PDA

View Full Version : Would you support BJ taking more time between books?

The Red Badger
March 10th, 2003, 09:53 PM
No, this isn't the topic you're expecting. None of that "So he can bring the quality up!" crud. This is something else entirely.

Do you want BJ chained to Redwall or would you be willing to let him branch out even more than he already has? We've barely seen what he's capable of by way of Dutchman, I'd love to see BJ tackle different styles of storytelling. A mystery, maybe, or something set in the modern time.

This isn't about abandoning Redwall but allowing him a little more creative freedom.

Do we need a Redwall book every year?

Lord Servone
March 11th, 2003, 04:04 PM
Yes, I would be for him taking breaks between Redwall books.... it would be neat to see him try his hand at other types of writing... :)

Calantorntain
March 11th, 2003, 04:47 PM
I want him to do what ever he wants :D

dandin1
March 11th, 2003, 05:01 PM
Well, i'd like BJ to concentrate more on Redwall than other series. Chained? no.
But I do prefer a serie with more books than more series with less books. I can't really be sure because I didn't read the Flying Dutchman.

MoonShadow
March 12th, 2003, 12:08 PM
The Flying Dutchman was a great book, and I don't mind if BJ writes more books out of the Redwall series, as long as they're a good yarn. :D

VanessaNB
March 12th, 2003, 05:24 PM
Heck, if they're all as good as Redwall, I'll remove BJ from his Redwall typwriter and chain him to his Other typwriter.

Darkhood_343
March 14th, 2003, 10:13 PM
NO! He can do what he likes,as long as I get more badger.:D ;) :p

LadyBeelze
March 15th, 2003, 09:22 AM
As long as the quality doesn't go down i'm fine with a redwall book every year....but he could work on different series. Its all up to bj

Keyla
June 15th, 2003, 04:18 PM
The Redwall universe is fantastic and I don't really see the books running to the end of their line within the foreseeable future, but it is Brian's fantastic description and perhaps what is best described as charm that really brings it alive for me. Because of this I wouldn't mind him branching out at all so long as the idea is strong, which he is clearly doing at the moment. Although I can't him doing anything that suits his style better than Redwall I feel a bit of variety is always a plus. I wouldn't be too distraught if he took a year off Redwall to write something else so long as I have my annual dose of Jacques, though doing two in a year would be far better.
As to whether we need one every year I would say that I find it hard to imagine not wondering what this year's new Redwall will be like. I don't think I would need one every year to sustain my interest at all but by missing one year out it would double the pressure on the next one, double the tendancy to criticise and double the negativity that someone always manages to feel.
I see no reason to change one a hear as it appears it is still giving him time to do other projects also so there is no need for change at the moment.

Bankpetal
June 15th, 2003, 04:25 PM
REDWAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLL!!!

I suppose he could write another type of book but it would be nice if he stuck with redwall for now :D