PDA

View Full Version : girls are as good as boys

chupacabra
December 30th, 2005, 05:58 PM
In the redwall books, there is a constant theme in them especially in Triss. However, if that was the case, then Triss should have been a sword maid capable of yielding Martin's sword into battle? Aren't girls worthy of using it or aren they not good enougth creatures or skilled like the boys or there is not enought evil swordwielding vermin girls out there so wouldn't be fair much for a good swordwielding maid!

Hisk
December 30th, 2005, 06:25 PM
That was a bit confusing, but since I am drunk right now I can forgive you.

If you're complaining about lack of good-guy girls then I don't see your stance. There's been tonnes as of late, with Triss and Tiria only being the last couple. I'd say overall that BJ has kept things quite even despite the story's "medieval" time setting.

As for the baddies, yes there have been a few of 'em that were female. In fact, there's one in just about every Redwall book, minor or not.

I'm still a little confused as to your point. *goes and drinks water*

Bladeswift
December 30th, 2005, 06:32 PM
That was a bit confusing, but since I am drunk right now I can forgive you.
That's funny. I'm sober, and I can't understand a word of it. Apparently intoxication makes inane statements make sense. One more reason to love alcohol.

Hisk
December 30th, 2005, 06:34 PM
No, I thought that my state of mind would effect negatively the sense of the paragraph. I was saying that if it didn't make sense to me it was probably caused by the liquid I had just put back. But if you say it's all Greek, I geuss I feel better.

LordTBT
December 30th, 2005, 06:43 PM
*cough* (http://www.longpatrolclub.com/editorials/093003_2.html) ;)

Hisk
December 30th, 2005, 06:46 PM
Once I sober up I will start of an editorial explaining how un-medieval Redwall is. *Oh geez I think I need to liy down*

Badrang3
December 30th, 2005, 09:36 PM
I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Triss did wield the sword and used it well. I guess the reason most female heroes don't use it is because they already have their own weapon. Ie Mariel's Gullwacker, Tiria's sling, Grath's bow, Cregga's halberd.

RockJaw_Grang
January 2nd, 2006, 01:40 PM
I am not quite sure what chupacabra is talking about but I guess that is normal..

Chelki Sureshot
January 2nd, 2006, 08:24 PM
*cough* (http://www.longpatrolclub.com/editorials/093003_2.html)Wonderfully written, TBT. I'm sure were all very proud of you. Hisk, it's very naughty of you to get drunk. Girls I think are prominent in the books and are tough. Remember Ranguvar Foeseeker from Legend of Luke? Rose to me was pretty wimpy, but there was Rowanoak to make up for it.

chupacabra
January 2nd, 2006, 09:04 PM
thank you.. I was drunk

RockJaw_Grang
January 2nd, 2006, 09:40 PM
You where drunk when you started this thread?

Ember Nickel
January 3rd, 2006, 02:59 PM
Rose to me was pretty wimpy...I disagree: Martin himself called her "the warrior who uses her voice" or something, and it took more than a wimp to try and save Grumm from fighting off Badrang with a ladle.Not that that wouldn't have been amusing.