PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Star Wars Collectible

Rimrose
July 11th, 2005, 12:20 PM
Original Lightsabers Up for Auction

The legendary lightsabers brandished by Star Wars characters Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader are up for auction alongside a bevy of memorabilia from the sci-fi saga.

The iconic weapons, which go under the hammer on July 29, have been valued at a staggering $140,000 by Los Angeles auction house Profiles in History.

Other items soon to be at the center of a bidding frenzy include Skywalker's orange X-Wing pilot jumpsuit, which is valued at $80,000, Yoda's mask, and a Stormtrooper "blaster" weapon.

The lightsaber used by Darth Vader in The Empire Strikes Back is likely to fetch $60,000, while the Jedi Knight's weapon is estimated to reach $80,000 in the auction. But bidders will be disappointed if they expect the sabers to light up as they did on screen - their glowing appearance was all down to special effects.

All 75 items are presently owned by Star Wars producer Gary Kurtz who created a huge prop archive with Star Wars historian Jason Joiner.

How much would you pay for a non-working, 20+ year old lightsaber? ;)

Orlando The Axe911
July 11th, 2005, 02:04 PM
I would pay the highest price they had just to get it to show off and probaly break it within 4 days.

Josiah the Warrior
July 11th, 2005, 04:38 PM
I knew I should've played the lottery more often. :slagar

Orlando The Axe911
July 11th, 2005, 05:56 PM
I knew I should've played the lottery more often. Yeah that's what my dad said when I told him!

Felldoh
July 11th, 2005, 11:33 PM
$5-10. $140,000?! Why?! Ohhh... a movie prop! EXCITING.

Josiah the Warrior
July 11th, 2005, 11:35 PM
$5-10. $140,000?! Why?! Ohhh... a movie prop! EXCITING.
Sounds like someone just doesn't understand Star Wars or its fans (especially the lucky rich ones). ;)

Jodan
July 11th, 2005, 11:40 PM
Dude, I'm a superfan, and I would never buy anything like that. Unless I put it on display and charged people to see it. Now there's an idea...

Josiah the Warrior
July 11th, 2005, 11:42 PM
Are you kidding? If I was a millionaire I'd totally go out and buy them. Of course that's if and only if I had that kind of money to toss around, I'd never buy something that exspensive and useless without at least a few mil in the bank.

Felldoh
July 12th, 2005, 12:16 AM
I AM a big Star Wars fan. I just think paying that much money for a stinking movie prop is beyond stupid. No movie prop is worth that much. Why buy that when you could buy something USEFUL like a car or house or something?

Josiah the Warrior
July 12th, 2005, 01:05 AM
I AM a big Star Wars fan. I just think paying that much money for a stinking movie prop is beyond stupid. No movie prop is worth that much. Why buy that when you could buy something USEFUL like a car or house or something?
I guess I didn't explain myself clearly enough, what I meant was; if you have that kind of money, why not? Your average person shouldn't even think about wasting that kind of cash on a prop, but if you're a multimillionaire they go for it.

LordTBT
July 12th, 2005, 01:54 AM
These should be going to some sort of Hollywood museum.