PDA

View Full Version : Terrible News

Airemia
January 22nd, 2003, 04:27 PM
A girl at my high school killed herself last night. I don't go to that high school, I go to an alternative high school, but I'm still technically a student there, so I didn't know about it 'till a few minutes ago. My friend's MSN screen name was: I have never in my life heard people shut up that quickly. Riverside will never be the same.

I tried to ask her what happened, but she logged off. I called my other friend, and she told me this:

They were sitting in class in first period, when the principal came over the overcom and said, "Teachers, please keep your students in first period for a while." Then a letter came around. The teacher started reading it, and started crying. Then she told the students what had happened. The bell rang, and all 2000 students were out in the halls. Now usually it's so loud between classes that you can't hear yourself think. But it was apparently totally silent, except for people crying.

She was a grade ten student, and her name was Stephanie. I didn't know her, but I feel just awful. :(

Martin the Warrior
January 22nd, 2003, 04:30 PM
I'm very sorry to hear that, Airemia. Horrible news. I hope everyone is holding up okay.

Lady Terra
January 22nd, 2003, 05:44 PM
That's horrible Airemia. I'm sorry to hear that. :(

The Red Badger
January 22nd, 2003, 07:34 PM
My condolences to all involved.

MoonShadow
January 22nd, 2003, 08:22 PM
That's terrible. :( A guy from our school last year died of brain cancer as well, so I know how you feel.

Baby Rollo
January 22nd, 2003, 09:04 PM
That is terrible news. When I first saw this thread, I didn't know how serious it was. I hope the girl's family will do okay.

Lyrian Aryns
January 22nd, 2003, 09:09 PM
That's awful. Three years ago a girl from my school committed suicide as well. I didn't know her, either, but it was quite a sad time for everyone. :(

Gabool the Wild
January 22nd, 2003, 09:15 PM
Oh my gosh! I've never known anybody who comitted suicide but I can still imagine that it's very scary, and sad. I'm very sorry.

Pawflash
January 22nd, 2003, 11:26 PM
That is quite sad. I know how it feels, my uncle committed suicide just a few years ago.

Slagar the Cruel
January 22nd, 2003, 11:43 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that... those involved have my condolences as well. :(

Mackinsie
January 23rd, 2003, 12:02 PM
I'm sorry to hear that. My condolences to her friends and family.

VanessaNB
January 23rd, 2003, 06:24 PM
That's sad..We've recently had people who drowned while lobstering, and I knew one of them when I was about 5. I know you didn't know her but...
Call it morbid curiosity, and feel free to growl at me, but did anyone know why she did it?

LadyBeelze
January 23rd, 2003, 06:37 PM
Thats Awful! My condolences to her friends and family :( Sucide, why would someone do that?

Russus Robur
January 23rd, 2003, 07:41 PM
Iím sorry to hear that, my condolences to her family and friends. My family knows what the girls family is going through. My cousin who I was close to took his life a few years back. It still hurts me today when I do thing that we did together.

Baby Rollo
January 23rd, 2003, 07:42 PM
This is out of morbid curiosity as well and some people may find this disrespectful but: How did the girl kill herself? I'll understand if you don't want to answer. Or if people think I'm a sick little baby bankvole. I'm just interested in these sort of things.

Rawson
January 23rd, 2003, 09:05 PM
in early december, three houses burned down, all on the same block, everybody inside died, including a very good friend of mine.
It was skocking news, even more so because I knew the people.

Airemia
January 23rd, 2003, 09:41 PM
It's all right, everyone, I don't mind talking about it. I think talking about it sometimes makes it feel a bit better. If you're disturbed by this stuff, though, you shouldn't read this...

She killed herself by taking pills. She did it for several reasons that I don't know, but one of them was that she thought she could never compete with her older sister, and another was that her boyfriend thought she was cheating on him and called her some very cruel names, and told her that she didn't deserve to live.

They've turned her locker into a memorial thing, so I'm going over there after school tomorrow, to write something on it. They're giving it to the family. I'm also going to donate to the library fund in honour of her.

I read her memorial in the newspaper, and I started crying. She seemed so much like me. She was an avid reader, and she wanted to be a writer. One of her biggest accomplishments was winning for public speaking in elementary school. Exactly like me. I just wish I could have known her.

Treerose
January 23rd, 2003, 09:45 PM
I'm so sorry, Airemia. That's really awful. I hope you all are doing okay.

Tree

~~~~

"No one feels another's grief, no one can understand another's joy. People imagine that they can reach one another. In reality, they only pass each other by."

~Franz Schubert (ever depressed..)~

Furrtil
January 23rd, 2003, 10:12 PM
That's really awful. Suicide is giving up, for where there is life there is hope. I feel really bad, and hope that she's happy wherever she is. Suicide is really scary. I knew a Redwall RPGer that I had to help convince not to commit suicide. Thankfully, he's a lot happier now than he was.

Life is much nicer when you're living.

Always,
~Furrtil

LadyBeelze
January 24th, 2003, 04:32 PM
How Sad..:( I bet everyone gets a time in their life when they're really depressed, some just think theres nothing to live for and kill themselves i guess

Darkhood_343
January 24th, 2003, 08:54 PM
That's sad. Suicide. Man...

Glenner
January 25th, 2003, 01:56 PM
Thats terrible..So many suicides going on today..:(
I can only hope I'll never be faced with the pain of losing someone close to suicide...
I stand by what Furrtil said..wheres theres life theres hope.

MoonShadow
January 25th, 2003, 08:53 PM
That's awful on why she committed suicide...

VanessaNB
February 3rd, 2003, 05:46 PM
I agree with Moonshadow...what would posses you to date someone who treats you like dirt?
Don't get the bit with her older sister either, my sister thinks I have the brainpower of a neanderthal. I take it as a compliment.

Airemia
February 3rd, 2003, 08:15 PM
I have to update you here, because I don't want to leave incorrect information floating around, so once again, if you're disturbed by this, don't read.

She actually hanged herself in her closet with a guitar strap. Her sister found her because her pager was going off. Also, on why she did it:

She broke up with her boyfriend, and he was calling her really bad stuff, and saying he'd kill himself if she broke up with him. Then he started saying he was going to get people to beat her up. All these people started messaging her on ICQ telling her they were going to kill her and stuff, including her supposed best friend. Her older sister also moved back in, and this girl had to share a room with her AND her baby. So that all contributed to it.

Darkhood_343
February 3rd, 2003, 09:05 PM
If all of a sudden, I started getting stuff on my ICQ, I'd turn it off. Then I'd run away, not go thru with it and kill myself.