that Napoleon Dynamite was OK, but not the best movie ever.

LordTBT
June 17th, 2005, 01:37 AM
I liked the credits.

Barkstripe
June 17th, 2005, 10:57 AM
why arent you saying"it was awesome?"
Maybe he didn't think it was awesome. Also. I thought it was good.

LadyBeelze
June 17th, 2005, 11:04 AM
I haven't seen it yet, me and my friends were going to watch it the other day but settled for Superstar instead. Looks incredibly dumb, I want to see it.. :p

Kratos
June 17th, 2005, 11:54 AM
It IS incredibly dumb,but I loved it.The only problem is when people over-quote it,because they usually have bad delivery.It's all in the delivery....

Cheesethief
June 17th, 2005, 12:57 PM
What is it with newbies and threads on Napoleon Dynamite?

From what I've seen, it looks bad. Baaad.

stoatmaster54321
June 17th, 2005, 01:55 PM
I liked the credits.
i did too. ;)

Cale Yin
June 18th, 2005, 03:27 PM
I know a guy that can do the best imitation of Pedro. It's great.
I didn't get ND much the first time but then I watched it again and it was funny all of a sudden.

Orlando The Axe911
July 26th, 2005, 08:48 PM
This was the dumbest movie I have ever seen awful sooooooooo stupid! Who wants to watch a movie like this. I mean I am a teen and hated it. But yet I must endure the stupid quotes from my friends.

Darson the Warrior
July 26th, 2005, 08:57 PM
It was O.K. From my perspective though it was pretty corny. Ther was pretty much no point in it. It's just a weird nerdy guy, that is weird. I mean seriously, what's the point of it.

Orlando The Axe911
July 26th, 2005, 09:22 PM
I'm grabbing my shot gun to take on the creators of this movie. Wait no my axe! :lol:

Lisluna
July 26th, 2005, 10:16 PM
...I thought it was funny. It's so ridiculous, silly, pointless... those very things make it a fantastic little break from your normal life. Don't take it so seriously. Otherwise... well, of course you'll hate it. :)

Orlando The Axe911
July 27th, 2005, 06:27 AM
...I thought it was funny. It's so ridiculous, silly, pointless... those very things make it a fantastic little break from your normal life. Don't take it so seriously. Otherwise... well, of course you'll hate it. :)
What are you talking about? Are you talking about me I hate becasue there is no point to it!

Lisluna
July 27th, 2005, 08:55 AM
What are you talking about? Are you talking about me I hate becasue there is no point to it!

Well... not really, I was just talking. I meant 'you' as in, well, anyone. In general. You know?

The movie's point was to entertain, like every other movie. It didn't exactly have a plot, of course, but I found it quite clever and entertaining anyway. It is not necessary for every single thing in life to have a 'point'.

Lonna Bowstripe
July 27th, 2005, 10:15 AM
It's wrecked by the quoting.

Darson the Warrior
July 27th, 2005, 12:36 PM
My parents also agreed it was a little crazy and pointless.

Orlando The Axe911
July 27th, 2005, 12:40 PM
My parents also agreed it was a little crazy and pointless. A little crazy and pointless I think it was more then that!

Chosha
July 27th, 2005, 04:19 PM
It's pretty funny, but people over-quote it, and it gets less funny.

The movie's point was to entertain, like every other movie. It didn't exactly have a plot, of course, but I found it quite clever and entertaining anyway. It is not necessary for every single thing in life to have a 'point'.

Ditto.

ND was OK. I liked the Happy Hands Club part, though.

Orlando The Axe911
July 27th, 2005, 08:35 PM
Don't vote for Pedro I did and my wildest dreams didn't come true. Don't vote for summer. You know what don't watch this stupid movie.

Darson the Warrior
July 27th, 2005, 08:38 PM
I already did. I hated it. :eek:

Tideshaw
July 28th, 2005, 01:32 PM
1. The credits were original.
2. Overquoting is a nuisance.
3. There aren't any actual jokes (like the chicken/road type) - the characters actions and reactions are what make it funny. It's not conventional comedy, so some people don't get it, but I LOVED IT!!!!!

Darson the Warrior
July 28th, 2005, 01:48 PM
Didn't they use a vidoe tape to make it?

Orlando The Axe911
July 29th, 2005, 03:34 PM
What!? I have never heard the theroy did they use a video tape to film it. I don't think they did darson. I think that every one should vote for Tropical Lemon toothpaste!

arventhedibbun
August 8th, 2005, 05:10 PM
I loved it.It was so funny. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: