PDA

View Full Version : I'm Red! I'm a Badger! I'm a Red Badger!

The Red Badger
November 1st, 2002, 02:22 PM
I am Redsy, crimson hued badger and moderator of The LPF. This is Cringy, my fearless friend. Fabulous secret powers were revealed to me the day I held aloft my magic Oreos and said "BY THE POWER OF SCRIBEHOOD!" *lightning* "I HAVE THE COOLNESS!!!!!!!" *more lightning* Cringy became the mighty RedCat. . . and I became "The Red Badger", the most powerful SCRIBE in the universe! Only three others share this secret. Our friends the Mackster, Martin the Warrior, and Rimrose. Together we defend the LP Forum from THE EVIL STORIES OF YANO!!!!! *crescendo* "RED-SY!" *BIG WHOPPING SPECIAL FX CLOSING!*

*cough*

There, now that we've reestablished that I AM THE MAN! isn't it time for everyone to drop on their knees and say "THANK YOU MARTIN! NO POP UPS! NO ADS! NO EZ RESTRICTIONS! I'LL NAME MY FIRSTBORN AFTER YOU!" and other such gushing praise? Well, granted, the ones with CSC might not be thrilled, but. . .

. . .and THEN you give me Oreos. Lots and lots of Oreos. So many Oreos, in fact, that you pull your back trying to lift them all. Because, you know, we'd all agree that I'm worth AT LEAST that much. :redsy <<< *note cool, new AUTOMATIC redsy emoticon, which existed BEFORE :slagar the cruel*

And now that we've reestablished that I'm a nut, time for the serious stuff.

Break the rules and I'll eat you.

This message has been brought to you by THE MOST POWERFUL SCRIBE IN THE UNIVERSE!!!!!

Slagar the Cruel
November 1st, 2002, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by The Red Badger
isn't it time for everyone to drop on their knees and say "THANK YOU MARTIN! NO POP UPS! NO ADS! NO EZ RESTRICTIONS! I'LL NAME MY FIRSTBORN AFTER YOU!" and other such gushing praise? Well, granted, the ones with CSC might not be thrilled, but. . .*drops down on his knees*

THANK YOU MARTIN! NO POPUPS! NO ADS! NO EZ-RESTRICTIONS! I'LL... I'LL... now I'll do a dance. *does the goblin dance*

Martin the Warrior
November 1st, 2002, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Slagar the Cruel
*does the goblin dance*

I hope that bears no resemblance to the funky chicken. ;)

Treerose
November 1st, 2002, 05:17 PM
::is dying of laughter:: :D

::but manages to thank Martin by playing Sora on her flute, and then gives Reds the keys to an oreo factory:: ;)

Tree

~~~~

"I once gave a heavyweight boxer a baton weighing only half an ounce. 'Wave that about and see how long you can keep it up,' I told him. He did it for nine minutes and could not go on any longer."

~Sir Thomas Beecham~

...right, or else he just got bored...

Slagar the Cruel
November 1st, 2002, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Martin the Warrior
I hope that bears no resemblance to the funky chicken. ;) Nah... it's a Homestar Runner reference. :) Here's where the Goblin dance is performed. (http://www.homestarrunner.com/homestarloween.html)

dandin1
November 1st, 2002, 05:41 PM
don't worry, i'm not sad at all, even with CSC you had restrictions!

heh, cool smilies! Homestar runner, funny site :D

PHP? you can use php in your posts?! Coolness....

echo "test"
Now I gotta get customizing this!

Lyrian Aryns
November 1st, 2002, 06:09 PM
Well, I wasn't thrilled to begin with, but after seeing the various... stuff, I have realized that... whatever-this-is... is decidedly better. Yeah.

Argh! *cut and paste* Stupid new thread button...

Martin the Warrior
November 1st, 2002, 08:37 PM
Glad we won you over, Lyrian. ;)

Slagar the Cruel
November 1st, 2002, 09:33 PM
Homestar runner, funny site You're telling ME...? Look at my signature, Dandin. ;)

Everyone should visit Homestar Runner! He is a teriffic athlete! ;)

MoonShadow
November 2nd, 2002, 11:38 AM
Me personally like the new forum, though the new topic thread is a bit annoying because I'm always catching myself about to click it. :\

*drops down and knees on Reds's request*
THANK YOU MARTIN! NO POP UPS! NO ADS! NO EZ RESTRICTIONS! NO BANNER ADS!

Lyrian Aryns
November 2nd, 2002, 11:48 AM
Glad we won you over, Lyrian. What, were you expecting an "I hate you! my 4000+ postcount, work of almost a YEAR is GONE!!! *stomps of in a huff and begins plotting evil things*"...? ;)

Yeah, MoonShadow, I'm always doing that, too... :\ I'm also bugged a bit by the fact that it screws up my image alt when I add a carriage return... Oh well.

Cale Yin
November 2nd, 2002, 12:11 PM
The only thing that annoys me is the fact that haven't been using it for the past year and 2 months, and that I can't press Back when I don't need to reply-- it says, "Warning: Page Has Expired." So I have to scroll back up and click "The Patroller - General Discussion." Me lazy. :P

Martin the Warrior
November 2nd, 2002, 12:21 PM
What, were you expecting an "I hate you! my 4000+ postcount, work of almost a YEAR is GONE!!! *stomps of in a huff and begins plotting evil things*"...?

I expected something about losing the post count, yeah. ;)

As I told Pawflash, we'll give the current layout a week so you can acclimate to it. Then, if the New Thread/Post Reply buttons are still an issue, I'll flipflop them.

Lyrian Aryns
November 2nd, 2002, 12:35 PM
But, you see, I can actually know how many posts I have, without having to do a whole bunch of math now. That is always a plus. ;)

Oh please don't flipflop them... I've only JUST gotten use to it as it is!

Cale Yin
November 2nd, 2002, 12:37 PM
Or you could just flipflop the colors, so for one button the letters are grey and the background not, and vice versa for the other...

Slagar the Cruel
November 2nd, 2002, 12:56 PM
What, were you expecting an "I hate you! my 4000+ postcount, work of almost a YEAR is GONE!!! *stomps of in a huff and begins plotting evil things*"...?In a word? YES. ;)

Lyrian Aryns
November 2nd, 2002, 01:05 PM
In a word? YES. *mutters and kicks ghost-of-Lyrian underneath the rug*

Slagar the Cruel
November 2nd, 2002, 01:14 PM
*throws Old-Slags under the rug as well*

Old-Slags: Oh, I get it now! You're all jumping on me because I'm new! Well, I'll just leave, before a SCRIBE bans me, because nobody likes me here...

*drives a steamroller over the rug*

DEATH TO OLD-SLAGS!

Cale Yin
November 2nd, 2002, 01:23 PM
Maybe everyone will spell my name right now, instead of just half the people...

*misses Terpsichore and Inexplicable*

*decides to incorporate it into her sig sometime*

Slagar the Cruel
November 2nd, 2002, 01:38 PM
And now people'll call you "Cale"... ;)

Lyrian Aryns
November 2nd, 2002, 01:40 PM
You know, I thougt you were 'Caleyin Terpischore' for the longest time when I first started posting... I mispronounced it something awful, too... :\

dandin1
November 2nd, 2002, 01:41 PM
Only newbies will, we'll still call you caleyin... And then newbies will notice that we all say caleyin, not Cale, so they'll start calling you caleyin... That's my theory, of course

The Red Badger
November 2nd, 2002, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Cale Yin
Or you could just flipflop the colors, so for one button the letters are grey and the background not, and vice versa for the other...

Or you could just, I dunno, READ. :rolleyes:

Cale Yin
November 2nd, 2002, 04:45 PM
:eek:

:) I haven't had a problem. I was just being helpful. :redsy

And now people'll call you "Cale"...
It's better than Cayelin. :P I rather might like it if people called me Cale. Caleyin or Cale. Whichever.

Airemia
November 2nd, 2002, 04:54 PM
I'll always call you Caleyin. Can't help it. Force of habbit. :D

Cale Yin
November 2nd, 2002, 09:06 PM
That's perfectly fine. I'm not used to just Cale yet. :)

Slagar the Cruel
November 2nd, 2002, 09:07 PM
Change your name as you like,
But you're only a Caleyin, to meeee... ;)

Cale Yin
November 2nd, 2002, 09:08 PM
That's cute... I don't recognize it...

Can I put that in my sig? :cornflow: lol...

Slagar the Cruel
November 2nd, 2002, 09:13 PM
Um... what? You mean my "Always a Woman" transpositioning? Er, sure... ;)

Cale Yin
November 2nd, 2002, 09:34 PM
I've never heard of that... What it be...?

Slagar the Cruel
November 2nd, 2002, 09:41 PM
In short, a song. In long, a soooooooooooooooooong.

Darkhood_343
November 3rd, 2002, 01:27 AM
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL!!! ROTFLMAO. I am so stupid. ha-ha-ha. I can't believe I he-he-he thought ho-ho-ho that caleyin's account was someone ha-ha-ha else. I am so stupid.:D :D :D

Darkhood_343
November 3rd, 2002, 01:30 AM
Oh, yeah one more thing Martin can you give me back my old patroller rank? I feel so naked(real nice image huh?) without it.

Slagar the Cruel
November 3rd, 2002, 09:08 AM
Darkhood... just FYI, within an hour of posting, you can now edit your posts. So, if you remember something you want to add 3 minutes later, you can edit it in! Or maybe you knew that already. ...never mind. :o

Lyrian Aryns
November 3rd, 2002, 10:19 AM
Oh, and Darky, Martin hasn't given back titles to anyone (meaning those of us with posting-attainable ranks), so you'll just have to post till you reach it again. (Yes, I know, it's a pain... ;))

dandin1
November 3rd, 2002, 10:25 AM
well, cept for the emeritus rank...

MoonShadow
November 3rd, 2002, 10:30 AM
You should see how screwed this forum is under Netscape..... The message box is so thin!

Cale, Caleyin, Caleyin, Cale.... I'll probably be calling you Caleyin out of habit. ;)

Cale Yin... When I first saw that, it took me a moment to figure out that it was you. The two names look really different to me. :\

Cale Yin
November 3rd, 2002, 11:33 AM
LOL... You shoulda recognized the Spoot. Or have I even said that since he got here?

Hm... Who sings it?? DO I ALWAYS HAVE TO DRAG INFORMATION OUT OF YOU IN A DRAWN-OUT TORTUROUS WAAAAYYY???? ;)
Just kiddink... Kiddink kiddink kiddink... KIDDINKKIDDINKKIDDINKKIDDINKKIDDINKKIDDINK!!!! WHOOEE... :eek:

dandin1
November 3rd, 2002, 12:01 PM
you said it in your sig! Moot.

Slagar the Cruel
November 3rd, 2002, 12:08 PM
Billy Joel, I think... I dunno.

Lyrian Aryns
November 3rd, 2002, 02:24 PM
Dandin, that's what I meant by 'posting-attainable rank'...

I knew it was Caleyin right off the bat, oddly enough. I thought it was funny when I saw it in the lurk bar... although I really wasn't paying attention as I was attempting to get into hotmail, activate my account, and get out of it before my computer froze... :\

Cale Yin
November 3rd, 2002, 04:50 PM
A lot of people are talking about my name... I feel special...

dandin1
November 3rd, 2002, 05:46 PM
They are.... hmmm... I should've called me Dan Din, I wouldve been special too:D

Slagar the Cruel
November 3rd, 2002, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Lyrian Aryns
I knew it was Caleyin right off the bat, oddly enough.So did I. Oddly enough. :p

Dandin, you could've done other things to be special... like being dandin2... or better yet, JUST "Dandin". :p

Cale Yin
November 3rd, 2002, 05:52 PM
LOL!! Dan Din... :D That's funny...

Lyrian Aryns
November 3rd, 2002, 06:02 PM
I'm beginning to think I should have used this as an excuse to swich over to another alias and confuse everyone, too... Goodness knows, I have enough of them that never get used...

Darkhood_343
November 4th, 2002, 04:41 PM
That would be good, Dan Din.LOL LOL LOL

dandin1
November 4th, 2002, 05:09 PM
Shurrup! That's not a reason to call me Dan Din... Me Dandin!! Not Dan Din... hehe... Dan Din... *wacks self* ;)

Darky, do you always set your font to that color or is there an option to do so automaticly everytime you post?

Darkhood_343
November 7th, 2002, 12:59 PM
I set it this color every time Dan Din. Why? \

And DON'T CALL ME DARKY or I'll call u Dan Din. Wait I already did. MU-HA-HA-HA!!!

LadyBeelze
November 7th, 2002, 05:02 PM
*plops down before martin's feet*

THANK YOU MARTIN! NO POP UPS! NO ADS! NO EZ RESTRICTIONS! NO BANNER ADS!

Now I got to celebrate by by........Running around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around around and around and around and around Running around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around around and around and around and around Running around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around around and around and around and around in little tinny whinny circles till she falls down to the ground in joy.

*eats all the oreos so there!*

Lyrian Aryns
November 7th, 2002, 05:03 PM
Well, Darky, some people are too lazy to type out your whole entire name... kinda like how you're often too lazy to type out the word 'you'. ;)

You know, I think that would be a cool feature... being able to automatically set your text to be a certain color every time you post...

dandin1
November 7th, 2002, 06:21 PM
Martin! Have you learned anough PHP to create a feature like this? Now you'd have to ad a colunm for it, and it would contain the vBCode for color. now you'd just make a query for that new column and put what it contained in the TEXTAREA.

Now I'm probly making it sound easy while it's not....

MoonShadow
November 7th, 2002, 06:58 PM
Dan...Din! hehe. ;) I don't know if you approved of the name dark-Dark yet, Darkhood, so I don't know what to call you right now.... :\

Dandin - isn't there already an option like that?

dandin1
November 7th, 2002, 07:02 PM
Nope, It's not in the CP.... It's not on the reply page..

MoonShadow
November 7th, 2002, 07:06 PM
Oh.... *still likes to make her text blue. ;b*
And while I hardly even know what php is.... Just a lot of colored text that makes no sense to me. But then, CSS still looks pretty foreign.... *looks around the office for a book on php*