PDA

View Full Version : Irons or Rickman?

Badrang3
October 3rd, 2006, 07:45 PM
I was running through the character list of Redwall the other day, mentally choosing actors of my choice to fill roles, when at last I came to Cluny. And for the life of me, I could not decide between Alan Rickman or Jeremy Irons. Both of them have such potential for the character. What do you fellows think?

Goddess of Darkness
October 3rd, 2006, 08:13 PM
Alan Rickman
Back to this, are we, Hans? ;)

You haven't mentioned that movie in quite a while...are you having a fight with it?

Badrang3
October 3rd, 2006, 08:20 PM
Back to this, are we, Hans? ;)

And Jeremy Irons was in Die Hard 3 ;) .

You haven't mentioned that movie in quite a while...are you having a fight with it?

I haven't been able to fit it into a conversation lately. Start a thread on movies, then I'll talk about it.

Rolinko
October 3rd, 2006, 08:33 PM
I think they'd both bring about the same to the role, frankly.

Folgrimeo
October 3rd, 2006, 10:43 PM
Man that's a tough question. I think they even sound similar. No, actually, I keep thinking they sound exactly the same. Alan Rickman was Snape in the Harry Potter films, and Jeremy Irons was Scar from The Lion King. Regardless, I voted for Jeremy Irons. I don't know why, I guess because part of Alan Rickman's charm is seeing that intimidating face. He's the guy where it's even better if you can see his face. For Irons, I don't think it matters, probably since I've never seen the actual guy in a movie.

Arrowtail
October 9th, 2006, 09:41 AM
I'd say Irons. He manages a kind of dark nuttiness in his bad guys that fits the slightly mad Cluny. Rickman seems more serious...maybe someone like Verdauga.