PDA

View Full Version : Wrost villain

rowanoak
March 14th, 2003, 10:03 AM
Who was you think was/is the wrost villain in the "Redwall" books and why? Wrost in terms of badness, not badly written. Even though this is the book form feel free to refer to the TV show.

Primrose
March 14th, 2003, 04:56 PM
I think that Asmoudeus was the worst villian. Though he wasn't a main villian, Asmodeus was the scariest and the most cold-blooded :p (pardon the pun) of all the Redwall villians.

It's just the way Brian Jacques described Asmodeus' presence.
Like this part in chapter eight, book three.

"Look at me, my little friend. I can see that you are a great warior. You are not afraid to gaze into my eyes. Look at me."

The eyes seemed to expand and dialate untill they filled the whole of Matthias's vision. They dominated him. He could not tear his gaze away. Asmodeus continued in a persuasive undertone.

"See, they are twin pools of eternity. Sink into them and you will find darkness and rest."

Log-a-Log was completely hypnotized. Matthias, too, felt overcome by an emmense lethargy. The adder's voice was a cold, dark, green, velvet fog that threatened to envelop him.

VanessaNB
March 14th, 2003, 07:22 PM
Asmodeus and Cluny, and mebbe Ferahgo. They're all pretty intimidating. Not to mention I think snakes, rats, and mustelids are just cool.

Songbreeze
March 14th, 2003, 09:18 PM
I guess Asmodeous was a pretty bad villian even he wasn't on anybody's and didn't care who he ate. It seems that most of the bad guys don't care about their own crew and will kill those who mess up.

I think some one that really took plesure in murdering those who worked for him was Lord Ublaz. For instance hypmotizing them and making them think they're as light as a feather or a bird.;)

Darkhood_343
March 14th, 2003, 11:10 PM
SWARTT!!! He was soooo evil.

Lord Servone
March 15th, 2003, 01:12 AM
I'd have to go with Swartt to... he was probably the most evil of the villains in the books I've read thus far...at least in my opinion he is...

Songbreeze
March 15th, 2003, 01:19 AM
Oh yeah, I completely forgot about Swartt. Yes, I have to say that he is very evil.

LadyBeelze
March 15th, 2003, 10:26 AM
I'd say a tie between Ublaz and Swartt. Ublaz was just ...umm....cool, he could hypnotize people and make them do what they want. Now thats a skill i need ;) Swartt though was a true warlord, he had the brains and the skill.

Primrose
March 15th, 2003, 10:34 AM
Swartt, thought was a true Warlord, he had the brains and the skill.

Perfectly said, I agree totally. Swartt as very evil.

I think Asmoseus was the scariest. But who do you think was the closest to taking over Redwall? I think it was Ironbeak.

MoonShadow
March 15th, 2003, 12:31 PM
That... Mokug guy. ;b

DogWolf
March 15th, 2003, 04:07 PM
I guess Asmodeus wasn't that good...

Swart was very evil, though Feragho would be hard to beat in evilness...

Songbreeze
March 15th, 2003, 06:27 PM
I think that Iron Beak probably was the closest to have taken over Redwall because afterall he did take over most of the abbey and eventually even got into Cavern Hole. But in the end he got his.:)

How about the most scariest non-major villians? I'd have to give that to the Dirge Callers.:eek:

Madd The Sane
March 19th, 2003, 05:25 PM
Worst villan. Hmm... I really don't know of any villan that is worse than one another. Of course, it would have to be adders. they are all evil no matter what.

LadyBeelze
March 19th, 2003, 09:58 PM
non-major villians? Hmmm.....would monitors count? Anyway there so cool! I wish bj would have more redwall books with them in'em :cool:

Darkhood_343
March 20th, 2003, 11:33 AM
OoOo, Ermines! I want more Ermine! They are sooo evil.

VanessaNB
March 20th, 2003, 06:11 PM
You get ermine in every book. They're the same animal as a stoat, but for some reason people think they are seperate animals...Dirgecallers=Cool.

Goozy
April 12th, 2003, 02:22 PM
Not to revive a most likely outdated topic..

Monitor lizards were a fun race to see in play, too bad BJ doesn't use them more often. As for a main villain.. Asmodeus was a sweetie. I love him. :D

Darkhood_343
April 13th, 2003, 05:04 PM
A sweetie? Sure... if you call "I'll eat you then cush you then hack up your bones" sweetie.

Rillflag27
April 25th, 2003, 07:59 PM
I think the worst villain is Damug Warfang

JaeKay L M N O P
April 25th, 2003, 09:30 PM
I've only read Redwall, Martin the Warrior, Mossflower, Mattimeo, and Mariel of Redwall.

Scariest:

Asmodeus

Worst non-major villain:

Asmodeus

Closest to taking over Redwall:

Ironbeak

Worst Major Villain:

Cluny, by a hair, they're all very simialar though. They all go insane in the end. They're all cruel. Tsarmina was funny :D .

Cornflower
April 28th, 2003, 03:26 PM
I think the worst villian was General Ironbeak. I mean, he was the one character who was closest to actually taking over Redwall. And he also took Cornflower :cornflow: , Mrs. Churchmouse and Rollo hostage and was going to throw them off the Abbey roof!

Martin the Warrior
April 29th, 2003, 12:30 AM
Cornflower
I think the worst villian was General Ironbeak. I mean, he was the one character who was closest to actually taking over Redwall.

You forget that Cluny actually succeeded in taking over the Abbey. Granted, it wasn't for very long, but he was in control there until Matthias returned. :)

VanessaNB
April 29th, 2003, 05:13 PM
Is that another Cluny-person I see? Feh, I think he's cool.

Darkhood_343
April 29th, 2003, 09:14 PM
Hey, your right Martin...

The Red Badger
May 1st, 2003, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Darkhood_343
Hey, your right Martin...

Why are people always so surprised? :confused:

:D

Darkhood_343
May 2nd, 2003, 12:31 PM
reds
Why are people always so surprised?
I wasn't surprised, just stating the oubvious. Which I'm known for.

true_redwaller
May 2nd, 2003, 03:27 PM
I wasn't surprised, just stating the oubvious. Which I'm known for.

Didn't Martin post the obvious this time? :)

Slagar the Cruel
May 2nd, 2003, 04:22 PM
I wasn't surprised, just stating the oubvious. Which I'm known for.Hey, you're right, Darkhood...

;)

LadyBeelze
May 2nd, 2003, 06:33 PM
wow, i forgot that cluny had redwall for a bit too. *feels stupid*

JaeKay L M N O P
May 2nd, 2003, 08:30 PM
Yeah, your right. There is too much coinsidence in Redwall. Someone always magically comes to help when another is in trouble. What should have happened is Cluny takes over, locks them all in a room for about three days, and than Matthias and co. come marchin back. That would be way more realistic.

Darkhood_343
May 2nd, 2003, 09:29 PM
Slagar
Hey, you're right, Darkhood...
As always... ;)

MoonShadow
May 3rd, 2003, 10:04 AM
True, Cluny was extremely nasty and he did manage to capture Redwall, but to think that the Redwallers actually let him into the Abbey... is a bit unheard of in other books. Anyway, in many other books, the fighting seems to take place outside of Redwall.... I'd say that the Redwallers had the toughest time with Cluny. (But Mokug was willing to kill his fellow brothers and sisters... but then, all of them were willing to do that.)

RockJaw_Grang
October 5th, 2005, 07:42 PM
I am Makeing A spoiler so that people that havent Read Rakkety Tam whont Be spoiled

I think That Gulo The Savage WAs the meanest Badguy But not the smartest

Cheesethief
October 6th, 2005, 03:55 PM
Well done with the spoiler, but generally we do not restart threads that are over six months' old. Just a tip.

RockJaw_Grang
October 6th, 2005, 04:31 PM
Oh sorry I didnt even look at the date.Next time il look closer

Meetevae
May 10th, 2007, 12:44 PM
One's which struck me as being especially so...

Slagar, Malkariss and Nadaz all from the same book!

Vilu Daskar.

Tsarmina killed Verdauga!

Klitch is even more unlikeable than Feragho though in a similair way, but he doesn't feel even semi attachment for anything or anyone (Feragho went easy on him despite his rebelliousness).

Asmodeus is really cold blooded.

I agree with some of you about Swartt Sixclaw... even though he was not well spoken.

Folgrimeo
May 10th, 2007, 05:40 PM
Gulo, for his eating habits.

Barkstripe
May 10th, 2007, 07:32 PM
Meetave. Please stop bringing up such old threads.

Anyway, Asmodeus.

Warthorn
May 11th, 2007, 03:56 AM
Asmodeus, I agree about all the comments above about him. Also any of the Wearets.

Janglur Swifteye
July 7th, 2007, 12:57 AM
Meanest main badguy-Gulo the Savage

Scariest side guy-The painted ones. They were pretty creapy in my opinion, and second of all what are they? The T.V. Series made them look like lemers but I thought they were some sort of wild Ferrets or Weasles.
I didn't pick Asmodeus because that snakes don't bother me. It's just a thing. (or mabey its the black racer nest in my yard?) meh who cares!

Bloodbathinsaneotter
July 18th, 2007, 05:43 AM
gulo! he eats them!