PDA

View Full Version : badgerlords

chupacabra
November 26th, 2005, 04:58 PM
Is there anyway to stop blood wrath? Is the a cure or can anyone stop a badger that has it? What about this thing I heard that MARtin's sword being shattered, I just have forgotten to be read Mossflower? "Snack myself real hard!" SO it the same sword that the BAdger Lord made for him out of a star? "Snacks myself agains really hard! Ouch!

Folgrimeo
November 26th, 2005, 06:37 PM
Well, a badger's not invincible even in Bloodwrath mode, I think Outcast proved that (I forget if he was in Bloodwrath during that time...). They can sure take a lot of damage and keep going though.

Martin's sword did break in Mossflower, early on (just look at the book's cover). Don't worry though, the sword must have been remade for Matthias to have found it later in Redwall. Unless Matthias was stabbing with a broken sword this whole time. Hey, a broken sword can be dangerous, just look at all those sharp points. Probably wielded like a broken glass bottle.

If I recall correctly, the sword that the Badger Lord made for him, to become known as "Martin's Sword", was not the same as the one he carried into Mossflower. The sword that Martin had in Martin the Warrior and carried into Mossflower belonged to his father. I don't think that one was called "Martin's Sword" even when Martin had it.

RockJaw_Grang
November 26th, 2005, 06:52 PM
Well as far as the sword goes the Hilt is the same but the blade is A new one It was broking in Mossflower and Boar Fixed with A new blade but the same hilt.

Bladeswift
November 26th, 2005, 07:20 PM
As far as I can tell the bloodwrath is just a bad temper/high level of testosterone. It's not really a disease. So the only way to "stop" it would be to calm down, but not many people would want to tell a hulking badgerlord-gone-berserk to settle down.

Barkstripe
November 28th, 2005, 09:27 AM
I agree Bladeswift. I tihnk that Bloodwrath is just like a mix of Crazy strength, being really mad at the enemy, mixed with a bit of adrenaline. I think that Badgers themselves can stop it also. (sory bladeswift if this is like the exact same as your post.)

Tesra
November 28th, 2005, 10:13 AM
Put them in cold water !

Josiah the Warrior
November 28th, 2005, 05:10 PM
Cold showers and coffee!:rolleyes:

As for the history of Martin's blade, he inherited it from his father, Luke the Warrior, and was known from thereon out as Martin son of Luke. In Mossflower, Tsarmina breaks the sword in a rage (all fear the mighty Tsarmina:D) and, intending to dispirit him, forces Martin to wear the broken hilt about his neck. After escaping, Martin goes to Salamandastron, hoping to enlist the help of Boar the Fighter. After spending the night in the mountain, Martin wakes up the next morning to find his sword fully restored, crafted from the unknown metals of a fallen meteorite collected by an observant hare. Thus forth, Martin son of Luke became Martin the Warrior, with his new sword named for him, not his father.

Swordmaster
November 29th, 2005, 11:44 AM
Yes, but after the Bloodwrath, they seem very weak for a while.

Urthstripe
December 2nd, 2005, 01:01 PM
Martin's sword did break in Mossflower, early on (just look at the book's cover). Don't worry though, the sword must have been remade for Matthias to have found it later in Redwall. Unless Matthias was stabbing with a broken sword this whole time.

It did. it was rusty and old. He kept the hilt and while he was at Salamandastron, Boar fashioned him a new blade.

Ferahgo the Assassin
December 2nd, 2005, 01:05 PM
It did. it was rusty and old. He kept the hilt and while he was at Salamandastron, Boar fashioned him a new blade.
I think Folgrimeo was attempting to not ruin it for him, as he obviously hadn't read Mossflower.

LordTBT
December 2nd, 2005, 02:13 PM
I think that Badgers themselves can stop it also

Debatable. The Badger does go completely berserk. I think it just wears off.

Warrier
December 2nd, 2005, 02:59 PM
as far as i know it wears off

Josiah the Warrior
December 2nd, 2005, 07:28 PM
Yes, but after the Bloodwrath, they seem very weak for a while.
Well they do usually take the beatings of their lives while suffering from it....