PDA

View Full Version : um... this is my first thread

matthias_fan
December 8th, 2005, 05:58 PM
I have a lot of questions about Redwall, for instance, why did Cluney the Scourage come on a horse. Did Mr. Jacques intend on putting people in the story? That's just one of the many many questions. Are there any other questions that people might have because I know that a lot of people on the forums could know the answers or someting simalar. Just to put a thought into everyone's mind. :hon:

Hisk
December 8th, 2005, 06:02 PM
Try putting this in the books section, as opposed to the general discussion section.

RockJaw_Grang
December 8th, 2005, 06:11 PM
Aye as Hist said these threads should be in the Bookshelf.

But as answer to your Questions..Well Redwall was kind of and Experiment it wasn't really meant to be published it was A made up story Mist Jacques did for the blind children of Liverpool England( If I remember Correctly) and redwall has some animals in it that aren't in other books such as. horses and beavers later in his second book he made many changes to make it better..And if formed in to what it is now.,

Josiah the Warrior
December 8th, 2005, 06:18 PM
Brian Jaques never intended for people to be in his stories, and they never will be because he feels that animals can more acutely portray emotions on a more black and white scale, rather than the veritable rainbow of feelings people are burdened with. As Rockjaw said, Redwall was never written with intention to be published; after BJ read it to children at a school for the blind, one of the teachers recognized the genius in the story and sent it to a publisher. Obviously it was a huge sucess, and, although the sequels certainly took their lead from Redwall, Brian honed them and molded them carefully and decisively (Redwall is the only book that sticks out, so he indeed uniformed his plots very quickly) leaving out several one-time appearances in Redwall, including but not limited to the horse and the beaver.

matthias_fan
December 9th, 2005, 05:07 PM
Didn't know that I should have put it on the Bookshelf. Thanks for the answers, now a lot of stuff makes sense. By the way, does anyone know who to move a thread to the Bookshelf? :hon:

Ember Nickel
December 9th, 2005, 05:09 PM
Didn't know that I should have put it on the Bookshelf. Thanks for the answers, now a lot of stuff makes sense. By the way, does anyone know who to move a thread to the Bookshelf? :hon:Become a SCRIBE.;)

matthias_fan
December 9th, 2005, 05:31 PM
Become a SCRIBE.;) How do you become a SCRIBE? :hon:

Bladeswift
December 9th, 2005, 05:41 PM
How do you become a SCRIBE? :hon:
Scribes are moderators. To be a moderator the administrator (Martin) has to make you one.

matthias_fan
December 10th, 2005, 12:39 PM
Thanks for the info Bladeswift. :hon: