PDA

View Full Version : Needle Time!

VanessaNB
February 5th, 2003, 05:38 PM
I had to get vaccinated today. Ack, I can't stand needles, and the fact some friends of mine had a very detailed discusion of what happens when there's a bubble...never mind. And after, they kept us for 15 minutes, to make sure no one fainted. One of the guys was in a seat right next to the window, it blew open and hit him on the back (it was one of those little rectangle windows that open downwards). The guy jumped out of his pants and sat there gripping the side of his desk, quietly suffering a heart attack.
The needle didn't hurt, but I still don't like them. Along with spiders and a list of other things. My father is scared to death of them, and he doesn't like hospitals either.
No one likes needles, do they?
Just to make this post special, I'll tell you of the adventures of Buddy....hmmm, it seems Buddy has done nothing intersting lately. Oh well.

Airemia
February 5th, 2003, 05:46 PM
What did you have to be vaccinated against? I got Hepititis (spelling?) shots in grade 7 and 8. Was that what it was? :confused:

dandin1
February 5th, 2003, 07:39 PM
The needle doesn't hurt at all, it's when they inject teh stuff in you that hurts, but you don't fell anything when they put the neddle in you, or after, because they send your arms to sleep (I couldnt find a better way to say it... I tough of using transquilizer, but that's not it...)

Lyrian Aryns
February 5th, 2003, 08:03 PM
I'm not overly fond of needles, either. There's just something distinctly disturbing about having a needle stuck in my arm... no idea how one would explain further... I also dislike having my blood drawn... when I was younger, my family was really big on going to this annual free blood draw thing which everyone, his brother, and her sister went to so there were always long LONG lines in which I'd be waiting for about an hour and... bah.

That's odd, Dandin... I can't remember ever having been given a local anesthetic for a vaccination. Or perhaps it's just me being forgetful, as the last time I received one was well over three years ago... but then agian, my memory isn't that bad...

Baby Rollo
February 5th, 2003, 08:12 PM
I get vaccines all the time 'cause I'm a likkle baby. I used to make a big fuss at first, but now I don't mind. It's routine to me by now. I'm used to the pain.

Red Draco
February 5th, 2003, 10:33 PM
I don't mind needles. I've been stuck by so many, I don't notice anymore.

The worst experience I had involved a huge shot of cortizone jammed into my kneejoint... /_\

VanessaNB
February 6th, 2003, 03:46 PM
Gah, what was it? Er, tetnus, diptheria, I think there was another, but I don't know. I could feel the prick in my skin, and I could feel another thing as it went out. My arm felt a little odd for a while, not numb, but funky. Now my arm is a little sore, just around my shoulder where it went in, but since it's up there I can feel it down my arm when I put pressure on stuff. I tried to open the patio door from my chair (I've perfected it into an art) to let Buddy out and I nearly keeled over:rolleyes: Not that Buddy noticed my distress, insolent Beastly Thing!

MoonShadow
February 6th, 2003, 06:40 PM
The last time I had a shot... was a looong time ago. I think I'm due for a shot this year or next year, since way back when in my "long" life, I remember my mom mentioning that that shot would be my last one till I'm 14.

They all hurt, except for the last one and the ones where I was too young to remember anything. ;b

dandin1
February 6th, 2003, 07:31 PM
The last time I had one was for menegitus(sp?) a month ago...

LadyBeelze
February 7th, 2003, 03:33 PM
i haven't had a shot since like when..i was a little kid and i can't really renember it at all. Though a year ago i got really sick with mono and had to go the hospital and the docter put a big needle in my left arm and got a blood sample, it wasn't that bad.

Airemia
February 7th, 2003, 04:02 PM
So they don't give you guys hepititus (spelling, again) shots in grade 7 and 8?

LadyBeelze
February 7th, 2003, 04:39 PM
no i didn't

VanessaNB
February 7th, 2003, 06:13 PM
At my school, you have to be given these shots when you're 15.
When I was about 5 years old, I had to get a needle, and I had to be bribed with a box of Oreos, and I still wasn't satisfied. That freaking hurt!

Darkhood_343
February 7th, 2003, 09:24 PM
I remember getting my shot when I was little and after it hearing that I wouldn't get another one for 10 years. I was happy. And then 10 years passed...