PDA

View Full Version : Who is your favorite badger lord? which one would you like to read about next?

BladeLady Scourge
February 20th, 2003, 09:11 PM
my favorite one would be Russano the Wise for now. He's unique in the respect that he is a scholar and doesnt fight with a deadly blade, then theres Boar the Fighter because of his strong sense of destiny and tragic end touched me, Sunflash because he was sensative and a poet....ahh there are so many. Sometimes I wish Jaques would tell about them in greater detail.
There are some badgers Brian mentioned but never had made a story for (i.e. Urthrun the Gripper, Bluestripe the Wild, Spearlady Gorse)
I would love to see a story with Bluestripe the wild and Spearlady Gorse...bluestripe sounds cool and spearlady would be cool cause shes another girl badger lord, aside from Cregga.

MoonShadow
February 21st, 2003, 01:01 PM
Russano. (Go figure)

He has a cool weapon -- a stick! :D ;) Anyway, I want to hear more about his cubs!

BladeLady Scourge
February 21st, 2003, 01:58 PM
yeah. i wonder which cub will inherit salamandastrom?

Matthias of Redwall
February 21st, 2003, 02:40 PM
My favorite badger lord is Lord Brocktree of Brockhall...He is mighty strong!!! :cornflow: :cornflow:

www.redwall.org/dave/ sitemap.html

Martin the Warrior
February 23rd, 2003, 12:14 AM
My personal favorite is Sunflash, but the epitome of "Badger Lord" is and has always been Boar.

BladeLady Scourge
February 23rd, 2003, 02:12 AM
well, after all, boar did forge the blade of martin's sword! he's awesome!

LadyBeelze
February 23rd, 2003, 09:08 PM
i'd have to say Lord Brocktree is pretty cool and sunflash follows and my third favorite would be cregga just cause its cool to see some girl badger lords

Darkhood_343
February 26th, 2003, 04:10 PM
Beezl
and my third favorite would be cregga just cause its cool to see some girl badger lords
Don't you mean badger ladys?

I like Broctree. He could wail on all other badger lords and win. ('cept maybe Sunflash/Stripe)

Jade the Warrior
February 27th, 2003, 03:47 PM
My favorite Badger Lord would have to be Boar. He was just so cool...And, as stated, he forged Martin's blade! Plus, he was an expert swordsbeast himself, he taught Martin all about sword-play. Plus, he was just so noble and mysterious...I'd like to see a book about him, after Old Lord Brocktree died and he was alone in the mountian.

~Jade, who hasn't read about Lord Brocktree yet, but will soon...

Glenner
March 2nd, 2003, 12:56 AM
Favorite? Boar, hands down. Hes just...plain cool.:cool:
I think I'd like to read about Ceteruler or Bluestripe, or Spear Lady next....

Lyrian Aryns
March 2nd, 2003, 01:31 AM
Strangely, the Badger Lords have never been favorite characters of mine, and I haven't much of an idea why... :\ I'd probably say I liked Sunflash the best, though, just because... well... I dunno. I just do. :P

As for the second part, it's rather difficult to judge by names alone, but Ceteruler sounds cool, so, um... yeah. As we know very little about these 'prehistoric' badgers, it might be more worthwhile to brainstorm the sort of character we'd like to see rather than just picking names randomly. But, as I am unable to answer that particular inquiry at this time, I'll simply post this, and let someone else do the thinking...

Darkhood_343
March 2nd, 2003, 03:46 PM
Yeah Ceteruler does sound like a kewl badger lord to learn some stuff about, so I'd like to see him next.

Martin the Warrior
March 2nd, 2003, 11:10 PM
I'd actually never like to see the Badger Lords pre-Stonepaw explored (this ties into my Redwall Lore thread). There's this great sense of history they provide and to systematically showcase them in books would remove that unknown air to them. There are figures in history who, from a historical perspective, look like giants. But, at the time, were very very normal, sometimes flawed, individuals. Sometimes the stories of those giants need to be told-- as was the case with Martin and Lord Brocktree-- and sometimes those giants need to stay giants. Such is the case with Ceteruler, Spearlady Gorse, and Bluestripe the Wild, in my opinion.

Glenner
March 3rd, 2003, 09:34 AM
You know Martin, I can see where you're coming from. Telling their stories would ruin the special mysteries they have about them, and its nice have somethings remain a mystery.

Darkhood_343
March 3rd, 2003, 02:55 PM
I do too, but I would like to see maybe one or two Badger Lords/Ladys written about in a book. Then maybe I could have a new favorite.;)

Pennybright
March 3rd, 2003, 04:55 PM
I agree that it would kind of ruin the legand to hear about badger lords/ladies before Brocktree. I would like to read about what happened at Salamandastron between Salamandastron and TLP. You never really hear about it in Redwall or Mattimeo (except that Orlando the Ax went off to take his place there....)

LadyBeelze
March 3rd, 2003, 05:14 PM
the name "Bluestripe the Wild" intriques me for some reason but its probably for the best that not all the badger lords and ladie's stories to be told about.

Darkhood_343
March 6th, 2003, 02:30 PM
Me too. Makes me wonder:"Does he really have a BLUE stripe? Or is that his name for a special reason?" Bah. Guess we'll never know.

MoonShadow
March 6th, 2003, 07:55 PM
The Spearlady Gorse (if I'm right about her name) interests me, because badgerladys are so rare.... Well, its at least better than the fact that all U.S. presidents are male. ;)

VanessaNB
March 7th, 2003, 06:15 PM
Some of the Badger Lords had to be told about, others are just fine where they are.
I must admit, LB wasn't one of my favorites, as cool as Jukka was...

Martin the Warrior
March 8th, 2003, 12:24 AM
I found Lord Brocktree to be a letdown.

MoonShadow
March 8th, 2003, 12:10 PM
I actually liked Lord Brocktree quite a bit. Maybe because it was in a better condition than the rest of the Redwall books. :p

Songbreeze
March 14th, 2003, 09:33 PM
I liked Lord Brocktree and thought it interesting to hear more about where the name Long Patrol came from. My favorite would have to be Sunflash the Mace. Also Cregga Rose Eyes was pretty cool.

Darkhood_343
March 14th, 2003, 11:07 PM
Martin
I found Lord Brocktree to be a letdown.
How so?

Martin the Warrior
March 14th, 2003, 11:42 PM
From The Redwall Bookshelf: Lord Brocktree (http://www.longpatrolclub.com/bookshelf/lordbrocktree.html):

Lord Brocktree is yet another solid entry into The Redwall Series. Unfortunately, Brian did let some elements of his "mold" creep into the story, but not blatantly enough to dampen it. The book gives us a glimpse of Mossflower prior to, not only Redwall Abbey, but, the rule Kotir, as well. As a matter of fact, in a move that is unprecedented, Redwall Abbey is not featured in the book at all. King Bucko's Court was an extremely interesting place and I was sorry to see that Brian didn't explore it as much as I'd have liked. Brocktree also finds itself troubled by unfulfilled plot threads, such as Ungatt Trunn's fascination with spiders, which receives no resolution whatsoever. Ungatt Trunn, himself, also suffers from a lack of character development which was a shame since he was really promising towards the beginning of the book. This was a great read and a good Redwall book, but finds itself lumped in the middle of the series in my order of preference.

I simply expected more.

Darkhood_343
March 15th, 2003, 05:54 PM
Hmm, I would of liked to see more on Ungatts fasanation with spiders also.

Songbreeze
March 15th, 2003, 06:07 PM
Yes, Ungatt did have a fascination with spiders. And also with flies and rotting things....:eek: :)

Darkhood_343
March 16th, 2003, 12:18 AM
Yeah, what was up with that?

VanessaNB
March 16th, 2003, 03:39 PM
I suppose LB was pretty instranating, mostly because my cat likes to eat spiders. Rather odd, I think Weewee and Ungatt are related.
But there was something about LB that didn't quite satisfy me, like how Ripfang could live so long. If that's the real Ripfang...

Martin the Warrior
March 16th, 2003, 07:25 PM
According to BJ, he's not.

Nevermind that that makes his dreams completely irrelevant.

Cornflower
March 17th, 2003, 08:08 PM
My favorite Badger Lord would have to be Brocktree, because he made Salamandastron like it was with the Long Patrol and everything. I would like to hear more about Spearlady Gorse. It would be neat to read about the seasons at Salamandastron before Lord Brocktree came to the mountain. Perhaps maybe a book about Stonepaw(I think I got the name of Brocktree's father right) in his early seasons.

Darkhood_343
March 18th, 2003, 01:03 PM
Cornflower
I think I got the name of Brocktree's father right
Actually... I don't think Stonepaw was Brocktrees father, just the ruler before him.

Lyrian Aryns
March 18th, 2003, 06:56 PM
Actually, Dark, he was... And for once, I'm absolutely certain, seeing as I have the book sitting right in front of me. ;)

BladeLady Scourge
March 24th, 2003, 05:14 PM
yeah, i understand how telling the tales of those "prehistoric" badgers might ruin the element of awe and sort of dwindle their "larger than life" images. ::sigh:: but still, i'd like to read about them anyway. the curiosity kills me!

MoonShadow
March 24th, 2003, 07:53 PM
Curiousity tormented me for awhile after I read Redwall, as I was wonder what happened after and yada yada yada. Well, I got over it. Anyway, I don't want all of the tales of the past to be told, but at least some.... I mean, it would be interesting.... And a great read. :D

I'm losing control of my mind here. ~!

Keyla
June 13th, 2003, 11:35 AM
I'm not really sure who my favorite badger lord/lady is. I like the two guest appearances of Russano in "Lord Brocktree" and "(The) Taggerung", but I feel that though he has a good sense of presence about him in his small apearances I feel if he was made too central he would not be able to sustain the story as character develpoment isn't really that easy. I like the way Cregga and Sunflash have been shown to have several sides to their personality. As I have said before I would like to see of Cregga's life before "The Long Patrol", as it would give a kind of sense of her throughout her life from there to "(The) Taggerung".
With "Lord Brocktree" I have to say that I think that there was a lot of unrealised scope for character develpoment for both Lord Brocktree and Ungatt Trunn. I think, however, that Dotti is one of the best developed characters in the series.

Dannflower Reguba
June 13th, 2003, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Darkhood_343
Don't you mean badger ladys?

Don't you mean badger ladies? ;)

My favorite badger lord was Sunflash, if only because of Skarlath. *puts up shield of vegetable reflection* My least favorite was Boar. *cringes* ... ... ... Alrighty then. Oh, and I also didn't like Cregga. Boar because, even though he did forge Martin's sword, he just seemed TOO bloodlusty to me. He just had an angry air about him. And Cregga, well, true, I liked her much better after TLP, but...how can I put this...I think my feelings can best be shown by quoting Austin Powers 2. "Why won't you die!?"

Now, to go along with my Black Sheep routine, I would like to see stories concerning all of the past and MORE. Simply because I love having all the information possible. I relish in the thought of being a knowledge curator.

Don't anyone take this the wrong way, especially you, Martin, but I find it hilarious that everyone voiced an "aye" for past Badger Lords/Ladies, then you posted, and everyone completely changed their vote right away. Could it have to do with the fact you could ban them? Lol, I'm joking, of course. You expressed your opinion well, and it's only natural to "Follow the Leader".

Madd The Sane
June 13th, 2003, 10:43 PM
Mine: Russano. It shows that the best warriors can also have wisdom. Basicily I like (Admire?) people of high intellegence.

Lady Blaireao
July 10th, 2005, 02:04 PM
I really like Sunstripe, because he's unique, he's sensitive, and he's a poet,
like I am.
bye!
- Lady Blair :)

Mackinsie
July 10th, 2005, 03:41 PM
This thread is more than two years old. As a general rule of thumb, if there hasn't been a post in a thread in the last six months, please do not resurrect it. Feel free to start your own thread on the topic.

Pasque Valerian
April 3rd, 2006, 09:27 PM
I especially like Russano, especially since Russa was my all time fav character and
He was named after her.
I'd like to read more about Stonepaw, definately.

(Sorry about posting ex post facto, but I had to put my two cents in.)

chupacabra
April 3rd, 2006, 09:40 PM
Cregga rules. There should be more badger lords that are gals.

Ember Nickel
April 4th, 2006, 07:35 AM
Would that not make them badger ladies?

Kreeve
April 4th, 2006, 12:35 PM
I like Lord Brocktree or Sunflash.If I had to choose...Lord Brocktree:D

Bunnies & Rabbits
April 4th, 2006, 08:45 PM
Hmm..I really like Sunflash the Mace. I don;t know, there was just something about him that was so cool. Who knows, maybe it was his kestral, Skarlath.

I'd like to have a book focusing on or at least having Bluestripe the Wild as the badger lord. He sounds like he is pretty cool.

I think it is about time he bases a book on a badger again, there have only been two so far, correct? Brocktree and outcast?

LordTBT
April 5th, 2006, 03:22 AM
Yo, guys. 3-yr-old thread. Start a new one.