PDA

View Full Version : Which story line would you like the next book to expand on?

The dirgecallers
May 5th, 2007, 05:27 PM
well what do you want to see?

Folgrimeo
May 5th, 2007, 07:03 PM
You know, I hear about them a lot... so I'd say another adventure with Dandin and Mariel. I didn't pick Martin the elder warrior because I think three stories with Martin or his family in it is enough.

Bladeswift
May 5th, 2007, 07:08 PM
Mortspear would be nice so long as it also showed some connection to Trunn and Verdauga, but Dandin and Mariel's adventures overseas would also catch my interest.

Warthorn
May 5th, 2007, 07:26 PM
Mariel & Dandin by a good amount;) There other adventures on the Pearl Queen would especially would be great:)

Badrang3
May 5th, 2007, 07:33 PM
Rat Villian! Heck yes!

...I like rat villians. Nothing plot-tacular but I tend to like the books with rats much more. How about a clan war between Mortspear and a rat? Two plots with one stone.

LordTBT
May 5th, 2007, 07:36 PM
I can tell you right now "rat villain that is not a corsair" probably will be in Eulalia! ;)

Truffen
May 5th, 2007, 07:41 PM
Mariel and Dandin hands down. B.J left that story line so open anything is possible. Their adventrues with the Pearl Queen would be great.:D

Josiah the Warrior
May 6th, 2007, 12:31 PM
King Mortspear is the one I like best on that list for the same reasons as Blade, but if I could pick any storyline I'd want to hear about the origin of Salamandastron. A tale of all the badgers that are always vaguely mentioned in meditation scenes or the original one.

The dirgecallers
May 6th, 2007, 02:24 PM
Mariel and Dandin hands down. B.J left that story line so open anything is possible

I think they went to the land of snow and ice(perfect excuse to put wolves and wolverines in the same book):cool:

Cinnabarr Rivershell
May 6th, 2007, 02:30 PM
Mariel and Dandin....and if Disney can bring Jack Sparrow back from the dead then Brian can definitely bring Gabool back too! HAAHA!

Goddess of Darkness
May 7th, 2007, 12:09 PM
Rat Villian! Heck yes!

...I like rat villians. Nothing plot-tacular but I tend to like the books with rats much more.
Same here for some reason. Of course, I did read Mariel first, and Cluny has always been my favorite character in the whole series, so I guess it's not so surprising that I favor rat villains.

And wow. Cinnabarr, your devotion to Gabool is nothing short of inspiring. ;)

Denjer_the_otter
May 7th, 2007, 05:55 PM
Mariel and Dandin....and if Disney can bring Jack Sparrow back from the dead then Brian can definitely bring Gabool back too! HAAHA!

You know, that venom could've merely knocked him out, if you get my drift...

;)

LordTBT
May 7th, 2007, 06:11 PM

hahaha oh man I can't even imagine BJ bringing back a villain from the dead. "The Return of Gabool". "Revenge of Gabool".

Goddess of Darkness
May 7th, 2007, 06:12 PM
Off topic, but it's nice to see the old avatar back, TBT my love.

The dirgecallers
May 10th, 2007, 01:30 PM
It's seems everyone wants to see mariels further adventures,with the orgin of kotir a close second:)

Meetevae
May 10th, 2007, 02:57 PM
I voted for early Kotir history. It would be best if it were done in the style of early Mossflower, that was very atmospheric in showing the decay of the old castle.

The dirgecallers
May 10th, 2007, 03:47 PM
Do you think vermin buit the caste, or woodlanders?:cool:

Meetevae
May 10th, 2007, 04:21 PM
More likely vermin since it was a castle which the author thinks is a hostile type of fortress when compared to an abbey; but it was in a byegone era even during the Mossflower long byegone era so there might have been a different scenario altogether.

Barkstripe
May 10th, 2007, 06:38 PM
Origin of Kotir.

It seems like such a cool place. Who built it? Why did they carry bricks across such a long distance? could be an easy fanfic to right....

The dirgecallers
May 10th, 2007, 09:48 PM
Origin of Kotir.

It seems like such a cool place. Who built it? Why did they carry bricks across such a long distance? could be an easy fanfic to right....

I find it funny how Kotir isn't on the Lord brocktree map, how long is it between mossflower, and lord brocktree?;)

Warthorn
May 11th, 2007, 05:49 AM
I'd say about 1-3 of mice? Because Luke was only a Dibbun when his clan went north when Verdauga invaded, and Martin is only a young adult in Mossflower.

Meetevae
May 11th, 2007, 06:46 AM
Badger's live alot longer than mice. It is equivalent to the lifespan of one male badger.

Lord Brocktree is full of anachronisms though, eg the call Eulaliaaaa being used when it was not developed in Mossflower (Boar uses a more primitive form)

Arrowtail
May 11th, 2007, 02:55 PM
Badger's live alot longer than mice. It is equivalent to the lifespan of one male badger.

Lord Brocktree is full of anachronisms though, eg the call Eulaliaaaa being used when it was not developed in Mossflower (Boar uses a more primitive form)

Actually, the reason for this is that the phrase 'Eulalia' wasn't invented by Brian Jacques at the early stage when Mossflower was written.

The dirgecallers
May 11th, 2007, 11:00 PM
I'd say about 1-3 of mice? Because Luke was only a Dibbun when his clan went north when Verdauga invaded, and Martin is only a young adult in Mossflower.

Maybe Martin the elder warrior drove the original builders of kotir out?:confused:

Truffen
May 12th, 2007, 08:23 PM
I highly think that Verdauga built Kotir, but anyone could have built it. The woodlanders seemed to have their hangouts well established, so i doubt it was them too.

Warthorn
May 13th, 2007, 03:32 AM
Maybe it could be like St Ninians, that no one knows who bulit, or another way you could get the answer would be if someone sent a letter to BJ asking who built it?

The dirgecallers
May 18th, 2007, 10:10 PM
;) everyone wants to see where mariel went

Grath
May 19th, 2007, 11:33 PM
Oh I would love to see more adventures from Mariel and Dandin, I bet they had some facinating ones. But the origin of Kotir and seeing King Mortspear grow into power would be awesome too.

Folrig Streampaw
May 30th, 2007, 12:28 PM
Mariel and Dandin. No bother.

Although, we need a gap-filler between Salamandastron and Redwall.

Also, where's everyone getting Redwall avatars from?