PDA

View Full Version : Song Selection

Sagrived Switpaw
June 27th, 2005, 10:48 PM
So plain and simple, wich song in a jacques book is above average, or in other words the best?

I would have to choose the opening lines in Rackkty Tam. You know "The Drums are beating braw." And your's is?

Folgrimeo
June 28th, 2005, 12:32 AM
I liked the songs that Rose and Brome sung in Martin the Warrior. And Columbine's song to get Gonflet to go to sleep (some point before Martin and company returned to Redwall) near the end of The Legend of Luke. And I suppose Bobble-O from Martin the Warrior, it just sounds like it'd be a song interesting to hear actually played.

But by far my favorite song from the series is when Rose sings her song about Noonvale (I believe it's the one that makes the bees stop stinging Martin and the mole), same song which is on the Redwall.tv media page video clip of the ending to the third season (where Rose's song of Noonvale is played over clips of Martin saying farewell to company and leaving). Of course, hearing in the book that she had possibly the greatest voice in the universe probably made me think the voice I ended up hearing in the song was better than it actually was, but it turned out to be a calm song with good lyrics that I think was wonderful. And so I was really surprised to see that the song was played over the ending to the third series, I can't think of any possible better ending. Really smart to have that song played at the end, made the song more beautiful with its significance. "And come back to Noonvale again..." Besides, I'm a sucker for music that echoes.

And to prove it wasn't hearing the Noonvale song from the ending to the TV show adaptation that contributed entirely to me choosing that song as my favorite from the series, I enjoyed Rose's first song in Martin the Warrior which was also about Noonvale. The way she described it made me really interested in reading about it, it sounded like a paradise in a deep secluded forest (I like forests). I haven't read about any other place in the series that sounded as appealing as Noonvale (except the Tall Rocks in Legend of Luke because seeing the Arfship wedged between the two rocks was just too cool and mysterious). And yet at the same time perhaps respect its mysterious nature, not wanting to disturb it.

rowanoak
June 29th, 2005, 07:11 AM
I agree with you Folgirmeo, my favorite song is "Rose's Noonvale Song." Lindsey Connel sang that song very beautifully on the TV show, and that made it my favorite.

Warrier
June 29th, 2005, 08:11 AM
ill also have to agree

Sandstripe the Wild
July 6th, 2005, 06:57 PM
Personally I like all the songs in Rakkety Tam, especially the Ballad of Rakkety Tam aka 'The Drums Are Beating Braw' as well as Gulo's theme song and one that Doogie Plum sings to Tam in the beginning of the book. Though I did like that song Pallum sang in Martin the Warrior, I forget the name though.