PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying Forum?

Lady Terra
March 28th, 2003, 06:01 PM
Ok i know i know i've asked this a billion and one times but either the thread is moved, or i cant find it or somethin. Why don't we have a roleplying forum here? I think it'd be cool.

Last time. i swear :p

LadyBeelze
March 28th, 2003, 08:42 PM
i'm a role playing addict, i'd like to see a role playing forum here. Plz Martin *shows puppy dog eyes*

Mackinsie
March 28th, 2003, 08:57 PM
As Martin has said many times, The Long Patrol is a fan club, not an RP club. An RP would be a significant drain on Martin and the Scribes. You wouldn't want drained Scribes would you? ;)

Baby Rollo
March 28th, 2003, 10:57 PM
Yeah role playing is fun.

Father: Son, about time you got here. Where have you been?
Son: Just partying with my friends dad.
Father: What's this that I found in your backpack?
Son: Dad, I can explain...
Father: Son, you need help. Come on, let's sit down and talk.

Oh wait, you mean the other kind of role-playing. The kind where you dress up and fight each other. Those things are weird.

VanessaNB
March 29th, 2003, 06:19 PM
Nah, that's baaad. Drained SCRIBES I mean;)
An RP would be fun. I don't have much skill, but Hey. Hey is now my official word.

Lady Terra
March 29th, 2003, 06:20 PM
oh i see. =/ but istill think it'd be cool.. i dont think it'd make a difference to it being a Fan Club b/c it is redwall-based characters we'd be playing. -shrugs-

and what do you mean by drain?

LadyBeelze
March 29th, 2003, 07:10 PM
okay, i guess i don't want the scribes to be drained but still most of my regular roleplaying boards are starting to become inactive...*hungers for roleplaying*

Darkhood_343
March 29th, 2003, 09:06 PM
Drained SCRIBES would not be good, no. And if you really wanna RP, there are forums for doing that, no?

Airemia
March 29th, 2003, 09:46 PM
If you guys really want to RP that badly, you could always set up your own on another forum. ;)

Darkhood_343
March 29th, 2003, 10:17 PM
Jah. What Air said is true. I might just set one up on my forum...

Calantorntain
March 29th, 2003, 10:21 PM
*Calantorntain enters, wearing a large dark green cloak that makes her look scary, powerful, and importand. She also carries a large staff, which is usefull for whacking*

*Says in a booming voice*

If one desires RP, one must venture to another place. Twould be good, as it would encourage many to travel to unknown lands, explore new places, and make new friends.

*Walks away, her cloak billowing impressivly, till the fan over heads and explodes, showering sparks all over the place (but not cetching anything on fire) which is much cooler than the blowing cloak*

Darkhood_343
March 29th, 2003, 10:28 PM
Heh, reminds me of Raistlin...

Airemia
March 29th, 2003, 10:39 PM
A grey and white mousemaid struts into the room in an important manner. She is clad in a black trenchcoat, and a pair of eyeglasses. Paws akimbo, she glares at the beasts gathered, and clears her throat. "I am Airemia," she says in a condescending voice. "And my will shall be done." She brings forth a frying pan, and moves to make a smooth run forward, but she trips over the hem of her trenchcoat and falls flat on her face, frying pan sliding across the floor and crashing into the wall, glasses bent out of shape. "Ugh..." she groans, and she shakily gets to her feet. "That'll teach me to act dramatically OOC!"

:p Sorry, couldn't resist. I never roleplay, actually.

Slagar the Cruel
March 30th, 2003, 12:25 PM
Slagar walks in undescriptively. "Yeah, there are other places you could go to RP. The LP's just not an RPing place, y'know?"

VanessaNB
March 30th, 2003, 05:15 PM
Vanessa stomps in and points an accusing paw at Airemia, then hollers: "You stole my trenchcoat!"
Actually, I remember when you couldn't decide if you were a grey or brown mouse, and I was a fox in a silly hat.
*falls over laughing* Crazy.
The best I can think of is a week of RP, like Redwall week, when we couldn't post in GD. Or make your own, exclusive, roleplay and invite everyone else.

Baby Rollo
March 30th, 2003, 06:29 PM
*goes into the room crying* Waaaaaaaaaaaah, someone needs to change my diaper 'cause I'm a naughty likkle tyke.
*puts on cutest face*
And I'm not role-playing too. :P

LadyBeelze
March 30th, 2003, 06:33 PM
You see a burly female otter curled up around a big pot full of hootroot soup in the forum kitchens. She stops stuffing her mouth with the hot contraption to spit slurly out, "But wer are some good redwall roleplayin' for'ms, me wants to 'slurp slurp nmmmm rolepay ...crunchcrunch...really bad ore any roleplayin' for'm w'do ...plz" then the sleek head disappears beneath the bowl never to be seen again for a couple hours or so.

and yes i suck at roleplaying and yes i still enjoy it too

i'm not gonna change rollo's diaper :eek: someone else do it

Martin the Warrior
March 30th, 2003, 06:37 PM
Terra
oh i see. =/ but istill think it'd be cool.. i dont think it'd make a difference to it being a Fan Club b/c it is redwall-based characters we'd be playing. -shrugs-

The distinction between the two is that in one you role-play your character while in the other you don't. A fan club is a place for people of like interests to gather whether they choose to be in character or not, whereas an RP (save for a few OOC instances) keeps everyone in-character.

The LP is a fan club in the sense that we don't role-play as the actual Long Patrol, we don't discriminate between vermin and woodlander (note Slagar and Rollo in the same thread ;)) and we don't partake in online wars. My philosophy is always-- there are plenty of RP clubs out there but too few fan clubs.

As for why there's not an RP here-- like I said, there are plenty out there already. I prefer to focus my efforts elsewhere.

As a point of interest, however, anyone who wishes to role-play their character (i.e. talk in-character) while here is perfectly welcome to. Rollo is a perfect example for the Forum. ;) We simply won't be hosting a formal RP, nor do we want the board to turn into a mass RP.

and what do you mean by drain?

Fatigue, more things to manage, divide their attention between too many things.

Baby Rollo
March 30th, 2003, 08:59 PM
I'm real! I'm real! I'm real!!! Why doesn't anyone believe me? Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!! I'm gonna tell my mommy on you. Then you'll be sorry :P

Darkhood_343
March 30th, 2003, 10:26 PM
Sure Rollo...

VanessaNB
March 31st, 2003, 06:40 PM
Maybe someone should start an RP thread, let it go wherever, and have the Almighty Martin lock it when he decides it's too long...or not. I think there've been RP's here, as in all the holiday party things when people were throwing food at each other, we were more or less in character.
*looks to the big hairy dog at her side*
Me: Right, Bud?
Buddy: Murmm?

Darkhood_343
March 31st, 2003, 09:31 PM
You forgot birthday threads. And Christmas partys. And Halloween.

Furrtil
April 2nd, 2003, 09:39 PM
*sit with hands/paws propping up head* Oi luvs roleplayin, excerpt oi doant have the toime to do so. Rollerplayin demmands lots o toime, an oi baint have et. Oi wudd talk in ee haccent yurr at ee Long Patrol, excerpt et wudd get gurtly hannoying. Doant ee agree?

Oi used to be able to wroit floontly in ee molerspake, cept naow oi ave a-fergotten sum o et. *sob*

Cornflower
April 2nd, 2003, 09:49 PM
I have a forum that you can RP on. Here is the link:
http://redwallodd.proboards16.com

Darkhood_343
April 2nd, 2003, 09:55 PM
You did a good job, Furrtil. I stink at it. :p

LadyBeelze
April 5th, 2003, 12:34 PM
I think that anyone that can speek some mole speech is very talented indeed, i can't even understand it sometimes :rolleyes:

I, RolePlaying Werewolf, Wolf Demon, Hotroot Soup Driv'n otter, knight ...*forgets what she was gonna say*........
ummm......er........hmmmm

Goodbranch
April 6th, 2003, 09:23 PM
I have a role-playing board on my fan site! it is preety cool! check it out!
ezboard account is needed though

http://pub99.ezboard.com/bredwallfansite

Darkhood_343
April 9th, 2003, 10:20 AM
Me, I RP a Vampire, Badger, and a guy name Jin on a forum that I haven't been to in ages. I don't wanna get involved in to many forums though, then it takes up a lot of time.

Furrtil
April 9th, 2003, 02:06 PM
Yeah, RPing takes too much time. It's very fun, but when you're on one, you have to go to another, another, etc. And then you have no time at all, and even less time to do your homework that you wouldn't have done anyways that you then have to do in homeroom or during lunch when you have to get your friend to help you and you're starving because you don't have time to eat because lunch is only twentyfive minutes which is ridiculous because there's not much time at all and you barely have time to sit down and you have to ask to go to the bathroom so a bunch of idiotic kids staged a walk out and walked out of school (not during lunch or anything) and walked home and then got suspended.

:) Run-on sentences!!!!!!!!! Yeah!