PDA

View Full Version : Redwall VA's non-Redwall roles

rowanoak
April 14th, 2003, 04:04 PM
I thought it would be fun to compare notes and see what TV shows or movies we have seen where actors who have been Redwall VA's had a part. Here is my list, I have seen or heard.

Tim Curry: in a number of cartoons, and "Home Alone 2-Lost in New York."

Noah Reid, Micheal Seater, and Lawerence Bayne: in "Strange Days at Blake Hosley High."

Sarah Gadon: in "Cadet Kelly"

Alison Pill: in one of the "Dear America" series(the one about the first Thanksgiving).

Richard Binsley: I probably heard him some in the "Cybercase" cartoon.

Lord Servone
April 15th, 2003, 12:20 AM
Right now I can only think of things I've seen Tim Curry in... besides his voice acting, I've seen him in various movies such as National Lampoon's Loaded Weapon, Charlie's Angels (*groans*), Congo, and, of course, the Rocky Horror Picture Show...

Upon looking at the IMDB, it appears Richard Binsley had an appearance on the Robocop TV show...I watched it quite a few times, so maybe I saw him on it...I don't know.

John Stocker seems to have had a bit part in the Big Hit, which I've seen. He also seems to have had re-occuring voice parts in Dog City, Stunt Dawgs, X-Men, Hammerman, Captain N & the Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3, The Super Mario Bros. Super Show!, and many others I used to watch that I won't bother listing...

That's all I can really think of right now...or bother looking up :P

Nora the Rover
April 15th, 2003, 05:53 PM
Tim Curry also played Long John Silver in 'Muppet Treasure Island', if I remember correctly. I think he also played in a Steven King movie a while back as well...

Martin the Warrior
April 15th, 2003, 11:04 PM
Tyrone Savage was a regular cast member on the Sullivan Entertainment (of "Avonlea" fame) series "Wind At My Back", which ran for five years on the CBC (I believe) and was shown in the US on Odyssey/The Hallmark Channel, although it hasn't been shown on Hallmark for awhile.

Allison Pill had a prominent role on the Disney Channel movie "The Other Me".

Those are the only two I can recall off the top of my head, although I did dig into this very subject awhile ago.

Red Draco
April 27th, 2003, 12:27 PM
Tim Curry also played The Devil in a 1985 fantasy movie called "Legend." Actually, Tim Curry has played almost countless roles in the past. I'm just mentioning "Legend" because, according to Shigeru Miyamoto, that particular movie was major inspiration for the setting of Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, and Gannondorf is based on the Lord of Darkness.

So, in effect, Gannondorf is Tim Curry.

o_O

Badrang3
November 14th, 2004, 12:20 AM
Tim Curry was also in The Hunt for Red October, Clue, and the Three Musketeers.

I always suspected he was Ganondorf...

Rolinko
November 14th, 2004, 12:33 AM
Did anyone take the time to see Alison Pill in Pieces of April? I recommend you do. Starring Katie Holmes, Patricia Clarkson, Derek Luke, Sean Hayes. When my sister and I watched it she said she really forgot that Holmes ever was Joey on Dawson's Creek over the course of the film. My sister was a Dawson's Creek fan for the first 3-4 years of its run. Patricia Clarkson got several noms and wins for her role.
It's a great Thanksgiving film, which means now is one of the best times to see it. See it. Tell what you think. Hello? Is anybody there?

LordTBT
November 14th, 2004, 01:15 AM
one of my favorite Tim Curry roles is the hotel manager in Home Alone 2.

Aleisou Swiftpounce
December 13th, 2004, 02:53 PM
Errm... didn't Tim Curry play a part in Oliver Twist or something? But my memory and knowledge of famous people in general is useless so:
*sigh* Don't listen to anything I say, ok?

Felldoh
December 13th, 2004, 04:23 PM
That is correct Aleisou. For everything he's done, go here. (http://imdb.com/name/nm0000347/)

Rolinko
December 13th, 2004, 06:21 PM
Only one of at least 20 different productions of Oliver Twist on TV OR in the movies throughout the 20th century. Oh and the part he played was Bill Sykes.
It came out the same year as Annie, also starring Curry as Rooster. I never saw him in anything Rocky Horror-related but I liked him in Annie and his song "Easy Street".
I want to see Ferngully again. That was Curry's first major performance in a theatrical animated production in which he provided a voice (the evil spirit Hexxus). He doesn't do too many cartoon movies; mainly cartoon shows.

Edit: The other day I read that Janet Wright - Constance - had a part in The Perfect Storm starring George Clooney and Mark Wahlberg. I don't think it was a big part but it was Edith Shatford, the mother of Wahlberg's character Bobby Shatford, so it couldn't be too small.

Has anyone, particularly anyone hailing from Canada or UK, seen the Canada/UK movie The Gospel of John? Anyone? Bueller?

Felldoh
December 13th, 2004, 10:10 PM
Janet Wright also starred in Stephen King's "Kingdom Hospital" as one of the nurses. I like her, she makes a great Constance.

Rolinko
March 16th, 2005, 11:35 PM
In my last post I asked whether anybody had seen The Gospel of John, because Diego Matamoros costars as a character named Nicodemus, a Biblical name that sounds vaguely familiar to me.
The film was released on DVD just this past Tuesday, just in time for Holy Week and Easter. ;) It only makes sense.

And now for something completely different: Tim Curry is King Arthur in Spamalot, the musical version of Monty Python and the Holy Grail, opening on Broadway this week. Found this out from a link to an NPR interview (http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4535516) with Curry from the IMDb homepage.

Cheesethief
March 17th, 2005, 02:56 PM
Oh, man. Why is it necessary to have a stage production of The Holy Grail? They'll ruin it!

And now for something completely different I certainly appreciate that. In fact, I'm going to watch it after this.