PDA

View Full Version : Help

Rillflag27
April 24th, 2003, 10:58 PM
Ok, I have noticed certain people are super patrollers patrollers etc etc what are they? are they like ranks? and how do you get them?:confused:

Cornflower
April 25th, 2003, 12:41 AM
They are ranks you get when you have posted a certain amount. I used to be a Patroller at the old forum. There are quite a few ranks, although now I don't know how many posts you have to make until you move up :confused:

dandin1
April 25th, 2003, 07:17 AM
And remember, the objective of this forum IS NOT to have more posts and a higher rank than evreyone else... Spamming is baaad...

LadyBeelze
April 25th, 2003, 07:57 AM
You reach patroller status when you get 100 posts. I don't know about the others though :o Just don't spam trying to get them >.>

Rillflag27
April 25th, 2003, 09:40 AM
ok, thx I was just confused there:confused:

The Red Badger
April 25th, 2003, 11:25 AM
There are four basic ranks: Dibbun, Patroller, Patroller: General, Patroller: Retired.

New posters will be Dibbuns. Those who have been here awhile will be Patrollers. Those who have been here an incredibly long time will be Patroller: Generals. And those who have been here an INSANELY long time will be Patroller: Retired. Ranks are determined by how many posts you've made, only to prevent spamming we don't tell anyone exactly how many posts are required. No one has passed Patroller yet, though (on this board, anyway. On the old one, we had a few retirees).

Then there are four special ranks, which are doled out manually by Martin. The first is "President of The Long Patrol" and is naturally Martin's rank alone. Next is "SCRIBE", the title of myself, Rimrose, and Mackinsie. SCRIBEs are the board moderators. After that is "Charter Member", an honorary title bestowed upon only five members in the entire club, those who have contributed to it quite a bit over the years and have been members for at least six years. Of the Charters, only Treerose posts here regularly, although Clearspring drops by, too. The final title is "Patroller: Emeritus", which is given to people who have been on the *forum* a long time, have abided by the rules, and have helped out newbies. Martin hasn't really added to their ranks since the title was created.

That should clear things up for you.

Rillflag27
April 25th, 2003, 11:30 AM
ok, thx :)

Cornflower
April 25th, 2003, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by dandin1
And remember, the objective of this forum IS NOT to have more posts and a higher rank than evreyone else... Spamming is baaad...
What dandin said ;)

true_redwaller
April 25th, 2003, 04:18 PM
I kinda figured that, but I didn't know for sure. That's cool. Can't wait 'til I'm a patroller, one day. Don't worry I don't intend on spamming.

Rillflag27
April 25th, 2003, 04:20 PM
If patroller is 100 your not very far away t_r, just dont Spam

Darkhood_343
April 26th, 2003, 10:59 AM
Heh, t_r and Rill have 74 posts to thier name. 'Cept Rill been here three days.

true_redwaller
April 26th, 2003, 11:05 AM
your not very far away t_r, just dont Spam
I just said I wouldn't!

'Cept Rill been here three days.
And I'm being told by Rill not to spam?

LadyBeelze
April 26th, 2003, 11:18 AM
Rill, i think you've gone a little overboard with spam. 75 posts in three days? Please try to keep down the spam V.V But then again this post i'm writing is spam so i shouldn't be really saying anything

Rillflag27
April 26th, 2003, 12:49 PM
I'm just reall bored and I'v done a couple post since I joined last month I jst reply to like everything shouldn't be on at all during the week since I have so much school.

Furrtil
April 26th, 2003, 02:22 PM
I...... used to be a Patroller: Emeritus. Back in the day. ;)
Now I'm a plain old patroller, but if I had a choice between patroller and dibbun, I'd pick dibbun. Patroller is just so--blah. But, seeing as this is the Long /Patrol/ Club, I guess it's fine. :)