PDA

View Full Version : Advice Wanted: Username

Ember Nickel
August 20th, 2005, 03:07 PM
I could use some advice. Specifically, advice on whether to request a change in my username.

I'm quite a "n00b" when it comes to the ROC, although I hope my grammar would suggest otherwise. I joined this forum less than two months ago, and it's the first ROC site I can think of that I've joined. I didn't participate in RWOnline. Which is where the trouble begins.

I was skimming the "memorial for Josh Boycott" issue of Terrouge when I came across an interview with said Boycott from "Ember", of RWOnline. That is certainly not me, and I would not like any longtime ROCcers to get that impression. I am not the type of person who would offer an interview to help commemorate someone's life. In fact, I would roll my eyes at the entire issue, thinking, "Great. He's dead and now we must all be subjected to misery." (I now apologize to everyone I just offended.)

Do you consider it likely I could be confused with that Ember? Should I change my username?

Thanks for reading.

Mackinsie
August 20th, 2005, 04:32 PM
I knew that you weren't that Ember... I'm not sure how many people actually even remember her. It's your own personal choice whether you want to change your name. As long as you are happy with "Ember Nickel", don't worry about what other people think! :)

Lonna Bowstripe
August 20th, 2005, 04:46 PM
There's a n00b on this forum who hasn't posted; name of "Lonna Bowstipe"; should I change my name? Answer is "no" in both cases.

Ember Nickel
August 21st, 2005, 08:01 AM
Thanks for your advice.