PDA

View Full Version : Crummy PBS Replacements...

Lord Servone
January 28th, 2003, 09:16 PM
Ok, for those of you (like me recently) whose PBS stations have stopped showing Redwall for the moment, what show have they replaced it with that's most likely of lesser quality?

In my case, they replaced it with a show called George Shrinks...some show about a boy...whose...really really....small :P

They could've at least replaced it with this show I've heard about called Liberty Kids...it has a lot of big celebrity voices in it and I was curious to see at least an episode of it...

So what shows have they put in place of our beloved Redwall show on your PBS station?

Also, who's lucky enough to have Redwall still showing on their PBS station?

Jade the Warrior
January 29th, 2003, 08:45 AM
My PBS station is still showing Martin the Warrior...Although that's the only one I've seen aired on the station. I saw the show for the first time on Episode 36 and recorded it thereafter to episode 39, thinking that they wouldn't replay the whole season again. But, what did I see the next Saturday morning? "Welcome to Redwall. Today, we are going to start a new season with this epsideo, called 'Captured'." or something similar. But, now that I only have one more Episode of the season to record (Episode 35, the one I REALLY want to watch), I hope they switch to something like Mattimeo...Although I highly doubt they will.

~Jade, who can still hope that they'd show Mattimeo, since she has the Redwall videos and all of Martin (almost) recorded...

VanessaNB
January 29th, 2003, 04:27 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't "captured" the FIRST episode of MTW? Why be angry?

Jade the Warrior
January 29th, 2003, 07:29 PM
Yes, it is. I'm saying they started the whole seasonover again when I thought they wouldn't. I wasnt angry, in fact, right now I'm very glad that they decided to re-show the season. I was, however, very surprised.

~Jade, who is going to say "2 more days 'til Episode 35!"...

Darkhood_343
January 29th, 2003, 08:21 PM
They could've at least replaced it with this show I've heard about called Liberty Kids...it has a lot of big celebrity voices in it and I was curious to see at least an episode of it...
No Servone, you don't want that. It may have an "all star cast" but it is, as you said "a crummy PBS replacement".

VanessaNB
January 30th, 2003, 03:26 PM
I like Liberty's Kids, it shows the Revolution as it was, rather than wacky kids from the future with their computer-thing going to the past to help with her/his homework. That LNN thing does rather annoy me.
And no, PBS isn't showing Redwall anymore. Crummy PBS.

Lyrian Aryns
January 30th, 2003, 05:04 PM
Well, a while ago, they took it off, and replaced it with something called Dragon Tales, or something like that... I couldn't remember the name, so I poked my nose into tvguide.com and discovered that they were airing Redwall again, and had been for... I don't know how long. So I suppose that I am one of the lucky ones, for the time being...

Martin the Warrior
January 31st, 2003, 12:36 AM
Save for a few special events-- pledge drives and holidays-- Redwall has aired at the same time every week since it premiered in April of 2001. I suppose I'm one of the lucky ones.

LadyBeelze
January 31st, 2003, 02:26 PM
my two channels that show the redwall series are still showing it same time as usual as it always has. I haven't watched redwall for forever though :(

Cornflower
March 16th, 2003, 11:33 PM
I haven't checked to see if it is airing.....last time I heard it was airing Saturday at 9 or 9:30 AM. I last watched it on television a few months ago and it was the one about the spice seller dormouse Farlo. But I've been watching tapes of it since then. I just haven't had time to watch it on TV. I'll have to check the schedule for it.