PDA

View Full Version : Spring has Sprung!

VanessaNB
March 21st, 2003, 05:02 PM
Today is the first day of spring! *dances* And it entered with a bang. Literally.
We were sitting in english, it was already raining, now it was starting to pour . Then we saw a pretty flash, and Tyler took no notice, then, *bang* a huge rumble of thunder and he jumped like he's been blasted with a couple hundred volts. The teacher returned from something or other, and realized it was thundering (and lightning). She got all nervous and closed the curtains'n' so on. We hit our deduction: she's scared of thunderstorms. "Duh!"
Anyone else got a First Day of Spring stories?

Mackinsie
March 21st, 2003, 05:17 PM
Pretty nice weather where I live today. Not too hot... not too cold... :)

LadyBeelze
March 21st, 2003, 07:12 PM
spring has sprung you say? Where? *looks around* Its so cold outside and theres a bitter wind every day and its started snowing ocasionally ever few days. Still seems like a bit of winter to me

Pennybright
March 21st, 2003, 07:12 PM
As usual... stuck in school watching Toy Story in spanish and "Bill Nye the Science Guy" in science. Now I'm free! One week of Spring break. It still is kind of chilly out, though.

MoonShadow
March 21st, 2003, 07:45 PM
...I woke up this morning, extremely tired, since I spent a bit too much time wasting time cleaning up a JPG image by hand (on Paint) so I stayed up finishing a lab. I've could've tried cleaning it up on PhotoHomeDeluxe, but it's a perfect time waster for me. I need those for "brief" breaks while doing homework. And I didn't even finish all my homework. Well, I got my 2nd lab done in math, since the geometry proofs were relatively easy for me, and I finished early. And on the way to the bus, it was somewhat warm, and damaged my coat (yes, COAT) zipper again because of my stupid locker.

Yes, and on the announcements today, the morning announcer person (who happens to be a home ecc teacher--surprise surprise!) said it was "a B day and the first day of spring", while my science teacher was like "no it's not!". Then, the announcer person said, "Oops! Sorry, it is an A day and it's still the first day of spring", while my science teacher is like "no it's not! Spring begins at 8 pm" or something like that (don't know if it's yesterday or today at 8, since the radio said "yesterday"). That's all, kiddies.

Lyrian Aryns
March 21st, 2003, 08:05 PM
We had no school today... *leans back and relaxes* The weather's been reasonably mild as of late. But now it's raining. Blech.

It doesn't get more interesting than that. :p

Furrtil
March 21st, 2003, 11:19 PM
It was approximately 60 degrees or so, and that is so hot for this winter, that my friend and I wore tank tops and shorts and played badminton (very horribly) outside barefoot and made lemonade. It was tropical! ;)

Darkhood_343
March 22nd, 2003, 06:50 AM
Great whether over here. More sunshine today...

VanessaNB
March 22nd, 2003, 05:54 PM
To make up for all that rain, we had a perfect second day of Spring. Apparently it's gonna stink again tomorrow, so, be happy.
Quite warm today, at least in the morning. Then got all chilly...Darn weather.

Martin the Warrior
March 22nd, 2003, 08:45 PM
The weather has been something of a quandary here. We got about a week of perfect spring weather, rather warm with cool breezes, followed by a week with winds that chilled you to the bone. Now it's something of a middle ground. Too hard to predict (not that weathermen do that great a job anyway. ;)).

Far too many people here jumped the gun and planted flower beds during that warm week, though. The plants promptly died the following week.

Darkhood_343
March 23rd, 2003, 02:10 PM
The weather is awesome today... and that's why I'm upset. I'm sick and everyone in the neighborhood is comin' over. A lady to fix the comp in room, my anime obbsesed friend, all my sisters friends, my anime obbsessed frineds parents, and, my anime obbsessed friends sister and brother. Curse you good weather! Did I just say that?

MoonShadow
March 24th, 2003, 08:15 PM
I played badminton yesterday, and today. I wasn't wearing shorts or a tank top either. I was wearing pants though. :p It felt good to play badminton again, because I hadn't played all winter due to weather reasons. And now I've decided to not play lacrosse in school.

Rachael_Otter 281
March 25th, 2003, 12:49 PM
So far its been good weather. Its been like 68 69 degrees but it seems hotter out. Today its not that bad, but its still kind of cold.