PDA

View Full Version : I finally joined up!

Chesk Otter
November 1st, 2002, 09:56 PM
I finally joined up! After a little problem with cookies I actually got logged in! Well, actually I joined up at the old forum but no one replied to the old post I made :( . This new forum is so much better! IT EVEN HAS SLAGAR SMILEYS :slagar :slagar :slagar :slagar :slagar !

Martin the Warrior
November 1st, 2002, 09:59 PM
Hola, Chesk! Welcome to the board!

Actually, I did reply to your thread on the old board a few days ago. It should still be up. I was a little preoccupied ironing out all the formatting issues of all the new site designs so I didn't see it for a few days, but I did finally get a reply up. ;)

Hope you enjoy yourself!

Lyrian Aryns
November 1st, 2002, 10:04 PM
Hey, Chesk! Let me be the first to welcome you to the forum!

Martin, must you post while I'm typing?! ;)

Chesk Otter
November 1st, 2002, 10:06 PM
Actually, it looks like Martin beat you to it ;) . Oh and thanks for replying to my post at the old board. I thought no one was ever going to!

Must you edit while I'm posting?! ;)

Martin the Warrior
November 1st, 2002, 11:22 PM
It's getting to be a habit, Lyrian. ;)

Slagar the Cruel
November 1st, 2002, 11:27 PM
Welcome on board the board, Chesk! ;)

Hola, Chesk! Welcome to the board!Again with the spanish? *sighs* ;)

Martin the Warrior
November 1st, 2002, 11:34 PM
Ja. ;)

Cale Yin
November 2nd, 2002, 10:35 AM
I know Spanish...

Tiene unas perritas en su pelo. Y las perritas cantan una canción sobre poopoo. Y las perritas gritan, "A FART ON THEE, THOMAS PUTNAM!!!" (From the book The Crucible)

dandin1
November 2nd, 2002, 01:04 PM
The Spanish. Oh yhea.... poor me, I didnt get a spanishh one last time ;)

Me gusta computadora. Not sure I wrote that right..

Cale Yin
November 2nd, 2002, 01:05 PM
LA computadora.

Lyrian Aryns
November 2nd, 2002, 01:07 PM
Uh... um... Soy muy perezosa! Yes.

Shouldn't it be 'Me gusta la computadora'?

People are always posting before I do... It's a conspiracy! You're ALL against me! *locks door*

Cale Yin
November 2nd, 2002, 01:15 PM
http://smilies.networkessence.net/contrib/sally/lol.gif...

I just noticed that when your post count changes, it changes on every single post you've ever made. So, everyone, REMEMBER WHERE YOUR FIRST POST WAS!!! :eek:

Slagar the Cruel
November 2nd, 2002, 01:25 PM
My first post was obliterated. So... yeah. No use remembering THAT post... :redsy

Don't ask me why reds just cameoed.

Martin the Warrior
November 2nd, 2002, 01:27 PM
Everything is retroactively changed. Sigs, avatars, post counts, locations.

Lyrian Aryns
November 2nd, 2002, 01:55 PM
Yeah, I noticed that... it would have been a nice feature fr ezboard. Because then, no one could see my disgustingly icky old sigs... :\

dandin1
November 2nd, 2002, 02:58 PM
That wouldve been a really good feature for slagar's, when he had angelfire..

The Red Badger
November 2nd, 2002, 03:50 PM
Oh, come on! :redsy is MUCH cooler than :slagar ! You know it, I know it, might as well admit it. :redsy is COOLNESS PERSONIFIED!

:D

dandin1
November 2nd, 2002, 05:00 PM
nah :slagar is 3D, way better. :redsy isnt red enough

The Red Badger
November 2nd, 2002, 06:47 PM
*takes away Dandin's half-oreo*

dandin1
November 2nd, 2002, 06:50 PM
but, but.... It's in my stomach!

um... if I reblace the ''way" with "a very tiny small" would it make the gods happy?

The Red Badger
November 2nd, 2002, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by dandin1
but, but.... It's in my stomach!

Since when does that bother me? :rolleyes:

um... if I reblace the ''way" with "a very tiny small" would it make the gods happy?

Beats me, but for ME, nothing short of, "Nowhere nears the cool level of :redsy" will do. :redsy

Glenner
November 3rd, 2002, 12:47 PM
Well hello Chesk! I recognise you from the Terrouge forum.:)

Slagar the Cruel
November 3rd, 2002, 12:58 PM
Join the Slag side, Dandin! I'll give you a whole oreo... AND a vanilla wafer! ;) :slagar

BTW... :slagar isn't REALLY 3D. I made him in MS Paint... WHICH SHOWS YOU MY EMOTICON SKILLZ!!! ;)

Lyrian Aryns
November 3rd, 2002, 03:28 PM
Since this seems to be as good a thread as any to ask this in...

Slagar, how on earth does one make transparent backgrounds in MS Paint? I have never managed to figure that out. :\

dandin1
November 3rd, 2002, 03:30 PM
well, you open a transperant gif, and you copy the transperantcy, and then you copyn paste it in your image... That's the long way

Cale Yin
November 3rd, 2002, 05:56 PM
WHAT??? YOU MEAN I CAN MAKE AN IMAGE TRANSPARENT IN MSPAINT??? BAAAAAH!!! Could you explain it with a lot more detail pleeze? :)

dandin1
November 3rd, 2002, 06:15 PM
Well, it aint that easy, and it's long. There must be another way... Ask Slagar. I mean STC on this forum. not slagar in his advice column :p

Lyrian Aryns
November 3rd, 2002, 06:19 PM
Oddly enough, that's who I was asking in the first place... ;)

Hehe... I'm so glad I don't have to rely on Paint any longer...

Slagar the Cruel
November 3rd, 2002, 07:18 PM
Well, your image has to be a GIF. Go into attributes. Click the "Use Transparent background color" checkbox, and select your transparent color! :)

dandin1
November 3rd, 2002, 07:21 PM
Oh, cool, I didnt know that! I didnt use paint since it was 3.1 :eek:

Cale Yin
November 3rd, 2002, 07:22 PM
Um... Isn't it sposedta make it a grey and white checkered, to show the transparency? I don't think it's working...

Slagar the Cruel
November 3rd, 2002, 07:24 PM
Um... Isn't it sposedta make it a grey and white checkered, to show the transparency? I don't think it's working...
Nope. It's not supposed to. Not at all.

But it'll work. Trust me. :)

Cale Yin
November 3rd, 2002, 07:27 PM
Okay... :)

Has anyone else found themselves talking a little differently since we started posting on this forum? It's like... it changed some people's online personalities a little... I know it did that to me... And Lyrian and Slagar and Martin, that's who I've noticed. Don't ask me what exactly I've noticed. Some people, like Treerose and Mackinsie, seem to be the same. Or maybe the fever is getting to me... whee...

dandin1
November 3rd, 2002, 07:34 PM
That's probly influenced by the posting craze, that is influenced by the new forum... Yes, we do all seem to be starting to talk Jackaldeer a bit... wired... weird

MoonShadow
November 3rd, 2002, 07:39 PM
Er... well... I have noticed a bit of a difference, but from who, I don't know....

Jackaldeer? Well, I can't really speak fluent Jackaldeer, just a few misc phrases and stuff..... Maybe watching Inuyasha and Yu Yu H had a bit of an influence on me.... :\

Cale Yin
November 3rd, 2002, 07:40 PM
Jackaldeerish is never fluent. It's rather... spontany-sporad.

Lyrian Aryns
November 3rd, 2002, 07:46 PM
I've kinda noticed that... I have no idea what it is, but I seem to be talking a bit different than I did on the ezboard... :\

I can't do JackalDeer worth beans... I am typically that way when it comes to wacky accents. :\

Cale Yin
November 3rd, 2002, 07:49 PM
*wriggles*
I just can't get over the fact that I don't have to think about Mark Forum Read anymore. It's just so coolokkkkkkoolycoolcocoocooollllluh...

I like to think that I can talk like an English person. But now there are two riding my bus and they laugh at me when I try to. I can't seem to get them to talk in an American accent, either. :P

MoonShadow
November 3rd, 2002, 07:50 PM
Je ne sais pas quel je suis... aw, forget it. French is no good when trying to hold an intelligent and extended conversation.

Jackaldeerish - I not understand saying SPOOT! Er... bad as well.... You know, it'd be cool if there was a Jackaldeerish diactalizer....

dandin1
November 3rd, 2002, 07:51 PM
What do you mean, you don't have to mark forums read? Do you have a special feature that I dont?

Cale Yin
November 3rd, 2002, 07:53 PM
No. When you read a topic that was red or yellow, it automatically stops being that and goes back to blue. It's reelee cool. ^_^

You know, maybe I should make something like that over Christmas break... if I find out how to...

MoonShadow
November 3rd, 2002, 07:57 PM
I'll help you! If I'm not overcome with sheer laziness..... :\

Just a note: In real life, I'm not lazy. I get homework done, I use my lunch time every day in the library or the computer room, and you get the idea. A lot of free time just causes me to be lazy....

Cale Yin
November 3rd, 2002, 08:02 PM
I'll help you! If I'm not overcome with sheer laziness..... :\

LOL!! That would be my problem also. And I'd forget.
I'm... more lazy in real life. :P

MoonShadow
November 3rd, 2002, 08:04 PM
I also start getting lazy once I sit in front of the TV or the computer.... *sigh*

*wants stay awake till midnight and yet go to sleep*

Cale Yin
November 3rd, 2002, 08:04 PM
*needs to take a shower and do her homework but can't breathe out of her nose*

Silly complaint. Yes.

Lyrian Aryns
November 3rd, 2002, 08:06 PM
Jeez, and I thought I was the lazy one around here...

MoonShadow
November 3rd, 2002, 08:06 PM
*needs a long vacation off from school*
*needs to take a shower as well, but before that, play ping-pong, eat a fruit, take care of hygienic needs for the teeth, and somehow manage to get off the internet*

Cale Yin
November 3rd, 2002, 08:07 PM
*can only get out of her chair to get cereal* :P

MoonShadow
November 3rd, 2002, 08:12 PM
*can only get out of her chair to go to the bathroom* ;b

Cale Yin
November 3rd, 2002, 08:13 PM
That too. ;P

*gasps* SVTST!!! AAAAAH!!! :O

Lyrian Aryns
November 3rd, 2002, 08:27 PM
Well, with the way you've been posting around here... jeez! I'm not the quick little newbie I once was!
*pushes cane-carrying computer dutifully onward*

Cale Yin
November 3rd, 2002, 08:28 PM
Only because I have something to say. On most things. :P

Heh... *pats cheap cable*

dandin1
November 3rd, 2002, 08:31 PM
yhea, computer is like a lazyness machine. I aint lazy in real life too, I writer beter than here!

Hey did you notice how we kinda call the internet a "fake life" when we talk about our "real life"?

Cale Yin
November 3rd, 2002, 08:33 PM
Ewe writer beter than here. :confused:
Wow. Could you maybe put that in JackalDeerish?? >_< ;)

Darkhood_343
November 4th, 2002, 05:51 PM
What does Spoot mean exactly Caleyin?

Lady Terra
November 4th, 2002, 05:57 PM
i was wondering the same thing. i was figuring it was just some randomness that came out of her crazy, insane mind :p

dandin1
November 4th, 2002, 06:12 PM
don't forget to ad that her mind is spooted... :D Spootness. Spooter. Spootery... :p

MoonShadow
November 4th, 2002, 06:45 PM
SPOOT! I don't go into a post-crazy mode as often as before.... Maybe because I have like 3 windows open at the same time, and here's an example of what they are:

1. A forum
2. Another forum
3. Some other non-forum site (like Lagomorphia or some fan site)

Yes, what is the exact definition of spoot? Well, I'm guessing that the definition changes, depending on the time and situation....

Yeah... fake life and real life.... I have to spend more time in reality.... Maybe daydreaming can be considered as real life to add more time to my real life. :\

Lyrian Aryns
November 4th, 2002, 07:38 PM
Well 'spoot' came from a show called The Angry Beavers, but as to what it means, I'm really not sure... :\

I prefer to think of it as a fantasy world, instead of a fake one...

MoonShadow
November 4th, 2002, 07:48 PM
I like to think of it as... normal life? After all, you're all humans, right? So it's like being in a discussion group in real life, except you're not talking to them face to face... Yes, there goes moon-Moon and her weird reasonings....

Chesk Otter
November 4th, 2002, 10:04 PM
Have any of you seen the Matrix? There is no spoon. :slagar

Cale Yin
November 5th, 2002, 12:23 AM
Love that movie... :D

Search for Angry Beavers fan sites. It might help. Exact definition of Spoot? ...I think I'll pull a Martin for this one. ;)