PDA

View Full Version : I found it, Martin! ^_^

Red Draco
April 27th, 2003, 01:20 PM
A couple of months ago, some of us were observing that Jaques has a bit of an ego. I was in the "Yes he does" camp because of a particular write-up about him in one of Toronto's TV listings, complete with quotes.

The TV listings were published in 1999 just before Teletoon's first preview of the Redwall animated series. I said I'd scan the article if I could find it again. Guess what, I did. :) Here are the links:

Cover of listings: http://www.spores.net/Mechadrake/images/redwall1.jpg

Page 1 of article:
http://www.spores.net/Mechadrake/images/redwall2.jpg

Page 2 of article:
http://www.spores.net/Mechadrake/images/redwall3.jpg

Enjoy. :) Forgive my cruddy scanner.

Rillflag27
April 27th, 2003, 03:12 PM
cruddy scanner or not a good article Draco :D

VanessaNB
April 27th, 2003, 06:14 PM
That's...cool. I'm surprised that RWTV got mentioned in any kind of major magazine/paper/whatever.
Alrighty, maybe BJ is a arrogant guy. After reaching this level of success, and having enough patience to pay attention to practically every fan, you'd think the guy deserves it. I think that's what I said last time. Bah. I bet there are other authors who are downright mean when it comes to putting fansites and fanfictions and fanarts. *won't mention any names*

By the way, Draco...be happy you have a scanner, cruddy thought it may be. Or it might not be cruddy.

Red Draco
April 27th, 2003, 06:59 PM
Oh yeah, there is definately much worse than Jaques out there in terms of ego. I know who you're talking about in reference to authors who sue fans for writing fanfiction, and that's why I refuse to touch McAffey's Pern series (oops, I named names ;)

VanessaNB
April 28th, 2003, 05:24 PM
Uh oh, you mentioned her name and the name of her books! Yer gonna get sued.
As far as I can tell, BJ would probably welcome a well written fanfiction sent to him, and I think (note the word think) there's some interview saying that he appreciates all his devoted fans and the stuff they make. Then again, it might be a figment of my imagination.

Martin the Warrior
April 29th, 2003, 12:27 AM
Thanks for the scans, Draco! That was a rather interesting article.

I think his comments about the word processor weren't meant maliciously, but more in the sense of an elder saying, "In my day..." or a print journalist talking about television journalism. It sounded like he was just trying to elevate "the old fashioned way" over "these newfangled gadgets". To me, anyway. He's still wrong, but the new generation would do well to have a healthy respect for tradition. :)

Thanks again!

Darkhood_343
April 29th, 2003, 09:09 PM
Kewl article Draco. Very interesting...

LadyBeelze
May 3rd, 2003, 11:38 AM
cool, doesn't look like your scanner is cruddy. Its just fine. Very interesting,..though i don't think i can put away the computer to write my stories. *sniff* horriblie handwriting

VanessaNB
May 6th, 2003, 06:05 PM
It ain't that easy to type on computers...my skills are horrible . Then again, writing by hand for too long hurts my wrist. Don't worry, only hurts when I've been writing for literally hours, which has happened before;)

Red Draco
May 8th, 2003, 10:24 PM
You're welcome for the scans, Martin. It wasn't any trouble. :) If you want to use them on the site for anything, you're welcome to.

I learned how to type on a typewriter, which is probably why I can go near 90 wpm with few mistakes (you can't erase on a typewriter, so you learn not to make mistakes or you lose marks :P). I wonder if that would appease Jaques. ;)