PDA

View Full Version : Soundtrack Petition

LordTBT
March 29th, 2006, 05:19 AM
http://www.petitiononline.com/rwtvost/

It has roughly 2000 sigs. What happened to this Martin?

Chelki Sureshot
March 29th, 2006, 03:48 PM
Martin said we needed 4000, and then he would send it in.

Martin the Warrior
March 30th, 2006, 08:01 PM
We didn't hit the target in time to do any good (in fact, we have yet to hit the target). Redwall, for all intents and purposes, is a dead property to Nelvana. We had only a slim chance to begin with-- now it's virtually non-existant (unless through some twist of fate the DVDs reignite interest... very doubtful).

LordTBT
April 2nd, 2006, 07:25 AM
Ah, I see.

I'd like to take this moment to celebrate the fact that I have caught Martin making a very grievous spelling error.

Non-existent is spelled with an e, not an a.

rowanoak
April 2nd, 2006, 09:17 AM
I knew we didn't have enough singutures in time, too bad, though if all the episodes end up coming out on DVD it would make up for it (for me anyway).

Baby Rollo
April 4th, 2006, 05:23 PM
Ah, I see.

I'd like to take this moment to celebrate the fact that I have caught Martin making a very grievous spelling error.

What you say? He spelled it rite

Chelki Sureshot
April 4th, 2006, 06:20 PM
**gasp** Martin, how dare you!

What you say? He spelled it riteYou are mispelling that on purpose, right?

Ember Nickel
April 4th, 2006, 06:26 PM
You are mispelling that on purpose, right?You too? (message too short)

Chelki Sureshot
April 4th, 2006, 06:27 PM
Whatever I mispelled, (sp?, then) no.

RockJaw_Grang
April 5th, 2006, 11:32 AM
Whatever I mispelled, (sp?, then) no.

You misspelled misspelled.
And I will guess that Rollo misspelled Right on purpose.

Chelki Sureshot
April 5th, 2006, 04:43 PM
Darn it. It looks wierd with two s's.

Probably he did.

Hisk
April 9th, 2006, 08:34 PM
Spelt is spelt with a "t".

Bladeswift
April 9th, 2006, 08:53 PM
I feel like a nature watcher observing nerds in their natural habitat...

Just kidding! Put down that frying pan!

Ember Nickel
April 10th, 2006, 07:17 AM
Spelt is spelt with a "t".Only in Canad(i)a. Or maybe the UK.

Hisk
April 10th, 2006, 01:04 PM
Only in Canad(i)a. Or maybe the UK.
You mean like skinny people?

I feel like a nature watcher observing nerds in their natural habitat...
Nah. Gotta go to a Furry or D 'n D convention for that.

Ember Nickel
April 10th, 2006, 02:35 PM
You mean like skinny people?Like how people insult Canada by calling it "Canadia".

Hisk
April 10th, 2006, 04:30 PM
That doesn't make sense.

Unlike your crack, mine actually had wieght to it.

Ember Nickel
April 10th, 2006, 04:44 PM
It wasn't an insult, it was a statement.

Hisk
April 10th, 2006, 04:44 PM
Just as mine was.

Ember Nickel
April 10th, 2006, 05:20 PM
I am so not getting this. :confused: Over here we don't spell *insert past tense of spell here* spelt, we spell it spelled. That was the point I was attempting to get across.

Hisk
April 10th, 2006, 05:29 PM
I realise that. I only started cracking on Americans because you spelt "Canada" wrong.

Ember Nickel
April 10th, 2006, 06:40 PM
The parentheses were my attempt at humor.

Hisk
April 10th, 2006, 06:50 PM
It failed.

Ember Nickel
April 10th, 2006, 07:25 PM
As do most of them.

Chelki Sureshot
April 23rd, 2006, 07:20 PM
Like how people insult Canada by calling it "Canadia".I thought it was funny. Here we don't like Canadians very much, because they clog up the ski slopes. I say Canadia all the time, and I rarely say Canada any more.

Anyway, back on topic, isn't there some sort of program you could put on the comp that would take all the sounds and words out of the DVD, leaving only music, and you could put that onto a disk?

Hisk
May 17th, 2006, 07:43 PM
I thought it was funny.
That's because you're not Canadian.

Anyway, back on topic, isn't there some sort of program you could put on the comp that would take all the sounds and words out of the DVD, leaving only music, and you could put that onto a disk?
There's no point. The MP3 files already exist on the internet.

Rhio2k
May 20th, 2006, 01:19 PM
Really? Where? Cuz I would love to have the intro theme without any voices or sound effects, as well as the tune from the final part of the last Mattimeo episode right after the epilogue and invitation to Redwall from Tim Churchmouse.

Oh, found a (maybe THE) place...Cornflower has a nice theme tune...

http://danielfernandez.com

Ratty
May 24th, 2006, 08:54 AM
did you see this link?
http://www.jackprocher.com/
musik from TV series;)
but i did't find my favorite:(

Rhio2k
May 28th, 2006, 11:03 PM
What the-?...both our links go to the same page lol

Folgrimeo
May 29th, 2006, 01:39 AM
*speechless* ...19 Redwall songs!? Geez... talk about your amazing finds, and, uh, great that they're online in the first place.

*listens to them* You know, I've never really listened to "background music" from shows on its own, but I can tell there's something special about Redwall's music. The music just sounds rich (my definition of that is, apparently, instruments with reverb or echo. Plus, a distinct pattern to it that sounds more like it belongs to a movie). I think the music fits the mood of Redwall and the distinct majestic sound to it brings it a few notches above the usual musical fare I hear from those kinds of shows.

There's really only two tracks that really stand out for me (I'm not including Rose's song of Noonvale since it's not on there and it wouldn't count anyway), and they're a tie for first for me. Redwall_Flight, from the Action/Thriller category, and Redwall_MedievalAdv, from the Adventure category.

Redwall_Flight is strong on its own being an action tune, but the few "happy" bits and frequent rises in power were what made me enjoy it so much, leading me to believe this belongs to an intense chase scene (well, geez, "Flight" says it all, but it sounds like there's a ton of obstacles for them along the way). The rich sound common to Redwall's music makes it even better. I was flipping out in joy once I saw that the title of this track was "M.T.W. Adv" - perhaps this is from the third season?

As for Redwall_MedievalAdv, since I go crazy for anything with a flute-sounding instrument in it, I practically go into a trance when the notes of the flute start dancing. It's a catchy little melody. My favorite part of this song is from 1:06 to 1:30, and it's not until 1:18 that a strong beat comes in, making it that much better.

*goes ahead and posts this because I got distracted reading Long Patrol interviews on the writers of the Redwall TV show... which got me really interested in Season 2 as a result*

Tiger64
May 30th, 2006, 04:50 PM
Desparate attempt but I tried looking up any Redwall songs on MSN music and I got nothing...oh well, but I did get recent info from Nelvana that they plan to make a Redwall Movie (big screen) so maybe that could spark some interest back into a Soundtrack...

Martin the Warrior
May 31st, 2006, 08:14 PM
oh well, but I did get recent info from Nelvana that they plan to make a Redwall Movie (big screen) so maybe that could spark some interest back into a Soundtrack...

Would you mind sharing where, exactly?

Tiger64
June 1st, 2006, 07:09 AM
I wrote a letter to Nelvana and directly asked whether or not they plan to make a season 4...and a bunch of other questions...anyway, they said right now they have no plans to do that but they did say that they're talking with Brian Jacques a about a big-screen movie...though they didn't say which book they would make the movie of...I also got a free Redwall VHS!! I already had Season 1 so it's kinda pointless...