PDA

View Full Version : Featured Topic (3/2) - Best RWTV Addition?

The Red Badger
March 2nd, 2006, 11:54 AM
Bah, day late. Sorry. :shades:

For many, one of the most infuriating things about RWTV is the completely original stuff. Parts of the show that have no basis in the book itself. "Redwall sans BJ". :cool:

Let's turn that concept on its head. What was the *best* addition to the TV show that wasn't in the books? What RWTV original section or plot point did you stop and go, "Oh, I really like that"? (Barring that, which did you find least offensive? :p)

Dithcuth. :redsy

Qlberts
March 2nd, 2006, 11:57 AM
Cluny ravaging Matthias' village. It gives him a little more backstory.

By the way, what was Matthias' sister's name again?

Folgrimeo
March 2nd, 2006, 04:34 PM
I haven't seen the Redwall cartoon, but I really like the addition of Wild Ivy. Even though I've only seen one picture of her, she looks great.

The Red Badger
March 2nd, 2006, 06:16 PM
Cluny ravaging Matthias' village. It gives him a little more backstory.

By the way, what was Matthias' sister's name again?

Her name was Myrtle (http://rwtv.longpatrolclub.com/reviews/episode1.html). 'tho it always sounded like "Meryl" to me, Martin went off of the closed captioning.

Treerose
March 3rd, 2006, 11:41 PM
Best RWTV addition to BJ's books? The music!! ;) For me, Jack and Daniel captured the essence of Redwall, echoing in sound what BJ has created in words and word-pictures.

So, ah, probably not the kind of answer you were looking for... <g> But it's been so long since I've seen any of the RWTV episodes, I honestly don't remember enough about the character/plot changes to make an informed, thoughtful answer. :o

Alas, for a Redwall soundtrack...

Tree

~~~~~~~~

- you have ever heard a wrong note in a performance of a piece by Berio, Boulez, or Stockhausen.

- you have ever tried to do a Schenkerian analysis on John Cage's 4'33".

- you feel the need to end Tchaikovsky's "Pathetique" Symphony with a Picardy third.

- you wonder why there aren't more types of seventh chords.

- you abbreviate your shopping list using figured bass.

- when you're feeling particularly prankish, you transpose Mozart arias to locrian mode

- your favourite pickup line is, "What's your favourite augmented sixth chord?"

- you got more than half of the jokes in this list

::snickers uncontrollably:: :lol:

chupacabra
March 4th, 2006, 12:12 AM
I suppose those whose added those additions thought they were necessary for the plot and thought Matthias needed a sister or that Cluney needed to destroy a village to make the series longer.

Badrang3
March 4th, 2006, 08:45 AM
Although I detest the majority of changes made to the book, I think having Asmodeus pop up more than often was a nice touch.

chupacabra
March 26th, 2006, 07:32 PM
I wish they made the outcast of redwall. that book needed additions. Maybe Veil will actually get spanked?

Constance2
March 27th, 2006, 10:16 AM
Maybe if they do Triss, Triss won't cry so much!

Chelki Sureshot
March 29th, 2006, 03:50 PM
My favorite added part was where Matthias had to go rescue cornflower from the water wheel thing, and he's like, "we had to rescue our mousmaidens" which to me means girlfriends. Then he blushes and stammers, and the spice merchant is like, "that's it, tell the girl how you feel."