PDA

View Full Version : rat finks

chupacabra
December 26th, 2005, 11:55 PM
i remember how their leader lost his tail and got killed even how the abbotessbyrony lost her teapot, but how did the others get kill? It didn't say only that the gavorrette was eating them and skipperwarnimg it not to return back to redwall, and saying the rats were easy kills? Maybe cuz they were young rats?

Badrang3
December 31st, 2005, 11:56 AM
It's never said what happens to the other four. Maybe thjey go to the place where all the other vermin who run away go.

rab streambattle
January 12th, 2006, 06:08 PM
probably to wreak more havoc...

LordTBT
January 13th, 2006, 12:17 AM
it clearly says they were all eaten by the gannet.

When in doubt, look in the book, or use amazon.com's search feature. Asking for minor plot details on a forum is ridiculous.

Badrang3
January 14th, 2006, 09:22 AM
Not all of them are necassarily eaten. We know that Groffgutt and twoo others are, but the fate of the rest of them is left up to the imagination.

RockJaw_Grang
January 14th, 2006, 09:31 AM
Aye they could have all gotten away to get killed by some mother rabbit or something..

rab streambattle
February 16th, 2006, 03:50 PM
your kidding
a mother rabbit...
try another gannet

saraba
February 24th, 2006, 10:36 AM
Not all of them are necassarily eaten. We know that Groffgutt and twoo others are, but the fate of the rest of them is left up to the imagination.

Are you sure?

it clearly says they were all eaten by the gannet.

When in doubt, look in the book, or use amazon.com's search feature. Asking for minor plot details on a forum is ridiculous.
I don't remember that happening.

Blaidd
February 24th, 2006, 10:37 AM
Are you sure?
I don't remember that happening.
Are you sure that it doesn't lurk in the back of your head somewhere? like in mariel EG

SpearladyThyme
February 24th, 2006, 10:46 AM
Tiria killed one, Skipper Banjon a second, and the gannet two more. The other four ran off to (presumably) be hunted down by the gannet.
IMHO, the entire subplot was rather pointless.

Blaidd
February 24th, 2006, 10:49 AM
i remember how their leader lost his tail and got killed even how the abbotessbyrony lost her teapot, but how did the others get kill? It didn't say only that the gavorrette was eating them and skipperwarnimg it not to return back to redwall, and saying the rats were easy kills? Maybe cuz they were young rats?
When was that in?

RockJaw_Grang
February 27th, 2006, 12:39 PM
Aye they could have all gotten away to get killed by some mother rabbit or something..

Whoa!
When did I post that?

chupacabra
April 14th, 2006, 05:17 PM
Poor skipper. He goes to tell off Tiria for letting those rats go instead of killing them and say she is immature for doing so. they would go and kill some good creatures which they do for revenge.Then Bryony tells him not to kill them because they are so young like her Veil.( not good) He wants to kill them and hestiates carrying out the order even though he knows the result. He even asks her the order which it is spared them because of their youth which results in her loss of her teapot. However, the rats all die mysteriously in a ditch by the abbey without any unknown murderer probably they killed each other. Tired of killing good creatures,i suppose, not much toofun either. Skipper is shocked at what has occur because that scavenger bird is eating them. It didn't kill them . It was easy prey for it since they were already dead. I hope Skipper remembers that Bryony is Veil's foster mother and she did go after him when he outcasted him convinced that Veil had some good in him and it would eventually come out one of these days. it did and she rejects it saying that he had an evil heart and never did a kind thing to any creauture in his life especially when he died and save her. Very unkind thing to do for REdwall to save Bryony... Or was Abbotess Merium's fault for appoint her abbotess, all because she barely realizes Veil was evil and about time she realizes some creatures can't help being evil especially the good in them comes through eventually even if they are evil hearted and can't help being evil only bend on death and destructive and violence. and remember this is after she did a lot of thinking, skipper beware. This is not someone who should trust. this is a creature that changes in mind a little to rapid and might act accordingly. She did that to creature she loved and raised and she couldn't help loving him that is the way she is. Imagine that. I wouldn't be surprised if she killed those rats herself. they were so much like her veil. Imagine what she would do to poor skipper.

Kreeve
April 15th, 2006, 08:09 AM
It wasn't the same Skipper:D