PDA

View Full Version : So few deaths...?

Ember Nickel
September 3rd, 2005, 02:05 PM
Was I the only one waiting for a main character to bite the dust? Dauncey, Butty, and "Brigadier Wot Wot" just didn't seem as major as other dead characters from preceding books, i.e.

Bragoon and Saro (Loamhedge)
and
Shogg (Triss).

Bladeswift
September 3rd, 2005, 08:27 PM
Considering how quickly Gulo's horde was decimated it's no surprise there weren't very many "major" deaths. I was expecting Doogy or Yoofus to die, but I wasn't too greatly surprised to find they didn't.

Josiah the Warrior
September 8th, 2005, 05:32 PM
*WARNING SPOILERS*

As I've probably mentioned in a dozen other posts, I was always very dissapointed that Martin killed Tsarmina (well actually he didn't, but that's a technicality) and not the other way around. I'm also tired of the main villain dying every time, either let them win or have the main villain survive. Ferahgo shouldn't have died perhaps? Zigu maybe....

As for good guys, kill Joseph instead of Finbarr next time, and have some moles die some violent deaths and I think I'll be happy.

Bladeswift
September 8th, 2005, 06:09 PM
*WARNING SPOILERS*

As I've probably mentioned in a dozen other posts, I was always very dissapointed that Martin killed Tsarmina (well actually he didn't, but that's a technicality) and not the other way around. I'm also tired of the main villain dying every time, either let them win or have the main villain survive. Ferahgo shouldn't have died perhaps? Zigu maybe....

As for good guys, kill Joseph instead of Finbarr next time, and have some moles die some violent deaths and I think I'll be happy.
Uh, I think this thread was more specifically about Rakkety Tam, seeing as this is in the Rakkety Tam discussion subforum.

Ember Nickel
September 8th, 2005, 06:48 PM
As I've probably mentioned in a dozen other posts, I was always very dissapointed that Martin killed Tsarmina...
I only counted five, but it felt like more, didn't it?

Josiah the Warrior
September 8th, 2005, 07:47 PM
Uh, I think this thread was more specifically about Rakkety Tam, seeing as this is in the Rakkety Tam discussion subforum.
Whoops.....

Urthwyte
September 17th, 2005, 06:51 AM
I thought Yoofus was gonna get eaten.

Triss36
September 27th, 2005, 10:57 AM
I prefer very few deaths of the good characters. I don't mind at when the villians die. But whenever a good character dies, I cry for him or her, even if it's like the third time I'm reading about it.

Stoat
September 27th, 2005, 08:33 PM
yes...thats one of the reasons why i didnt enjoy this book nearly as much as the others. Nobody died! Gulo';s horde was obliterated with ease, and no main character died.

DONT DISS MOLES