PDA

View Full Version : Remark on Redwall Week

Martin the Warrior
January 24th, 2003, 07:15 PM
This coming week we'll be holding an event of sorts-- Remark on Redwall Week-- where discussions pertaining to the Redwall Series (or to Brian's other books, Castaways of the Flying Dutchman and Seven Strange and Ghostly Tales) will be all that are allowed.

The Forum has always seemed to lean towards the General Discussion area and I thought it would be a good time to reestablish that this is a Redwall forum.

What will happen is that, on Monday (the 27th) I'll flip this board (General Discussion) to "read-only". The Bookshelf, RWTV, Websites, and The Writer's Block will remain open for posts, although the Bookshelf will be the focus of this event. While General Discussion is "read-only", start up some good, old fashioned discussions in the Bookshelf and be sure to contribute to ones others have started. In short, let's put aside all other interests for one week.

Depending upon the level of participation we receive, I may reopen General Discussion early on Friday. Otherwise, we'll be going until the 3rd of February (the following Monday).

So, let's get some good discussions going! If anyone wants to start early, feel free. Likewise, if you have any questions, feel free to ask (and, no, this is not a punishment-- nobody did anything wrong. ;)).

LadyBeelze
January 24th, 2003, 07:48 PM
That sounds cool :D Good Idea Martin, get everyone on focus with redwall

Slagar the Cruel
January 24th, 2003, 07:59 PM
Great idea, Martin! I was planning on starting a lot of stimulating topics in the "Books" section in an attempt to get more Redwall discussion going ("Book Quality" was to be the first) anyways. You saved me a lot of time! ;) Looks to be a nice week.

Darkhood_343
January 24th, 2003, 08:00 PM
Redwall Week? I haven't read a book in the seiries in about 4 months! *goes and reads all the books 50 times* Ok. Ready.

MoonShadow
January 24th, 2003, 08:12 PM
I'm glad of this. There really was a bit of a lack of interesting topics in the other sections....

Yano
January 24th, 2003, 08:16 PM
Somehow I don't think that I'll have a place in this whole "actually talk about Redwall" thing... :(

Which means I'll just have to squeeze all the more non-Redwall terrorizing into the time I have left! ;)

Lady Terra
January 25th, 2003, 10:18 AM
eh...that's not fair to those who havent read them all. such as me *cough* I like redwall i just havent read them all yet and dont really remember what happened in the first one. it's been a while. bleh..i guess i just wont participate.

Martin the Warrior
January 25th, 2003, 11:31 AM
Sorry to hear that, Terra. I hope you'll swing by to see what kind of topics there are before making that decision final.

Talks are not restricted to one book (be it the first or the most recent), anything goes. I think you'd be surprised at how much you'd remember.

Glenner
January 25th, 2003, 12:26 PM
Good idea Martin! I've aways thought the Books section was lacking in topics.
*goes to start a topic in the books section*

LadyBeelze
January 25th, 2003, 12:33 PM
Come and particpate terra, you don't have to have read all redwall books (i haven't)

So this will start on sunday?

The Red Badger
January 25th, 2003, 12:47 PM
Nope, Monday. But Martin says it's fine to get an early start. :cool:

We're just asking Redwall fans to talk about Redwall on a Redwall board. . . I'm afraid I don't see the unfairness.

Darkhood_343
January 25th, 2003, 12:50 PM
Reds
I'm afraid I don't see the unfairness.
Me neither, it seems right. It's kewl that Martin's laying this down.

Airemia
January 25th, 2003, 01:12 PM
Hey Martin, great idea! There should be one of these every month? Whaddaya think? :p

LadyBeelze
January 25th, 2003, 01:16 PM
There should be one of these every month? Whaddaya think?

yes yes *nods*

VanessaNB
January 25th, 2003, 01:59 PM
Monthly Week Of Redwall, or MWOR. I came up with that while reading this. Hee.
Aye, sounds like fun. Maybe we could start another debate, like the St.Ninians thing?
Just for the occassion...This calls for a new avatar! And a new sig!

Treerose
January 25th, 2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Airemia
Hey Martin, great idea! There should be one of these every month? Whaddaya think? :p

Or we could just do more Redwall topics more often... ;)

But anyway, I'm looking forward to this. It'll be fun!

Tree

~~~~

"I can see none of you are smugglers, that's why it's so loud."

~attributed to Eugene Ormandy, to the Philadelphia Orchestra~

::gets a vision of Boba Fett sitting in the midst of an orchestra...::

Martin the Warrior
January 25th, 2003, 06:26 PM
We'll see how this one goes, first. ;)

MoonShadow
January 25th, 2003, 07:00 PM
lol, I won't be posting much on Monday, probably, and same goes for Tuesday, so it doesn't mean I have nothing to say in anything besides the GD. ;)

Baby Rollo
January 26th, 2003, 09:28 AM
I'm going to start a topic all about my ancestor Baby Rollo from Mattimeo. And I'll be starting topics about strawberry cordial and dibbuns.

Martin the Warrior
January 26th, 2003, 10:01 PM
This board is now read-only. Let Remark on Redwall Week begin.

Martin the Warrior
February 3rd, 2003, 01:45 PM
Remark on Redwall Week is now over-- but that doesn't mean you have to stop talking in The Bookshelf. ;) Let's see if we can keep that section as alive as it's been this past week normally. Everybody game?

Before I unstick this topic, though, let's have feedback. Did you enjoy Redwall Week? Would you like us to do it again in the future?

Lord Servone
February 3rd, 2003, 04:33 PM
I thought it was a good idea...this IS a Redwall board after all, we should talk more about Redwall ;)

VanessaNB
February 3rd, 2003, 04:39 PM
Yup, enjoyed it. I can't stay locked in GD forever;)

LadyBeelze
February 3rd, 2003, 05:23 PM
i liked redwall week, nothing like a good ol chat on the purpouse of this board, but mind you it does feel good to post in the general discussion ^^*

MoonShadow
February 3rd, 2003, 06:52 PM
I agree with Beelz, since the GD allows a wider range of topics, but it was nice having a Redwall Remark week with discussions of Redwall.

dandin1
February 3rd, 2003, 07:27 PM
I tough remark on redwall week was a great Idea, and I don't oppose to having it again.

Darkhood_343
February 3rd, 2003, 07:55 PM
Rollo
I'm going to start a topic all about my ancestor Baby Rollo from Mattimeo. And I'll be starting topics about strawberry cordial and dibbuns
Hee, it's funny, cause you never did that.

And Redwall Week was great, makes me want to post in the other parts of the site more often.

Treerose
February 4th, 2003, 09:23 AM
Definitely this was great, and we should do it again sometime. But we should really just keep posting like we did in Books and TV, too. ;)

Tree

~~~~

"The tempo has to stay the same, but you need to go faster."

~What a conductor said to us yesterday~

He sounds like he learned from Ormandy...probably did, he's played under most of the greats. <g>