PDA

View Full Version : Those crazy, smart people...

VanessaNB
April 1st, 2003, 06:42 PM
Have you ever noticed that all the smart people out there are all eccentric, or just plain crazy? Most of the time they'll just spout inane babble (I'm guilty of inane babble), but sometimes they'll come up with something really smart. It'll be useless to you later in life, but for now, it's true.
Example 1: I know people who are really into wrestling, and they use their younger brothers or whatever as stunt dummies 'cause they just can't get hurt. If you're five years old and get run down by a SUV, yeah, you'll be hurt. But these kids do things that would make us teenagers spout many curse words. I used to be able to twist into a pretzle, not really, but it'd hurt my back now. I could fall down stairs, or (as previously mentioned) have wrestling moves practiced on me, and not get hurt. I might not get hurt badly now, but it wouldn't be as comfy as it used to be.
So my friends were sitting around talking when they were supposed to be answering questions about Acadians, and one says "Have you noticed how you just can't hurt these kids? I could heave my little cousin all over the place and she'll just laugh." And it's funny 'cause it's true.
Example 2: "I come up with great ideas on the toilet". Haven't you ever come up with a neat idea on a toilet?
Okay, that second one might freak some people out.

dandin1
April 1st, 2003, 06:52 PM
I can still put my legs behind my head... That really freaks out people ;)

for me its "I come up with great ideas in my bed, but when I fall asleep i forget them." When i'm on the toilet I usually stair at the floor and ask myself "who are all those ceramic tiles all diffrent? Do they just spray paint all over them, or do they have a pattern that only repeats a few evrey meter of ceramic?" then I think "time to get out of here, don't want to be like my dad..." My dad stays on the toilet for hours... he just reads.... I hate when he reads to much because when I wan't to go I have to wait... wow.. off-topicness

Darkhood_343
April 1st, 2003, 08:06 PM
I sit there and read for hours too. i wrestle my cousin for hours on end and he'll sit there and be like: "Whens round 2?" He's an animal.

Furrtil
April 2nd, 2003, 09:28 PM
I can get my foot behind my head. After I've stretched. But then again, I can do almost anything after I've stretched. Including splits and heel-clicky things and russians. or when you roll through. you sit on the ground, see, and move your legs to the side farther than when you're in a split, so they wrap around, and you're lying on your stomach. That freaks some people out. :)

I'll read on the toilet. I think of good ideas when I'm talkinga bout something else, or on the way home from school. I've come up with whole poems on the way home from school that I memorize. Usually when I have to walk home in the rain, too.

Calantorntain
April 2nd, 2003, 09:54 PM
I always think great ideas when in the lu. But I forget them soon after.

As for insane smart people, you should meet Steven. Brilliant, but completly insane. *mutters* communist flowers...

VanessaNB
April 4th, 2003, 05:46 PM
All the smart people I know are known for doing silly stuff. Like bringing in Canadian vanilla to share with our math teacher. The teacher was only too happy, but Hey.'
Then you've got the people who fall down the stairs...on purpose. Stoopid, stoopid *sigh*
I can't do any acrobatic things, other than survive having a dog jump on me in a euphoria of "HEYyoustolemyball,that'sMYball,humansdon'tfetchbal ls,gimmemyballback!"

Cale Yin
April 4th, 2003, 09:27 PM
I... never have time to read on the toilet anymore. :\

What a strange topic. I haven't seen its equal in quite a while. Like when we first came to this board, the new one, and we were all going to see what other people who were on at the same time were doing, and we were looking at each other looking at us's selves... et cetera...

I dunno any crazy smart people. I know one book-smart kid who got like a 1600 on his SAT... jeez... Moose! *tired* I have to take the SAT tomorrow morning. I hope I get higher than a 1000... :o

Rachael_Otter 281
April 8th, 2003, 03:24 PM
I know this kid,and whenever he hits his head really hard (I freak out when he does this) I mean really hard. I'll be like ohhh my gosh. Then he'll all of a sudden go and start playing again

VanessaNB
April 8th, 2003, 06:32 PM
Hows about those who go out of their way to freak out others?
Today, we had a substitute teacher. We never had her before, she didn't know any names. So two guys switch names, and pretend to be mentally chanllenged. I know it's sad, and I've nothing against mentally challenged people, but the whole thing was hilarious. We laughed the whole class...
Innit strange what people willdo for attention?

Darkhood_343
April 9th, 2003, 10:13 AM
It sure is.My friend Pat will walk up to people and pul his "Tom Green" routine. It scares people. Like me for instance.

Finnbarr Galedeep
April 11th, 2003, 05:55 PM
Huh, I'm not very flexible. I can quiver my eyeballs, though! And I can do a pretty good Gollum impression. Come up with ideas on the can? That's a bit odd. I get them in bed.

dandin1
April 11th, 2003, 08:28 PM
Aye me too. I always get great idaes in bed, only to forget them when I wake up the next morning... Last week I tough of a good topic I should make here, but I can't seem to remember what I wanted to make it about.... ARG! I hate forgetting things partially...