PDA

View Full Version : martin worship

chupacabra
February 13th, 2006, 10:46 AM
Do they worship MArtin the warrior at redwall? It seems like it a bit?:lol:

RockJaw_Grang
February 13th, 2006, 11:09 AM
In some ways it almost seems like it but I don't think so.
He is just like a role model and founder of Redwall.

Chelki Sureshot
February 13th, 2006, 11:13 AM
Ehh, I don't think so. I mean, he only defeated Tsarmina, built an Abbey, and . . .lots of other good stuff. They put up a tapestry to honor him. It's just like we put up statues.

Bladeswift
February 13th, 2006, 02:38 PM
Revere would be the more appropriate term.

Swordmaster
February 13th, 2006, 03:20 PM
Perhaps admire greatly? Hold in high esteem? (insert term of endearment here)?

Folgrimeo
February 13th, 2006, 05:19 PM
(insert term of endearment here)?
http://www.dvdfever.co.uk/smallpic/termsend_s.jpg

I think Martin might be more than revered, since Redwall Abbey falls under a depression if the tapestry is stolen. It's as if Martin himself resides in that tapestry. But ever since he started visiting Redwallers as a ghost, I'm thinking maybe the tapestry isn't as "magical" as it used to be.

Of course, the Martin from "Martin the Warrior" and "Mossflower" seems quite a bit different from the all-knowing Martin we know elsewhere. Myths have formed since his passing.

It sure is cool to skip through time periods. When Martin's alive, sure he's a hero and all, but I don't think of him as being that much more heroic or perfect than Matthias or any of the others. Martin had temper tantrums. Luke's probably the closest thing to "larger than life". And then when skipping countless seasons forward to "Loamhedge", a few Redwallers look in an old book mentioning the times of Matthias and can't tell fact from fiction anymore. It's so old that it almost seem unbelievable the said events happened.

Chelki Sureshot
February 13th, 2006, 05:20 PM
a few Redwallers look in an old book mentioning the times of Matthias and can't tell fact from fiction anymore. It's so old that it almost seem unbelievable the said events happened.I think that's really sad.:(

Swordmaster
February 14th, 2006, 10:56 AM
http://www.dvdfever.co.uk/smallpic/termsend_s.jpg

Close enough.