PDA

View Full Version : Which are you most looking forward to?

Martin the Warrior
April 4th, 2003, 10:49 PM
Finally, to round out tonight's posts-- which upcoming project of Brian's are you most looking forward to? Vote in the poll, but don't forget to also post the reasons for your vote. Why are you looking forward to that one project more than the others?

true_redwaller
April 5th, 2003, 09:43 AM
I voted for Loamhedge. I can't wait to find out what it's all about. Probably includes some major info on Redwall Abbey's history.

Nora the Rover
April 5th, 2003, 11:26 AM
I voted for the Redwall Cookery Book. For the past year, I've been working on improving my culinary skills, and I've always thought it would be interesting to try out some of the recipes from the Redwall books.

LadyBeelze
April 5th, 2003, 12:38 PM
i have a tie between loamhedge and the redwall cockery book. I voted for the cookbook anyway. I wonder if it will have a recipe for shrimp 'n' hotroot soup in their......but loamhedge seems cool, i like finding more about redwall history...but i still haven't read taggerung or triss yet so i guess i'll have to put those first.

Slagar the Cruel
April 5th, 2003, 01:07 PM
Definately Loamhedge, although "Divvil of a Lad" is pretty high up there as well. The other things are nice, but they can't compete with actual Redwall novels.

Lyrian Aryns
April 5th, 2003, 02:08 PM
I voted for Loamhedge as well... and Divvil of a Lad would probably come in second. The cookbook could be interesting, but cooking really isn't where my interests and abilities lie...

VanessaNB
April 5th, 2003, 02:36 PM
I put my vote in for Loamhedge. A cookery book would be nice, but I suppose that'd involve cooking. A Divvil of a Lad soun's nice too.

Pennybright
April 5th, 2003, 08:40 PM
I voted for Loamhedge because I like the Redwall novels best. Yeah. The cookbook could be interesting, but I doubt that anyone I know whould actully try the food, except for one of my friends. But then again she puts her socks in the oven....

Calantorntain
April 5th, 2003, 10:28 PM
I voted a Divvil of a lad, because I am probably doing a semester long project about BJ next year, and I need all the sources I can get. Plus I think his life is uber cool.

rowanoak
April 6th, 2003, 11:09 AM
I am looking forward to either "Loamhedge" or "Tribe of Redwall: Mice" the most. I am curious to see what mice will be featured in the Tribes book besides the ones that were Redwall warriors.

MoonShadow
April 7th, 2003, 03:21 PM
I voted for cookbook, because I smell a good aroma coming over from the kitchen.... I really would like to be able to cook Redwall foods and then create a Redwall feast, complete with one of those poem graces things....

Loamhedge and Divvil of a Lad came as a tie in second. I'm interested in Loamhedge, because it seems like an interesting civilization living among those stone construction things (I haven't been very specific lately, and I'm also looking forward to a Divvil of a Lad, because it'll give me an interesting biography to read for next year's book report. ;) I hated the one I read this year. I hated it, I hated it, I hated it!

Glenner
April 7th, 2003, 09:45 PM
The novels have always been a highlight for me, so I voted for Loamhedge too.

SnugOrb
April 8th, 2003, 05:30 PM
Tes, I'm awaiting Loamhedge the most. It's a chapter book and I like chapter books best.

Martin the Warrior
April 10th, 2003, 12:20 AM
Well, my vote went to Divvil. I've long been interested in Brian's life story (the snippets he's revealed here and there are fascinating). I'm very pleased he's finally collecting everything into one book. If I had to choose just one of these products, I'd jump on the biography. Perhaps I'm being pessimistic in this instance, but I strongly doubt Loamhedge will wind up being the "tell all" book people are expecting with regards to Loamhedge itself. I remind people of the "line between vermin/woodlander will vanish with Taggerung!" proclamations and the big to-do made about "Triss is the first female swordbearer!"

Brian's said that Loamhedge's tale-- at least that of the plague that forced them to migrate to Mossflower-- is too dark to tell. So, I think he'll skirt it-- as in Mossflower and Mattimeo. Addressing it without really addressing it-- J.R.R. Tolkien did the same thing. After The Hobbit, readers clamored to read of Gandalf's confrontation with the Necromancer. Tolkien refused, saying it was too dark a story. He stuck to his guns and never really told the story, but he did flesh out the Necromancer into Sauron and the aftermath we got was Lord of the Rings. He, in essence, developed what had been (or could have been argued to be) a throwaway character, gave the readers a story about him-- but not the one readers had asked for. Addressing it without really addressing it.

Darkhood_343
April 10th, 2003, 03:11 PM
I went for Devvil. I wanna learn a lot about BJ. I'm doing an authors profile on him next year.

Finnbarr Galedeep
April 11th, 2003, 04:14 PM
LOAMHEDGE! LOAMHEDGE! I cant wait to see what happened with that abbey.

Martin the Warrior
April 12th, 2003, 04:44 PM
It sank during an earthquake and became Malkariss. ;)

Slagar the Cruel
April 12th, 2003, 06:21 PM
Yeah... but, how 'bout after that? ;)

Darkhood_343
April 13th, 2003, 05:00 PM
Oh, you mean after Malkarriss? Well, you came along and tried to take over the land. Feh. Look what happened to you, Well Boy.

freeverse
April 22nd, 2003, 10:23 PM
i went for the redwall recorder's journal. because i really enjoyed the prologue and epilogues where it's a recorder's writing. if all the journals are that exciting, i would really really really really like to read all of it. shame they didn't have the tribe of redwall: squirrels up in the voting box. squirrels are my favorite. the hare one came a close second but i voted for the journal

Rillflag27
April 25th, 2003, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by true_redwaller
I voted for Loamhedge. I can't wait to find out what it's all about. Probably includes some major info on Redwall Abbey's history.

same here t_r

Cornflower
April 28th, 2003, 03:30 AM
The Tribes of Redwall: Mice is what I voted for. I want to get the poster with all the mice on it :D

Madd The Sane
June 3rd, 2003, 07:46 PM
I am more interested in the redwall series, so I am waiting for Loamhedge.

Dakota
June 4th, 2003, 01:08 AM
I voted for the Order of the Phoenix. :D

(Replace "Order of the Phoenix" with "Loamhedge")

Matthias of Redwall
June 4th, 2003, 09:34 PM
I voted for Loamhedge because it will be nice to know the history of Abbess Germaine and her mice, the plague, and the earthquake that sank Loamhedge to the ground:)

Keyla
June 7th, 2003, 05:18 AM
"Loamhedge", no doubt; a new "Tale of Redwall" tops anything else. In addition, what information has been revealed thus far looks good.
However, I'm sorry to disappoint you Matthias, but it isn't at all what you appear to think it is. It regards a group of questing Redwallers going in search of Loamhedge Abbey years after its destruction, possibly after the time of "Triss". Though there may be little snippets regarding the fall of Loamhedge Abbey, this doesn't appear to be the main storyline at all
If you want to read more, go read the newsline section on it, which can be found on the left-hand column of the main "The Long Patrol" page.;) I hope this is of help