PDA

View Full Version : Featured Topic (2/19) - Which episode would you nominate?

The Red Badger
February 19th, 2006, 04:59 PM
*jabs fists together* FEATURED TOPIC POWERS, ACTIVATE!

Howdy ho, Patrollers, and welcome back to *sinister music* MY WORLD! Muahahahahaha! :redsy

Ah, TV, my precious. It's been too long. Let us grab you by the bootstraps and pull you out of your stagnant phase back to the glory and heights you once knew as THE MOST POPULAR FORUM! :D

*ahem*

But I digress.

Welcome to the first Featured Topic for RWTV! :shades:

If you had to choose nominate one episode of Redwall for an emmy, which episode would you choose and why? Which is most emmy-worthy?

You have 39 episodes to choose from, so think long and hard. (If you need a refresher, visit RWTV's Episode List (http://rwtv.longpatrolclub.com/episodes.html).) Maybe it has a scene you particularly liked, maybe the direction was top notch, or the scoring sent it over the edge. . . which do you choose? Which do you think stands the best chance of winning? Above all, *WHY*?

Featured Topic Away! :cool:

chupacabra
February 19th, 2006, 06:17 PM
I love slagar the slaver. Bring on slagar.

Martin the Warrior
February 19th, 2006, 06:53 PM
Why? (That's the only way this discussion will thrive. Why do you love the episode "Slagar the Slaver".) ;)

chupacabra
February 20th, 2006, 10:42 AM
I have thing for evil bad guys like Slagar and Veil. :slagar

Folgrimeo
February 20th, 2006, 12:18 PM
I haven't seen the TV show, just screenshots and video clips, but I would nominate Episode 39: Rose of Noonvale.

It's not just that it had an adaptation of the final chapters of "Martin the Warrior", which had my favorite ending of any Redwall book, but that... well... it had an adaptation. I still think of the Redwall TV show as oriented towards kids, so I'm surprised that it would be willing to stay accurate to the book. However, there was one thing about the ending that I thought was a smart decision that almost made it better than the book:
Having Rose's song of Noonvale echo in the background. The peaceful song clashed so well with Martin's grief, being sweet, eery, and ironic all at the same time. Martin could never "come back to Noonvale again." It was as if the song was from an earlier happier time, saying Rose was waiting for Martin to return. It also helped that the song echoed, it was as if Rose's ghost was singing. I don't think the ending could have been adapted much better than this. That song playing in the background made a big difference.
Besides, I'm wild about Rose, so seeing any emotional moments between her and Martin was like seeing Wile E. Coyote catch the Roadrunner - a special moment in time where your wishes come true as something you've waited a long time to see (or thought would never see) finally plays on the TV. It feels like a once-in-a-lifetime event. Maybe Wile E.'s not the best example, but I can't think of any other long-awaited event on a TV show you're likely to know. I guess Mulder kissing Scully on the X-Files would qualify, but that was delayed so much that the event meant nothing when it finally happened.

Of the books Redwall, Mattimeo, and Martin the Warrior, MtW's ending was the most emotional for me. It helps that it was surrounded by the downfall of Badrang and supposedly Martin declaring his love for Rose, so that whole episode easily ranks as my favorite.

Ms.Chibimoon-daae
February 20th, 2006, 04:10 PM
Feel free to correct me, but if I remeber rightly, in episode 38:
(Setting: The stern deck of the Waterlily, about ten minutes before they shoot the rapids.)
Martin: I love you, Rose of Noonvale.
Rose: (paces before replying) Somehow, I feel I have always loved you, even before I met you, Matin the Warrior.
Me:Whoa. That part wasn't in the book. That rules! :D
Whichever episode that was, I nominate that as my favorite.

rowanoak
February 21st, 2006, 02:30 PM
I would nominate "Rose of Noonvale," it was well written, emotional, and the way the song was done was moving. There are at least serveal episodes of "Mattimeo" that would come in a close second, "Slagar the Slaver," and "To Be a Warrior" (to name a couple), both well written and the voice actors were great.

Blaidd
February 22nd, 2006, 10:30 AM
I liked Cluny's Clowns because of when cluny made his rats dress as clowns but i thought the psychic mouse was a bit odd...

Chelki Sureshot
February 23rd, 2006, 05:18 PM
I've only seen Redwall seeing as Mattimeo and Martin have not yet released in Region one, but from those, I would definetly say the 6th (I think) episode, because Basil in huge in in, they get the tapestry back, and it's just funny.