PDA

View Full Version : More on the graphic novel.

Barkstripe
March 24th, 2007, 03:45 PM
Redwall Graphic Novel
Stuart Moore has been a writer, a book editor, and an award-winning comics editor. His writing can be seen regularly in Firestorm(DC Comics) and the upcoming Stargate Atlantis comics (Avatar Press), as well as the upcoming novel American Meat, part of Games Workshop's revived Dark Future series.

Recent comics include Lone and The Escapist from Dark Horse; Justice League Adventures for DC; Para with Penny-Farthing Press; and stories for Vampirella and Western Tales of Terror. Of his graphic novel Giant Robot Warriors (AiT/PlanetLar), Steven Grant of Comic Book Resources said, "Stuart Moore's turning into one of the best comics writers in America. Buy this."

At DC Comics, Stuart was a founding editor of the acclaimed Vertigo imprint, where he won the Will Eisner award for Best Editor 1996 and the Don Thompson Award for Favorite Editor 1999. From late 2000 through mid-2002 Stuart edited the bestselling Marvel Knights comics line, before turning to writing full-time. Upcoming works include new graphic novels with Tokyopop and AiT/PlanetLar, a comics adaptation of the bestselling novel Redwall, a story in Marvel Comics' X-Men Unlimited, and more Firestorm.

Bret Blevins' artwork has brought life to countless fantasy characters and realms for over twenty years -- Spider-Man, X-Men, New Mutants, Hulk, Daredevil, The Fantastic Four, Nghtbreed, Sleepwalker, Star Wars and many others for Marvel Comics; Batman and Superman for DC Comics, and Tarzan for Dark Horse Comics. Blevins also created over a hundred storyboards for Warner Bros, Disney, Film Roman and other studios' animated television shows and films, winning two Emmy awards for his contributions to Superman and Batman Beyond. He also worked on such programs as The New Batman/Superman Adventures, Static Shock, The Justice League of America and Justice League Unlimited, X-Men, Tarzan and Atlantis.

The Redwall Graphic Novel will be available in September/October 2007.

~Redwall.org~

Don't know if that's new, but I saw it on Redwall.org

Martin the Warrior
March 24th, 2007, 04:08 PM
It's not really new, just a repost by Dave to remind people that the product is on the way. It's the exact same message he's had on Stuart's bio page and also the exact same message he posted last year, save for the line on availability.

In fact, it should be familiar to you, Barkstripe. ;)

http://forums.longpatrolclub.com/showthread.php?t=3896

History is an endless cycle repeating itself.... ;)

Glad you're keeping an eye out, though.

Barkstripe
March 25th, 2007, 01:05 PM
I knew I recognized it.

Martin. What have I told you about bring up old threads of mine?:lol: Yeah. You better be sorry. I can't believe I actually posted that:eek: :eek: :lol:

LordTBT
March 27th, 2007, 02:13 PM
For those that like to pre-order, right now Wal-Mart has it the cheapest:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5618775&sourceid=27284211742563988539

$12.26, which is inclusive of shipping.

LordTBT
March 29th, 2007, 03:27 PM
http://redwall.wikia.com/wiki/Redwall_News

I have acquired an advance of the Redwall Graphic Novel; and it's excellent. To see pictures (as they would be too big for this forum post), click the link.

Blevins' artwork tends to portray evil characters as clearly evil. You can distinguish who is meant to be a baddie.

Badrang3
March 29th, 2007, 03:41 PM
It's so strange to see a picture of Cluny other than the animated version that you almost immediatly condemn it, but reall,y I don't suppose it looks all that bad. But you say there's no Ambrose Spike at all?

By the way, I think the artists took Cluny's cape of batwings a bit... literally.

RockJaw_Grang
March 29th, 2007, 03:41 PM
TBT, how the heck to do you keep getting stuff in advance?

LordTBT
March 29th, 2007, 04:27 PM
But you say there's no Ambrose Spike at all?

He may be in 1 or 2 cells, I just checked. But you would only know him if you're familiar with the character. He isn't named at all, and doesn't talk.

By the way, I think the artists took Cluny's cape bat of batwings a bit... literally.

Heh, yes.

Chelki Sureshot
March 29th, 2007, 10:44 PM
**notices you didn't answer the in advance question** Pretty dang good! But Matthias almost looks rattish. . .but I will live! I'll prbably buy it. It it softcover, like a comic book?

The Red Badger
March 29th, 2007, 10:51 PM
Previously revealed to be a trade paperback, so card stock-ish like a paperback book. (As opposed to *flimsy* paper like a comic book.) Pretty much standard for graphic novels.

LordTBT
March 29th, 2007, 11:45 PM
Previously revealed to be a trade paperback, so card stock-ish like a paperback book. (As opposed to *flimsy* paper like a comic book.) Pretty much standard for graphic novels.

Yes, Reds assertion is correct. :)

Badrang3
March 29th, 2007, 11:56 PM
Just out of curiousity, are the Captains included in the book? (Redtooth, Cheesethief, Fangburn, Killconey, etc) They've been my favorite vermin staff through out the series, but if a character like Ambrose is left out, well...

Brocktree1
March 31st, 2007, 12:52 AM
Tbt you are about as mysterious as your avatar... how did you get that advance copy?

LordTBT
March 31st, 2007, 02:30 AM
are the Captains included in the book?

I think it is fair to say yes.

Tbt you are about as mysterious as your avatar

My avatar is a Gary Chalk illustration of Boar the Fighter. Hope it clears things up ;)

Brocktree1
March 31st, 2007, 10:23 AM
Okay I see how it is. You're the go-to guy to get the public stirred up about Redwall. Ba-humbug

LordTBT
April 2nd, 2007, 12:14 PM
Wasn't sure on one detail which I have since found out for sure: the final release will be in b&w.

Glenner
April 5th, 2007, 12:14 PM
That Redwall graphic novel looks cool. I may have to buy it just to look at all the pretty pictures.

Chesk Otter
April 6th, 2007, 11:43 AM
The cover looks cool. Gotta get it.