PDA

View Full Version : I'm Baaaaackkkkkkkkk

Delhome
September 3rd, 2005, 09:17 PM
Hey yall, its been a while, but im back and just as furry as ever. How many peeps here still remeber your resident squirrel freak? Alot of things have happened since I last posted, including, I've started my own Redwall based, RPG based on a story that I am currently writing. Ye may be any creature (including Badgers, Wolverines, Falcons and Snakes) and with the execption of the Wolverine's, you ethier may be "good" or "evil." And, unless otherwise noted in the subject line of each post, the site is PG-13, but if you are uncomfterbul with anything over, you need not read them, they ARE posted in the subject line of each post if they above pg-13.

We currently have 7 active members, including myself, and the beautiful Narinya ahem, sorry, well anyways, http://com5.runboard.com/bmossflowersquirreltribe . I cant wait to see you there.

As cool as this is, it if by far overshadowed by the fact that just over 2 months ago, I had the happyest day of my life, thats right, IM ENGAGED!!!!!!!!

Lonna Bowstripe
September 3rd, 2005, 09:57 PM
:eek: You're, um, back!

Felldoh
September 3rd, 2005, 10:12 PM
Welcome back Delhome! :D I just thought yesterday "I wonder what happened to Delhome" and... vola!

Lonna Bowstripe
September 3rd, 2005, 10:28 PM
As cool as this is, it if by far overshadowed by the fact that just over 2 months ago, I had the happyest day of my life, thats right, IM ENGAGED!!!!!!!!Didn't see this when I made my first post. And you say your 17? :rolleyes:

Delhome
September 4th, 2005, 08:10 AM
yes i am, and, yes, I am 17, and so is my fiance. I am 9 days older.

Mackinsie
September 4th, 2005, 12:26 PM
Welcome back :)

Delhome
September 4th, 2005, 12:34 PM
thank you.

Baby Rollo
September 4th, 2005, 03:25 PM
Married at 17? Is that legal? Well, good luck with that and welcome back.

Josiah the Warrior
September 4th, 2005, 03:31 PM
Welcome back!

And Rollo, I think a couple can be engaged before 18 and marry after they turn 18. I could be wrong though....

Delhome
September 4th, 2005, 03:34 PM
Why yes, it is legal. We havn't had the cervice yet, oweing to the fact that our parents currently do not know, and also the fact that finding a Wiccan prest to preform the cervice in an area full of non-accpeting Christians is rather difficult. But we check into a Georgia hotel as Mr. and Mrs. Wrenn, so we are now, in the eyes of the United States goverment married.

LordTBT
September 4th, 2005, 03:46 PM
Why yes, it is legal. We havn't had the cervice yet, oweing to the fact that our parents currently do not know, and also the fact that finding a Wiccan prest to preform the cervice in an area full of non-accpeting Christians is rather difficult. But we check into a Georgia hotel as Mr. and Mrs. Wrenn, so we are now, in the eyes of the United States goverment married.

Actually, you can be married at 17 in most states with parental consent.

However Delhome, you could be married by a justice of the peace, which is non-denominational.

Although the fact that youre hiding all this from your parents isnt necessarily wise and leads me to believe there is more to this...

Delhome
September 4th, 2005, 03:49 PM
Yea, there is more, the fact that her father has threatened my life, and certin parts of my body on multupule occiasons... plus i cannot get a job at the momment and if my parents find out, i will be kicked out of the house.

Baby Rollo
September 4th, 2005, 05:03 PM
Yea, there is more, the fact that her father has threatened my life, and certin parts of my body on multupule occiasons... plus i cannot get a job at the momment and if my parents find out, i will be kicked out of the house.

*chews popcorn*

Ooh, the suspense! Well...good luck with that I guess.

Furrtil
September 4th, 2005, 09:20 PM
Welcome back, Delhome! :D

And, uh, the whole marriage situation... :eek: You be especially careful around her father, and just know that you ought to tell him. He won't be happy, obviously, but he'll be a lot happier than if he found out through someone else. But, uh, good luck with that. You're lucky to have found someone you obviously love so much when you're so young. :) (But who am I to speak?)

Bladeswift
September 4th, 2005, 09:24 PM
This really sounds like a bad soap opera, but whatever.

Welcome back to the boards, member whom I do not know.

Shadow's Forge
September 4th, 2005, 10:02 PM
Hello, Delhome. We don't know each other, owing to the fact that neither one of us were posting at the "same" time.

You're in a bit of dilemma, though. Telling your parents will come as a shock to them, and not telling will make it very bad when the truth does come out--truth has the extraordinarily inconvenient tendency to do that.

It would be best to tell both sets of parents of what has transpired.

Advice aside, I hope you and your fiancee--I'm assuming it's "fiancee," since I assume you're a heterosexual male, your usage of "fiance" in the first post notwithstanding--have a good relationship.

Lonna Bowstripe
September 5th, 2005, 11:07 AM
I also think that your parents would probably not like it that you're putting this out on the internet.

Shadow's Forge
September 5th, 2005, 12:20 PM
That really isn't too much of an issue. As long as Delhome's parents do not frequent Longpatrolclub, it won't be a problem.

Senav
September 5th, 2005, 03:13 PM
I remember you, the squirrel obsessed guy, right?

The fact that you're hiding an engagement from both parents makes me, like Bladeswift, think of a soap opera. The fact that you're entirely ready to get married and head out into the big wide world at 17 makes me cringe a little. Most people around here are still in high school at 17, including me. Call me a naysayer, but it strikes me as hasty and unwise.

Furrtil
September 5th, 2005, 03:20 PM
:lol: You're also the guy with a gigantic crush on Emma Watson, aren't you? Might want to take her off of your avatar now that you're engaged, see. ;)

Baby Rollo
September 5th, 2005, 03:36 PM
Well, Emma Watson is pretty hot so you can't blame him for that.

Cheesethief
September 5th, 2005, 03:51 PM
[Age=7] Ew! Icky! [/Age=7]

Hey, Delhome! How's life been treating you? Since you left, we who used to be newbs have grown into fully-fledged nutcases. Let's see...Cinn still frequents this place, but hasn't been on for a while...Fell's still here, he hasn't changed, as you can see ( :p ) and I'm now a General! (Not that that actually means I'm in favour (nudge nudge), just that I spend too much time here.

As for the marriage thing, as far as I remember, wasn't there something about this last time you were here? I can't remember. Still, it seems kind of...weird. The only married person on here was Red Draco, I think, and she left ages ago.

Still, stick around in time for the reunion party, eh?

Delhome
September 5th, 2005, 06:19 PM
I remember you, the squirrel obsessed guy, right?

The fact that you're hiding an engagement from both parents makes me, like Bladeswift, think of a soap opera. The fact that you're entirely ready to get married and head out into the big wide world at 17 makes me cringe a little. Most people around here are still in high school at 17, including me. Call me a naysayer, but it strikes me as hasty and unwise.

We are still in High School. And we both have scholarships to the same college.

Baby Rollo
September 5th, 2005, 06:35 PM
They do say it takes at least 2 years to see if a relationship is truly everlasting.

LordTBT
September 5th, 2005, 06:53 PM
We are still in High School. And we both have scholarships to the same college.

I really hope youre both not going to the same college for each other.

Ember Nickel
September 6th, 2005, 03:06 PM
I really hope youre both not going to the same college for each other.
They couldn't be, then it wouldn't matter which college it was. If that was the case, they might as well not go.

Delhome
September 6th, 2005, 07:36 PM
They couldn't be, then it wouldn't matter which college it was. If that was the case, they might as well not go.

The scholarships were giving to each of us before we even started dating.

Cinnabarr Rivershell
September 7th, 2005, 08:40 PM
Yo Delhome, how's it been my man?

Delhome: "It's been great Cinn, I've made an RPG site and now I'm getting married. Anyways, what about you?"

Me: *jaw drops to the floor*

I'm happy you're back Delhome, but I'm not going to spare you any hurt feelings. I'm going to tell you what's exactly on my mind. You are too young to get married. You have found someone that you love. I am happy for you. But don't rush into something even if it feels right. If you and your girl really love each other then there shouldn't be any problem in waiting until you are old enough. I mean I'm 16, I couldn't imagine getting married in a year.

Really think about it dude. How long have you guys been going out? Have you guys shared an apartment or lived with each other at all? Delhome, the decision is yours, not mine, but I hope you take into consideration what I have said.

Felldoh
September 8th, 2005, 08:00 AM
I have to agree with Cinnabarr on this. My boyfriend and I have been going out for about three years now, and though we've thought about getting married... we both agree that we're too young now. Personally, I'd suggest waiting at least 'till your 19 or so... but if getting married now is your thing, go ahead with it. It'd be hypocritical for me to tell you not to do something... when I do something that most people would disagree with in the first place, being in love with another man. Eh... what can you do, though? :p

Kratos
September 8th, 2005, 03:47 PM
Well, Emma Watson is pretty hot so you can't blame him for that.

And your gender is...?????
;)

Ember Nickel
September 8th, 2005, 04:37 PM
It'd be hypocritical for me to tell you not to do something... when I do something that most people would disagree with in the first place, being in love with another man.
No way! None of us do only things that all the rest of us agree with, and many of us continue to give advice, whether it's grammatical or political or...or...*searches for adjective to describe baseball*. I certainly don't disagree with your sexual orientation, and would hope that my fellow posters don't either. Although I would not encourage anyone to get married at age seventeen either, I wouldn't silence myself because I'm a chess player, a suburbanite, or a special-education student. I hope you can have the courage to do likewise.

Shadow's Forge
September 8th, 2005, 05:54 PM
I disagree with a homosexual lifestyle, but as a sign of courtesy, I keep reasoning to myself.

In a broader sense, there is nothing hypocritcal about giving someone else advice when one nows that one is not perfect. The very fact that one does not have problem X allows one to give advice in resolving problem X in another.

Sagrived Switpaw
September 8th, 2005, 07:04 PM
I disagree with a homosexual lifestyle, but as a sign of courtesy, I keep reasoning to myself.

Well spoken, I shall do the same.

Lonna Bowstripe
September 8th, 2005, 07:26 PM
Good think Jodan's banned! :p

Asmodeus
September 8th, 2005, 08:12 PM
hey, guys. I'm back too! I haven't been on in a while, I've been busy. So i might be on more now... just telling you where i've been in case your wondering.

Baby Rollo
September 8th, 2005, 08:13 PM
I think homosexuals are cool! But I won't get into that because it will just lead to another political--possibly religious--argument and we don't need any of those right now.

Furrtil
September 8th, 2005, 09:27 PM
We all like you for your personality, Felldoh. I see no reason to change that now. You're just as awesomely cool as you always were. :D

LordTBT
September 8th, 2005, 11:25 PM
Add that post of Rollo's about Emma Watson to my 'Rollo is a man" evidence folder.

Have you guys shared an apartment or lived with each other at all?

I worked with a girl my age this summer who said she would never live with someone before getting married, and statistically more people who do that end up in divorce.

I have no idea if that's true or not, I believe in living with someone first myself. People are weird. They could have some weird freak habit, like eating oreos all the time or something ;)

The Red Badger
September 9th, 2005, 11:37 AM
They could have some weird freak habit, like eating oreos all the time or something ;)

Careful, Teebs. Your crush is showing. :p

LordTBT
September 9th, 2005, 12:14 PM
Careful, Teebs. Your crush is showing. :p

I just felt like drawing you out of your lurking.

Shadow's Forge
September 9th, 2005, 12:27 PM
I just felt like drawing you out of your lurking.
How did you know above post would in fact draw Red Badger out of hiding?

Ferahgo the Assassin
September 9th, 2005, 12:59 PM
How did you know above post would in fact draw Red Badger out of hiding?
Reds can smell an Oreo from at least ten miles away.

Look at his interests on his profile. ;)

Shadow's Forge
September 9th, 2005, 01:15 PM
Oh, my.

I detect a pathological case of monomania.

Cheesethief
September 9th, 2005, 03:10 PM
No. Oreomania. ;)

(And yes, I'm not stupid...)

Anyway, I hadn't realised, Felldoh. Still, as Furrtil said...

Shadow's Forge
September 9th, 2005, 05:15 PM
No. Oreomania. ;)
Just find the Latin term for "Oreo" and you'll classify a new psychological condition!

Ember Nickel
September 9th, 2005, 05:23 PM
Try "mellitumania", from "mellitus": sweet.

Lukesed
September 9th, 2005, 05:24 PM
Gemicrustulumellmania is as close as I could get.

Shadow's Forge
September 9th, 2005, 05:26 PM
Gemicrustulumellmania is as close as I could get.

As an added bonus, if it is unpronounceable, then one can never be said to have that affliction.

Lukesed
September 9th, 2005, 05:26 PM
You think I was joking?

EDIT: Perhaps Gemicrustulumamplectormellmania would be more logical, by adding that the two cookies are surrounding the sweet honeylike substance(you try to translate icing into latin), not just near it.

EDIT(again):Geminigercrustulumamplectormellniveusm ania, to add the color of the icing and cookies.

Shadow's Forge
September 9th, 2005, 05:38 PM
You think I was joking?
Of course not.

In any case, truthfulness doesn't affect the ability of a word to be pronounced.

Lonna Bowstripe
September 10th, 2005, 11:23 AM
Just try obsessedwithoreos ;)

Josiah the Warrior
September 10th, 2005, 12:52 PM
As Stewie would say; Just try shutting the (can't say that word here) up!

Lonna Bowstripe
September 10th, 2005, 02:14 PM
Yeah you can. Hell goes through the filters. See?

Shadow's Forge
September 10th, 2005, 02:36 PM
As Stewie would say; Just try shutting the (can't say that word here) up!
But there is no spoon.

Lyrian Aryns
September 10th, 2005, 03:18 PM
Yeah you can. Hell goes through the filters. See?Just because you can doesn't mean you necessarily should. Not in that context, anyway. :p

Mackinsie
September 10th, 2005, 05:36 PM
Hell is allowed through the filter for use in the appropriate context, not for purposes of travel suggestions.

Felldoh
September 10th, 2005, 11:52 PM
I wouldn't silence myself because I'm a chess player, a suburbanite, or a special-education student. I hope you can have the courage to do likewise.

In a broader sense, there is nothing hypocritcal about giving someone else advice when one nows that one is not perfect. The very fact that one does not have problem X allows one to give advice in resolving problem X in another.

I guess you two are right... thanks. :)

As for the rest... thanks for your kind words. This went better than expected. :D