PDA

View Full Version : Prices for Audio Books.

Jade the Warrior
February 4th, 2003, 05:25 PM
Now, thanks to Martin, I have recently found out that you can purchase the unabraiged version of Mossflower (My personal favorite) as an Audio Book. The problem is...when I found them, it said that they were $111 for the CDs and 80something for the Cassettes. At the LP website, Martin also said that the AB to Mossflower (And a few others such as Castaways) would be released, hopefully the unabraiged radio-play version, for $29.99 each.

Now, here is my question...Is there something I missed? Did I go to the wrong place? Is there another place I can buy the Audio Books? I don't think many of us can afford $100 of ABs.

~Jade, who will appreciate all help she can get on this manner, because she desperately wants to buy the Mossflower AB...

Lord Servone
February 4th, 2003, 09:02 PM
I always heard of Audiobooks/tapes being expensive. I remember looking at the LOTR ones at Borders to see that they were asking $70+ for the Fellowship of the Ring on disc...

MoonShadow
February 5th, 2003, 07:45 PM
Well, I get audiobooks from the library, being the cheap person I am. The library doesn't have much Redwall audiobooks, but maybe your library does. And yes, they are expensive.

You can always act it out yourself, burn it onto a CD, and then listen it. ;b

Jade the Warrior
February 6th, 2003, 03:13 PM
Actually, I was going to do that, but my voice doesn't go low enough...:p Just kidding.

Well, looks like after I pre-order/buy the last Redwall Video, i'll be pinching my pennies for awhile...:rolleyes:

~Jade, who will have to save for a long time, but is sure it'll be worth it...

Martin the Warrior
February 9th, 2003, 12:34 AM
Recorded Books, LLC's site does have steep prices, yes. You'd be better off keeping an eye at Amazon.com or another bookseller, however. While it doesn't look like they've got Mossflower there yet, the Triss audio book is listed at the price of $29.99. I wouldn't recommend paying more than $50 for one of the audio books-- the complete, unabridged MTW Radio Play only cost $35 (granted that was released by Listening Library, not RB,LLC).

Just keep an eye out.

Darkhood_343
February 9th, 2003, 02:17 AM
I get all the AB from the library. They have Mossflower, Marlfox, Redwall, and Triss. Nothin beats reading it tho...

Jade the Warrior
February 9th, 2003, 12:07 PM
Oh...I see. Thanks, Martin!

*edit* I just went and checked Amazon.com and after shopping around a bit, I found the Unabriaged version of Mossflower for $29.99! When I get two more weeks allowance, the Audio Book shall be mine!*edit*

~Jade, who likes reading books, but her mind likes to wander so she likes listening to books as well...

Pennybright
February 10th, 2003, 08:03 PM
I really like the radio play audio books. I own Redwall, and I constantly listen to the library's copies of Mossflower and Martin the Warrior. Actualy, my dad is listening to Redwall now....

Calantorntain
February 25th, 2003, 05:47 PM
I love the unabriged versons of them- I have Redwall, and have listened to MtW. It was spiffy to see how the songs go, and listen to BJ's voice :)

LadyBeelze
February 25th, 2003, 05:55 PM
hm...i've never listened to a audio book in my life with the exception of last year in my english class we listened to the first three chapters of Harry Potter and the goblet of fire. I have a strong feeling my library doesn't have redwall ones since they don't even have one of the books. I'll just stick to just good ol' "reading it yourself" theory

Calantorntain
February 25th, 2003, 06:29 PM
I read them too :p goodness, of course I do!

I want to get a Mariel of Redwall tape, so I can here the Wind's Icy Breath poem. *hopes they make one soon*

ferret1212
March 2nd, 2003, 03:33 PM
:confused:What is the difference between unabraiged and abraiged??:confused:

Darkhood_343
March 2nd, 2003, 03:42 PM
ferret1212
What is the difference between unabraiged and abraiged??
Hi new person.

Abriged is the book, but shorter and most little details left out. Unabrigded, leaves everything and says every word of the book, except for maybe a few "he saids" or "she saids".

LadyBeelze
March 2nd, 2003, 03:46 PM
Abriged is the book, but shorter and most little details left out. Unabrigded, leaves everything and says every word of the book, except for maybe a few "he saids" or "she saids".

hmmm i've always wondered about that

oh and welcome to the long patrol feret1212, hope you won't be scared away by the people here and stay.

ferret1212
March 2nd, 2003, 03:53 PM
ok Thanks

I've been hear awile,just reading. I decided to join.:p

Darkhood_343
March 3rd, 2003, 03:02 PM
ferret1212
I've been hear awile,just reading. I decided to join
Well that's good. You might wanna start a "I'm New" thread or something like that so people know your here.

Cornflower
March 17th, 2003, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by MoonShadow

You can always act it out yourself, burn it onto a CD, and then listen it. ;b

I haven't done that with any Redwall books, but I did act out an entire Fairly Odd Parents episode and burned it on a CD. Incase you're wondering, the episode was "Fairy, Fairy Quite Contrary". It was fun switching from voice to voice acting out the roles. Come to think of it, I may record a Redwall book on a cd.......;)

Calantorntain
March 17th, 2003, 07:37 PM
I like the ones they have though because of the songs. It is cool to know the melodie. I still have the Rambling Rosehip Players' song stuck in my head from MtW :p

Darkhood_343
March 18th, 2003, 01:07 PM
Yeah, I had the Redwall audio book with BJ and his son doing most of the voices it was kewl hearing all the songs.