PDA

View Full Version : Mrs. Churchmouse

Lady Blaireao
September 3rd, 2005, 01:40 PM
Mrs. Churchmouse is an extremly mysterious character. For starters, does she even have a first name? Even Cornflower, her best friend, just calls her Mrs. Churchmouse. I think her first name, if there is one, is something like Willow, or Daisy. Secondly, we have no clue as to how old she is. But, if Matthias is 13
during the whole Cluny fiasco, we assume that Cornflower is about the same age. As we have no indication as to how old Mrs.Churchmouse is, we must assume she is roughly the same age. So, if she is, does that mean that she, like Cornflower, is a teenage bride? But, we must remember that animals in RW seem to reach adulthood at around 15 seasons. Also, if her & Cornflower's family both lived at Saint Ninain's, then are they related? Or is just one of them
desendant from Gonff? I belive that Cornflower is probably the one desendant from Gonff, after all, wasn't Gonff a fieldmouse, too? Plus, that would kind of be like reuniting Martin & Gonff. Well, anyway, what is Mrs. Chuechmouse's deal?

-lady blair

Senav
September 3rd, 2005, 04:23 PM
As we have no indication as to how old Mrs.Churchmouse is, we must assume she is roughly the same age. She's already married and already had, apparently, several children when Cornflower was 13.

Also, if her & Cornflower's family both lived at Saint Ninain's, then are they related? I don't recall Cornflower's family living at St. Ninians. Did you get this from the TV show? The TV series warped a few facts.

I belive that Cornflower is probably the one desendant from Gonff, after all, wasn't Gonff a fieldmouse, too? I think "Fieldmouse" is supposed to be a generic last name, like "Smith". There are many, many Smiths where I live. Most of them aren't related.

obiwankenobi33
September 3rd, 2005, 08:08 PM
I don't recall Cornflower's family living at St. Ninians. Did you get this from the TV show? The TV series warped a few facts.

No.. It was in the book.. Matthias was driving her and the other churchmice back to St. Ninians when Cluny's wagon went by..

obiwankenobi33

Bladeswift
September 3rd, 2005, 08:38 PM
Perhaps I shouldn't be answering this since it's been so long since I last read it and I don't have a copy with which to refer to, but I think Cornflower was just going along to keep Matthias company and/or to lend a helping hand.

Ember Nickel
September 4th, 2005, 02:34 PM
Cornflower's family lived in that direction, but not at Saint Ninian's itself.

Delhome
September 4th, 2005, 02:38 PM
it says, and i quote, "Well, what a stroke of luck. Fancy Cornflower's family living so close to the Churchmouse brood!" no where does it say that Cornflower's family lved at St. Ninians.

Lonna Bowstripe
September 4th, 2005, 02:42 PM
Redwall is screwed up. 'K? ;)

Cheesethief
September 5th, 2005, 03:13 PM
Something I always wondered, but I came to the conclusion that they were neighbours, as opposed to relatives. Also, I believe that Mrs Churchmouse wasn't so much a mucker to cornflower as a maternal figure.

Glad to see you back, Del. We've all grown old, good to see you back.

Delhome
September 5th, 2005, 06:22 PM
oye, thanks 4 the welcome mate, its been a long time. and maybe Mrs. Chruchmouse was really cornflower's mother, and she had an affair with cornflower's father and..... im ramlbing on a random subject again arn't i?

Josiah the Warrior
September 5th, 2005, 07:03 PM
Redwall is screwed up. 'K? ;)
You lookin' for trouble? 'Cuz you just found some mister. Maybe you didn't read the URL of this here site. Now I'm just gonna go on like I never heard that, and maybe, just maybe, I'll forget about that statement when I think of the two books I haven't read a page of that I'm going to be tested on when I start school tomorrow. M'kay?!

Ember Nickel
September 6th, 2005, 03:00 PM
You lookin' for trouble? 'Cuz you just found some mister. Maybe you didn't read the URL of this here site. Now I'm just gonna go on like I never heard that, and maybe, just maybe, I'll forget about that statement when I think of the two books I haven't read a page of that I'm going to be tested on when I start school tomorrow. M'kay?!
I believe Lonna's quote meant that "Redwall" the book, was "messed up", by containing anachronistic elements that do not fit with the other books in the series.

Bladeswift
September 6th, 2005, 03:14 PM
Of course, with "Redwall" being the first and original book, it would be more fitting to say the other books are "messed up."

Cheesethief
September 7th, 2005, 02:35 PM
Not necessarily. To quote an individual from this forum "Hey, maybe he was drunk".

Josiah the Warrior
September 7th, 2005, 07:06 PM
I believe Lonna's quote meant that "Redwall" the book, was "messed up", by containing anachronistic elements that do not fit with the other books in the series.
I was kidding....

Lonna Bowstripe
September 7th, 2005, 07:23 PM
And I believe he was being sarcastic...