View Full Version : New Mossflower cover

LordTBT
April 28th, 2006, 02:09 AM
http://redwall.wikia.com/wiki/Current_events

Voila. (See link for details).

http://redwall.wikia.com/images/6/66/Newmoss.jpg

Tesra
April 28th, 2006, 05:05 AM
Great ! :) But the lake is inside Kotir.

Constance2
April 28th, 2006, 09:01 AM
That looks like it could be after the flooding.

Folgrimeo
April 28th, 2006, 11:50 AM
Whoa, what a wonderful blue tone... while each new cover amazes me with the vast realistic-looking backgrounds in a pronounced color, I still can't get used to the strange-looking emblems on each one. They just had to mess up on a wildcat. Though I'll admit that every one of these new covers will be consistent in style; every emblem looks about the same too. The Mattimeo cover is still my favorite for its background (Martin the Warrior's cover should be mentioned for having a breathtaking Redwall Abbey at sunset), but this one's visually striking too.

However, the books seem to be taking on colors that are different from the original paperbacks. Originally Mossflower was green, Mattimeo was blue, and Martin was gold. Now, Mossflower is blue, Mattimeo is green, and Martin... ok, that one hasn't changed. Just hope Long Patrol doesn't end up being gray or something, though Long Patrol should be interesting since there will have to be a hare on it. And if Pearls is being re-released, there should be an otter on that. I forget if the original Redwall is being re-released.

LordTBT
April 28th, 2006, 11:53 AM
Other covers we are expecting:

Salamandastron, Redwall, The Bellmaker, Legend of Luke, The Long Patrol, Lord Brocktree

Ferahgo the Assassin
April 28th, 2006, 01:02 PM
Awesome - definitely my favorite of the new covers so far. Tsarmina's profile is very well done (and actually looks like a wildcat), and the blue tone, with the reflections and Kotir in the background, looks really cool.

Since 2/3 of the new covers so far depict the main villain, I remain very hopeful for Salamandastron's cover. ;)

[Edit] Check it out, this is my 35^2 post. </random nerdy observation>

Constance2
April 28th, 2006, 03:21 PM
The lens flar or whatever you call those cirles look Photoshoped. :p

Chelki Sureshot
April 28th, 2006, 08:53 PM
**claps for Ferahgo** That is definetly the best one so far, and that blue is absolutely gorgeous. The lake is kinda huge and the castle was more destroyed than that. . .but I'll live. I can't wait to see what Lord Brocktree will look like.

chupacabra
April 28th, 2006, 09:14 PM
It is very good.

Badrang3
April 28th, 2006, 10:02 PM
Showing the lake around Kotir is a bit of a giveaway, but the cover is cool.

Qlberts
April 29th, 2006, 02:40 AM
I prefer the old cover, but I can live with this one.

Rolinko
May 1st, 2006, 11:15 PM
These new covers for Redwall (not to mention the Deptford whatevers in the other forum) remind me of the cover of a book released a whole 12 months ago:
http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/0552551872.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Lady Blaireao
May 2nd, 2006, 07:18 PM
these new covers certainly are eye catching. they get points for interesting design/colors. i like the old mossflower one, though.

-lady blair