PDA

View Full Version : What The?

Janglur Swifteye
August 27th, 2007, 09:05 PM
So I just got Martin the warrior on Audio book and I have to say. Why does Martin sound like a 6 year old boy? I thought he was like 16 in that book. And Badrang sounds to cowerdly in my opinion. He has a higher pitch voice that a stoat should have. What did you guys think?

redwallfan91
August 28th, 2007, 05:08 PM
For one thing, I do not think that Mark Jacques sounds like a six year old boy. He plays many many parts in the other audio books, does he sound like a little kid there? For another thing, there aren't 'years' in Redwall, so Martin couldn't be '16' years old. And there is no age given, but he was older than that, if there had been years, for several obvious reasons. I thought Badrang's voice was good, and Martin's voice just just plain awesome, and Keyla was my favourite, especially with his songs. So, what do I think?

One, I do not think he sounds like a six year old, two I liked Badrang's voice, and three, I loved Martin the Warrior audio book. ;)

EDIT: Oh, and shouldn't this be in the Bookshelf section?

Folgrimeo
August 28th, 2007, 07:35 PM
I've never heard the audio book, but I use my same excuse for why Matthias's voice was so high in the TV series: He's a mouse, smaller than most other creatures in the series, so he's going to have a higher voice. Although I forget what law it is if any that small creatures mean high voices and vice-versa.

*resists urge to make Michael Tyson joke*

Janglur Swifteye
August 29th, 2007, 12:53 PM
It might have just been me. But when Mark Jacques does other voices in books he sounds....I don't know......different.

Folrig Streampaw
September 16th, 2007, 03:19 PM
He takes main character parts in most of the audiobooks, and he almost always plays Martin.

I could have sworn his first name was Marc? With a C?

redwallfan91
September 17th, 2007, 09:15 AM
Yes, it is. I misspelled it. Drat this keyboard. It's with a 'c'.

chupacabra
September 18th, 2007, 09:27 PM
Wasn't the audio voice of Badrang the same voice as the series?

Folrig Streampaw
September 20th, 2007, 10:58 AM
^ Can anyone verify that?

The Wiki doesn't list the VAs for Badrang, so I'd like to know this too.