PDA

View Full Version : Mattimeo

Matthias of Redwall
February 22nd, 2003, 04:56 PM
Has any one know about Mattimeo's full name? :cornflow: :cornflow:

VanessaNB
February 22nd, 2003, 06:32 PM
I think it's Matthias Methusela Mortimer, or one of those combinations.
And please refrain from making one-line topics *wince*

Lyrian Aryns
February 22nd, 2003, 06:36 PM
If my evil memory serves me correctly, his entire name was "Matthias Methuselah Mortimer." Hence, Mattimeo. ;)

Gack. I think we really need a term for... After-posting? :\

Darkhood_343
February 26th, 2003, 04:48 PM
Nope, I don't remember his full title. I'm not even gonna check.

Jade the Warrior
February 26th, 2003, 05:12 PM
Yes, Lyrian Aryns and Vanessa are right. His full name is Matthias Methuselah Mortimer.

Personally, I like Mattimeo better:p

~Jade, who is going to check her other boards now...

Darkhood_343
February 26th, 2003, 07:20 PM
Oh, hi Jade. Where have you been? Mattimeo is better. And, didn't Matti name his kid Martin.

rowanoak
February 27th, 2003, 09:28 AM
Yes, Mattimeo was named after his father, Methuselah, and Abbot Mortimer.

I like the name Mattimeo too, because it sounds original; I never heard that name until I found out about the book.

Darkhood, yes, Mattimeo did name his son Martin, as suggested by his mom Cornflower and his mother-in-law Mrs.Churchmouse.

Jade the Warrior
February 27th, 2003, 03:33 PM
Yep, although he really was Martin II. That drove me insane, since I like to read at night and I got sooo confused sometimes when I read Martin in PoL because I thought it was talking about the original Martin the Warrior of Redwall, Spirit of the Abbey, but no it was talking about *Takes huge breath and continues* some other dude born much later who is bent on breaking Ublaz and his followers in two because they kidnapped the Abbot and he had a nsaky personality, not like Martin the Warrior, at all...Okay, I'm done.

Oh, BTW, Darkhood, I've been busy with Pit Orchestra, Band, Lessons, Full Orchestra, Volunteering Thingys for Marching Band, and visiting the other five message boards I go to, as well as this one.

~Jade, who never noticed how much she is involved with music...