PDA

View Full Version : The fox recorder: part one

Fuzface
October 24th, 2007, 06:18 AM
The autumn light is shinning through the window of the gatehouse. The leaves have just begun to turn color…changing from lush green to auburn. It seems to add some sort of mystical light to the forest. The trees seem to whisper secrets to one another, rustling and creaking in some unknown language. I must admit, ‘tis a bit eerie. But, ‘tis beautiful all the same.
As I write, young Frenn, a baby squirrel, is sitting on my desk, chatting my ear off, and munching on my candied chestnuts. One time, the little creature got into my inkwells and painted herself black. T’was quite a mess to clean up let me tell you. There are still black, inky pawmarks all over my wall.
But I’m digressing. Let me tell you about myself. My name is Chuvacki. I am a fox, and the recorder of Redwall Abbey. It is my job to write down all the events and happens of our beloved Abbey. It is a very important job. Without the recorder, seasons of information would be lost.
I am the only fox here at Redwall. We foxes are usually enemies of the Abbey. My kin have attacked Redwall in seasons past. But the Redwallers took me in when I had nothing, and I am greatful to them. Everybeast here knows that I am a good, kind-hearted creature.
“Where is Redwall?” you ask, “It is no place that I have ever heard of,” I will tell you: Redwall is an Abbey, made of red sand-stone, in the middle of Mossflower woods. Redwall is inhabited by woodland creatures: mice, squirrels, otters, hedgehogs and the like…it is a peaceful place of harmony. It is a place that no humans can enter. But the woods can be a dangerous place. Sometimes, a lurking crew of vermin (like rats, stoats, weasels and other such animals) is hiding in the trees and bushes, waiting until some poor creature wanders into their path. Then, they strike, leaving the body on the path. It happened to Abbess Wren last night.
Here’s how it happened:
Everybeast was preparing for the autumn feast. The kitchens were a flood of light and movement. It was very stuffy in those kitchens, with no room to breathe. Rubio, the cook, was yelling and giving orders. Then, it was discovered that we were out of watercress. Everybeast was running around screaming like dibbuns (that is what we at Redwall call our young ones) during a thunderstorm. Finally, Wren stood on the table and shouted:
“’K, you lot! I’ll get th’ watercress, since all o’ you seem ta’ be useless,” she leaped from the table, pushed through the crowd, and out of the small kitchen door. I followed her, thinking I might help.
Wren strode quickly to the smaller wicker gate that we use for traveling in and out of the abbey. She threw them open, and stepped onto the path. All of a sudden, a very large fox, holding a rusty dagger jumped out into the open. Before Wren could even move, she was cut through, and fell lifeless to the path. I screamed, and ran quickly ran back through the wicker gate. It was a sad day for Redwall. All work stopped, and a party of warriors was sent out. I was with them, but we didn’t find anything. Someday I’ll get revenge on that fox. I will kill him for what he has done to our abbey. He has taken our brave leader away from us. So I must take his life! The feast has been called off, and a sad silence is hanging over our Abbey.

-Chuvacki, Recorder of Redwall Abbey

This was my letter to my secret pal. More is comming as soon as I write it.

Gorath the Flame
October 25th, 2007, 04:59 PM
The one thing that bugs me about your story, is I don't believe humans don't exist in the world of redwall.
Also since everyone loves it when I critisize them:slagar , why didn't you call the cook Friar Rubio?

But whether it they bug me or not can't wait for the rest of the story.

Fuzface
October 25th, 2007, 08:44 PM
Because I wrote it at the last minet.

Mad Maudie McBurl
February 29th, 2008, 04:27 PM
I've read though it twice and I don't see a thing about humans in it.

any way I liked it a whole lot. You could write some really good books.

Fuzface
February 29th, 2008, 04:28 PM
I've read though it twice and I don't see a thing about humans in it.

any way I liked it a whole lot. You could write some really good books.

Thank's M3. I've finally finished it, but I'm to lazy to post part it. :rolleyes:

Mad Maudie McBurl
February 29th, 2008, 04:30 PM
well please hurry and Post. I want to read the finish

Fuzface
February 29th, 2008, 04:34 PM
well please hurry and Post. I want to read the finish

Soon. The ending is rushed, though.