PDA

View Full Version : RIP RWTV (1999-2002). . .?

The Red Badger
February 16th, 2003, 01:37 PM
So, by now everyone should have seen the news. If you haven't, http://forums.longpatrolclub.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=333

It looks like after three seasons and thirty-nine episodes, the nail has been hammered into the RWTV coffin. Or at least a few of them, if not the final one. How does everyone feel about this?

It's time for nostalgia, too. What wound up being your favorite episode? Favorite adapted character? Favorite season? Favorite moment? What was your favorite memory regarding your viewing RWTV? Any fond memories?

If RWTV is, indeed, over, then we need to give it the sendoff it deserves!

Treerose
February 16th, 2003, 03:45 PM
Aah, that's sad. It was refreshingly different from other shows, but it also had the unenviable task of trying to please a legion of quick-to-complain fans...and overall, it did a really good job. I don't think many in the ROC (not here as much, thankfully :)) realize just how badly the series could have been butchered.

Favorite memory: the music. :D Definitely the music. Also reading Mr Procher and Mr Fernandez's interviews on the LP, reading Mr Procher's posts here, etc. They really captured the Redwall spirit.

Favorite character: I always liked Basil, wot wot. ;)

Hm... is there some American broadcaster we could write to, and ask them to finance the show?

Tree

~~~~

"When I am...completely myself, entirely alone...or during the night when I cannot sleep, it is on such occasions that my ideas flow best and most abundantly. Whence and how these come I know not nor can I force them...Nor do I hear in my imagination the parts successively, but I hear them at the same time all together."

~W. A. Mozart~

VanessaNB
February 16th, 2003, 04:26 PM
The show isn't dead yet, now all we need to do is find someone to finance it. *Not me*
And it'd be a shame to cut it off at MTW, there are children wanting to know what happened after! Like the One who is Obsessed.
As for favorite anything, I'd have to go through all the things I taped, because I enjoyed almost all of it. Why not, I've nothing better to do?
Fer now, I loved the music, I mean, who didn't? I also like how Basil, Cluny, Martin and Clogg came off, wot wot.

Slagar the Cruel
February 16th, 2003, 05:12 PM
I've heard. Geeze, it really looks like this is it for RWTV. Terribly sad. :( Of course, this means that the Soundtrack's chance of being made has been significantly lowered as well...

Yes, we do need to give it a a nice sendoff... I doubt most Redwall sites will. :\

Favorite Episode - sadly, I didn't see enough to be able to say for sure. I'd probably go with the one in where Matthias and co. are trapped by Slagar, though.

Favorite adapted character - probably Basil. Although Slagar was great, he wasn't that close to what I had imagined. Basil was.

Favorite season - Mattimeo. Hands down.

Favorite moment - when Slagar tears off his mask. Excellent scene as a whole.

Favorite memory regarding my viewing RWTV - seeing Brian Jacques introducing the show for the first time. I was so excited. :D

Lord Servone
February 16th, 2003, 06:37 PM
't is a shame... I really wish somebody would help produce it...its a lot better than a lot of the stuff they show on TV... It was good to see a quality tv show from this side of the ocean... I'll talk some more about all my favorites and such when I can see clearly again (I don't have my contacts in, fyi)

Favorites... well, my favorite line is probably still "You'll never live to grow oooooold!" by Clogg. It got the most laughs from me than anything else in the show... it was just the way he said it...
The best thing, though I do not really need to say it, was the music...until (hopefully not if) it's released on CD, I'll have to settle for the MP3 of the theme I found...

Favorite character: hard to decide...I'll go with Cluny and Basil. The way Cluny was portrayed was great (the animation, voice, etc.) I guess the same goes with Basil too... both were greatly done.

Jade the Warrior
February 17th, 2003, 08:13 AM
Hmm...looks like I found something to do on my vacation!

I'm not willing to give this up that easily. There has to be something we can do...Maybe a petition. If we get enough signatures, maybe we (Or I) can convince an American broadcast (That'll be easy, as I live in the USA) to give it a go...It would be really sad to leave off the show on Rose's death. Plus, I WANT TO SEE MARTIN WEILD HIS OWN SWORD, DARN IT!!!!

So, I have much work to do...Tootles.

~Jade, who refuses to give up this easily, and may write to BJ about it, as well, although that may not help any...

MoonShadow
February 17th, 2003, 01:53 PM
It's really a shame.... Even though I didn't like Martin the Warrior as much as Mattimeo, I still think they did a decent job on it, but it could have been better.

The music is wonder--I get chills up my spine every time I listen to it. It's fun!

As for favorite episode.... Well, I don't know, but the scene where Matthias places the shield into place, the moonlight hitting it and all, was really... just... sent chills up your spine. :cool:

I hope that Nelvana can find a suitable tv station for Redwall.

rowanoak
February 18th, 2003, 03:55 PM
It will be sad to see the show go; it would probably not hurt to try a petition or something asking for at least one more season. Now to my favorites:

1). Favorite episodes: I don't have a favorite for the "Redwall" series. For "Mattimeo," it is a hard choice, I liked the first two episodes and the last few episodes, and "To be a Warrior." For MtW, my favorites are probably "Felldoh's Revenge"(this is also the episode where Noonvale is seen) and "Rose of Noonvale."

2). Favorite adapted character: I don't have a favorite, all the characters, for the most part, I think were adapted well.

3). Favorite season: between "Mattimeo" and MtW.

4). Favorite moment: I agree that the scene where Slagar takes off his mask was done well; I think that whole episode was some of Tim Curry's best work in the series. Probably my favorite moment, however, is the Noonvale song in the last episode of MtW, which was done beautifully and was used well during the series IMO.

5). Favorite memory: the music. I hope we get a soundtrack despite the fact that we will probably not get enough people to sign the petition in time. I also enjoyed the character spotlight and the behind the scenes look at the making of "Redwall.

Jade the Warrior
February 18th, 2003, 04:56 PM
While I wait for the reply to my plan, I guess I'll tell you may favs, although I haven't seen Mattimeo.

Fav. Episode: For Redwall, it would have to be either "Sparra's Kingdom" or "Asmodeus". For MtW, it would be "Heroes and Fools".

SK was done well (That's the one with the sheild) and I like the way Cornflower acts when Matthias climbs up. "Matthias, oh you...you...you idiot!" And then when they try to 'rescue' him off the roof, and Abbot Mortimer tells her that Matthias is headstrong, her answer is "But not very strong in the head!". But it's cute the way she's all releived when he wakes up from his almost-drowning experience. Plus, this is also the episode that Matthias earns his title of "Crazee Mouse!", compliments of Warbeak.

"Asmodeus" was exceptionally well done. I loved the music and the way that Asmodeus was displayed...Especially when Log-a-Log is watching Matthias get the sword. "Matthias, please, come back! Ma-tth-ias!!" Plus, it's just a grand interpretation of the scene all the way around.

"Heroes and Fools" was just a good episode. I liked the battle between Wakk and Martin. Plus, I love it when they're climbing the mountian and Rose states "Mad cruel beasts...We'll show them!", to which Martin quietly replies "That's my brave Rose.". It's so cute!

Favorite Adapted Char: Um...I'm not sure, but Martin, Matthias, Basil, and Warbeak stick out. Although all are extremely well done, those four were exactly as I had pistured them from the books.

Fav. Season: Would have to be Mattimeo, even though I haven't seen it...It's my fav. because I'm not sure what it's like, so it's a surprise! I love surprises!

Fav. Memory: Just watching every episode for the first time...Then watching them over and over until you memorize them!

~Jade, who personally thinks that the saddest memory is the Noonvale song portrayed by Rose's spirit...

Martin the Warrior
February 22nd, 2003, 11:29 PM
What wound up being your favorite episode?

I'd say it's a tie between episode #11 ('Asmodeus') and #14 ('Slagar the Slaver'). Hard to pick.

Favorite adapted character?

Basil, hands down. I don't think another RWTV character even comes close.

Favorite season?

Hands down season two. The closest we'll ever come to a perfect adaptation.

Favorite moment?

My favorite moments, without a doubt, would be the tapestry closings for the episodes. They, quite simply, create an outstanding mood for the series and give it a sense of elegance. The one of Matthias standing at Methuselah's grave was very poignant.

Other notable scenes include the bit at the end of episode #39, of the ghostly voice of Rose singing "You will find me at Noonvale" as everyone parts ways. As much as I'd rather the series continue, I can't think of a better scene to cap off the series.

The end of episode #14 and the beginning of #15 (where Slagar drugged the Abbeybeasts) had wonderful direction and heightened suspense considerably.

The scene of the Redwallers confronting Ironbeak's soldiers in the Great Hall (episode #20, I believe, although I'd have to doublecheck) also had very good dramatics.

What was your favorite memory regarding your viewing RWTV?

Aside from seeing it for the first time? I'd have to say the numerous interviews I conducted will always be the thing I'll remember most fondly. From the first one with Jack Procher to the last one with Steve Roberts, they were experiences I'll never forget.

VanessaNB
February 23rd, 2003, 04:21 PM
Martin, how did you get a hold of all those interviews? I mean, how d'you contact the producers and so on for the interviews? As far as I can tell you're still with your parents, I think...
I'm still goin' through my inventory, now that they're through with Redwall, Teletoon is showing Mattimeo! Squee.

LadyBeelze
February 23rd, 2003, 08:40 PM
thats really sad, i was waiting for the fourth redwall season probably being mossflower but now it seems that its not happening anytime soon *sniff sniff* Maybe they'll find a american broad castor but i don't think an online petition will work, those never work no matter how many signatures you got on it.

What wound up being your favorite episode?: The last mtw episode, i just thought that was extremly cute/sad about rose *sniff sniff*

Favorite adapted character?: Basil Stag Hare of course.

Favorite season? Mattimeo

Favorite moment? I can't really choose theres just so many, while i found baby rollo extremly cute with his little lines or rose's noonvale song was extra chilling or when mitthias struck down Asmodeus with martin's sword or when they woke up to find all their little ones stolen by slagar the cruel or basil stag hare's funny antics...its just so hard to choose

What was your favorite memory regarding your viewing RWTV? Any fond memories? ? The Redwall opening theme song, its so memorable! Its one of those songs that makes you think about midevil time and swords and knights and such things..its the feeling i get when i read to the end of a trully touching fantasy book...do y'know what i mean.
Its also what made me find out about the redwall series in the first place so i'm especially fond because of that too

Darkhood_343
February 27th, 2003, 04:22 PM
1)Last eppy of MTW

2)Basil

3)MTW

4)Probably when Badrang fell on the sword.

5)When I first saw Redwall, while I was eating a bowl of a chili and I flipped to PBS and I saw it on. My jaw dropped.

Martin the Warrior
February 27th, 2003, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by VanessaNB
Martin, how did you get a hold of all those interviews?

Luck.

Okay, okay, in all seriousness: Luck. ;)

I mean, how d'you contact the producers and so on for the interviews?

Different for each individual. Some I came across the e-mail address of, afterwhich I contacted them; others contacted me; and even more I was simply introduced to.

VanessaNB
February 28th, 2003, 04:37 PM
Creepy. Er, lucky.
I wonder why Composer Guy doesn't post anymore? Guess he's busy composing stuffs.

LadyBeelze
February 28th, 2003, 08:19 PM
hmm...i wonder where Composer Guy is right now too

Glenner
March 1st, 2003, 11:52 PM
Unfortunatly I've only seen the first episode, so I can't give you a favorite scene. I'd like to see the rest of the show before I decide on one. But I can tell you the best thing about the show is the music. Its just....cool.:cool:
Oh yes, and from what I've so far seen, the best character they adapted was Basil.

Darkhood_343
March 2nd, 2003, 02:51 PM
Martin, who did you meet in person? Have you met BJ?

VanessaNB
March 2nd, 2003, 05:01 PM
I thought of something special and relevant! The first time I saw the show.
I was watching the "promotion" episodes on Teletoon, just flipping through the channels and I thought to myself: "rats!" This wasn't long after dear, hyperactive Dot and the geriatric, but still cuddly, Snuggles died, so anything with rodents in it would make me happy:rolleyes:
I'm very happy now. I might be allowed to get annuder rattie this summer! *pees her pants* I guess that means RWTV affected me somehow, don't it?

LadyBeelze
March 2nd, 2003, 07:05 PM
lol :p

Martin the Warrior
March 2nd, 2003, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Darkhood_343
Martin, who did you meet in person? Have you met BJ?

http://www.longpatrolclub.com/jacques.html

Darkhood_343
March 3rd, 2003, 02:07 PM
Wow, good idea staying after everyone left to get a picture Martin, I should of done something like that.

LadyBeelze
March 4th, 2003, 07:40 PM
i wish i would have been able to see bj on the tour but he didn't visit *sigh* utah.

Bagira_GoldenPlume
May 27th, 2008, 06:41 PM
y favorites:

1). Favorite episodes: From "Redwall" "Cluny the Scourge: Parts #1 & #2" "Cluny's Clowns" and "The Visitor." For "Martin the Warrior," my favorite ep. is "Felldoh's Revenge"(this is also the episode where Noonvale is seen and Rose's mom & dad).

2). Favorite adapted character: I don't have a favorite, all the characters, for the most part, I think were adapted well.

3). Favorite season: "Redwall."

4). Favorite moment: On ep. #1, when Cluny disguise his voice to act like a traveling begger; but the Redwallers are too smart to fall for it. And from ep. #13 when Cluny helds Cornflower hostage and Matthias saves her (I am old-fashion that way).

Abbot Peter
May 27th, 2008, 07:16 PM
y favorites:

1). Favorite episodes: From "Redwall" "Cluny the Scourge: Parts #1 & #2" "Cluny's Clowns" and "The Visitor." For "Martin the Warrior," my favorite ep. is "Felldoh's Revenge"(this is also the episode where Noonvale is seen and Rose's mom & dad).

3). Favorite season: "Redwall."

4). Favorite moment: On ep. #1, when Cluny disguise his voice to act like a traveling begger; but the Redwallers are too smart to fall for it. And from ep. #13 when Cluny helds Cornflower hostage and Matthias saves her (I am old-fashion that way).

Please do not revive old threads. The last post in this thread was from 2003. Please, do not revive old threads. Thank you.

Poncho D
May 27th, 2008, 08:06 PM
Cheer up, guys! There's always the movie: it's bound to be worth the three-year wait, though I would love to have seen how Gonff and Tsarmina came off.

Favorite season: Martin the Warrior, period. The most romance, the most violent battles, and the saddest ending.

Favorite episode: Felldoh's Revenge, the Noonvale one.

Favorite moment: #2: Matthias saving Cornflower in his skivvies. That was a riot. #1: Rose's Noonvale song at the end.

Favorite memory: I was talking to a friend of mine on the phone, and mentioned that it would be great if there were a cartoon of Redwall. He says "There is" and I said "You're ****'n me, right?"

Best-done characters: #3: Basil. #2: Rose. #1: Martin.

Lord Thunderpaw
May 27th, 2008, 10:48 PM
I don't think we should be posting here; the admin or the mods might get mad!

Just kidding, but I don't think we should post in older threads, especially 5 year old ones.