PDA

View Full Version : Dream illustrator?

Martin the Warrior
April 4th, 2003, 10:46 PM
And, as a somewhat follow-up to the other thread-- with the news that it was none other than John Howe who illustrated the cover of The Angel's Command (for those who don't know, John Howe is a famed Tolkien artist who was brought in to work on the LOTR movies... it was his design for the Balrog they wound up using), it brings to mind that there are other terrific artists out there who could probably do a stunning rendition of Brian's worlds.

The first reaction one often has to this question is, "Replace the artists? No! I like the ones we've got!" But, by the same token, if Pete Lyon weren't replaced we'd never have had Chris "Fangorn" Baker on the UK covers (or on the interior chores for Marlfox-Lord Brocktree). And if Chris weren't replaced, we would never have had David Wyatt's stunning cover to Triss.

So, with that in mind, what artists would you like to see doing covers or interior illustrations for Brian's books (be it the Castaways series or Redwall series)? Elaborate on your choices-- any links to samples of their work would be appreciated.

VanessaNB
April 5th, 2003, 02:33 PM
I know of one artist who all others shall kiss up too. She's an artist on Yerf, goes by the nickname of Kyoht. I don't know if she'd do the Redwall thing, but she's really good (you have to be stellar to get on Yerf), and does good black and white stuffs. Does really good realistic animals.
Her website's here (http://www.kyoht.com)
Ready, set, drool.

Lord Servone
April 5th, 2003, 11:12 PM
The first artist that comes to mind are the Hildebrant brothers. My first taste of their art was of various super heroes back when I used to collect cards of them but I also saw a whole book consisting of Tolkien art, which I dug a lot... anyway, it would be interesting to see their take on the Redwall worlds.